Sea World Maintenance Schedule 2024

themagician

15 hours ago, themagician said:

It’s been like this for a while, but Trident doesn’t have a reopening date and has been under maintenance (I believe) since early Feb.

Both of VRTPs SBF Visa rides are under maintenance, Trident and Martian the Marvin: Cosmic Boom. Tridents scheduled maintenance was from 12 Feb - 14 Mar 2024 and yet it is still under maintenance. Same with Martian the Marvin: Cosmic Boom, it was scheduled originally for 12 Feb - 22 Mar 2024 and it's been extended until 20 May, 2024.

Seems like they deliberately grouped the rides maintenance periods together, but it seems to've bitten them in the ass. What did they do to both of rides that has lead to these delays in reopening (M&M:CB) and the other one (Trident) not certain when it will reopen.

I was at Sea World on the long weekend and I tried my best to get a photo of Tridents maintenance but it's just awkward to do but here's my best description of what's happening. The whole ride gondola section (the thing that climbs the tower) is still being reassembled?  The panels are off on the sides and you can see all the inner working of it. Lots of ladders around but no work actively happening disappointing to see but clearly there are some issues? It does look like it's closer to reopening as it from what I could see all of the chairs were attached.

To my surprise they were actually working on Jet Rescues' Maintenance on a weekend! Very hard to get a photo of as they've put up a black mesh material that just doesn't let you take a decent picture but you can look through it in person. Most of the track is covered in scaffolding with white parts all throughout the track, possible repainting or smoothing of joints of the track? I'm not sure. I could also see maintenance staff working on what I assumed was the train as it was the load station part from the lift hill of Storm.

On another note I've never been able to find what happened to the 2nd train for Jet Rescue? Are the using it for parts, or the fact that the ride never seems to have a queue longer than 10 minutes deeming 2 train operations not necessary. If they want a new train for it, buy it from the SBNO clone of the ride at Wonderland Eurasia.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 12:54 PM, TV15 said:

On another note I've never been able to find what happened to the 2nd train for Jet Rescue?

It's usually always in the extra bit of track on the right of the unload area. Never seen it used though so I guess they just use one of them while the other gets worked on. I know other people have said they have seen both operating but no for ages.

bit late now but with the coaster cut outs I think part of it's possible* under selling (which could be wrong maybe it sold well) is because it's so darn expensive! Apart from coaster enthusiasts and the odd tourist not many people can fork out $50 for some cardboard cut outs. It's priced way too high. I love leviathan and cutouts but I have not bought it. $50 is just too much. 

1 minute ago, REGIE said:

It's usually always in the extra bit of track on the right of the unload area. Never seen it used though so I guess they just use one of them while the other gets worked on. I know other people have said they have seen both operating but no for ages.

Haven't seen it in years, and I do visit the park frequently enough. Not even over the peak summer period they had the 2nd train in the storage bay, so it must be used for parts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

50 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Hasn’t been there for a while now.

9 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Hasn’t been there for a while now.

Thought I was tripping with @REGIEs response… But no it’s just not there. Anyone know what actually happened to the 2nd train?

Edited by TV15

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they trim the vines around Trident during this extended maintenance period, ‘cause they’re already getting a bit out of hand.

IMG_7924.thumb.jpeg.6004ad014300af3b34c65f778619d432.jpeg

Also, don’t know how common it is to see JR with scaffolding around it like this during a maintenance period (I guess every time it’s repainted), but this is the first time I remember seeing it & thought it was interesting. 

IMG_7933.thumb.jpeg.660d6553b543a102eb151ca2b083f961.jpeg

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Jaggs Journeys posted a Sea World update, here are a few interesting maintenance screenshots. https://youtu.be/t3x5tJWbhwc

Trident - Reopening ? 
image.thumb.png.cb97d6420b0be9b9953183f934c51618.png

Looks done... (I thought it had panels on the rides gondola that covered the inside of it.) I wonder when it'll start testing and if it will reopen for the upcoming school holidays. As of today, it's been 111 days since it was last open.

Patrick's Jellyfish Frenzy - 

image.thumb.png.c864f0fc52e5ee6aa16f3d54f045e17a.png

Boots' Banana Boogie

image.thumb.png.67401b058f140819243474a8bfaa8097.png

Removed completely, I'd assume its at Movie World being worked on /s 

Jet Rescue

image.thumb.png.c1bc03a2eba95ec7afad1c78830e15a7.png

All scaffolding down, the reopening was pushed back by a day... no sign of the 2nd train in the storage bay.

Former Vikings Revenge Station

image.thumb.png.600da438ee189393e285aa6dfd0b3049.png

Definitely looks like they're connecting that food court up to Storm Coaster/JR tunnel. They've started painting the VRTP Signature Timber near the food court. Jaggs predicts a potential flat ride could go in the space. I'd like to think that but doubt it.

Looks like markings for utilities, there are orange lines coming out of the silver box a few seconds later in his video. 

Castaway Bay - Battle Boats

image.thumb.png.781fa2df2e729e39d7570ed2a9908f0c.png

Anyone know what's with all the tape markings on the rides trough?

Edited by TV15