new coaster at dreamworld? PLEASE

goliath

I'd love to see a woodie go into Rocky Hollow. Or maybe a coaster on the island themed to a American theme to suit the Cruise boat. Maybe they could make a American themed island and you catch the boat onto the island then you ride the rides on the island. Ideas for rides: Teacups, Chaos, Ferris Wheel, Roller-Coaster.... I dont know, Just rides that good old historical american parks have.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get why you'd want Dreamworld to get an inverted coaster to go after Lethal's market? I mean, why have the second (or third depending on if you wanna count Rugrats or not) inverted when you can have the first wooden coaster? Same as Movieworld not adding a looper to go against Cyclone, but rather an airtime based ride.

Why do people open up food shops when there's already a thousand in the local town? To get a slice of the action and top hopefully send the other one down. And are wooden roller-coaster that appealing to the general public? They want, bigger, fast, and cooler looking rides, not something that they view to be old and dilapadated (as false as that may be).

I agree, whats so good about Wooden Roller Coasters anyway? Thy are ugly, noisy and not that exciting. If they wanted something like that, they wouldv'e kept or relocated the Thunderbolt.
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on that point. Have you ever been on Ghost Rider or Pysclone or Roar? These just to name a few are IMO kick arse rollercoasters. They may not be the fastest or as high as some of the metal coasters but they have their place & were the first type of coasters ever built. I guess it's a matter of preference but to me a woodie ( as long as it's well maintained ) is a much more fun coaster to ride than a metal one. They all go up & down but on a wooden one I always feel that out of control feeling that I just don't get on the metal coasters :P

lmfao, I don't think you got his point gazza, lol, What I think Joz is trying to say is that: If there are lots of Burger Joints around the place, why build another, when IMO Kebab's Taste Better, but they are still providing competition, but also providing something different. Another way to put it. Some People may not like Burgers, so if they build a Kebab shop or something else, it may appeal to a Different audience, making it just as popular if not more. Is that what you were trying to say Joz?

Ok, then if there are heaps of kebab shops, then why not open a burger shop? The point isn't what type of food (coaster) thats being sold, but that doing something different makes your product stand out, and helps sell more. IMHO, DW would be better off marketing Australia's first standup/flyer etc, rather then Australia's third invert.

I disagree. From my experiences overseas, I would say that the general public can tell that a B&M is more than just another coaster. Though they've become quite common in America, it's not hard to see this in action when at the same park on the same day, a B&M and an Arrow coaster of more or less the same age have an hour's difference in queues. I'm talking about Viper at SFMM (versus Batman: the Ride), so not some undermantained little coaster that everyone's forgotten about.

I think part of the reason people want to see an Invert could be because aguably they are B&Ms best product, and this can be seen in the number of good reviews and the number of parks choosing them , and even with unique alternatives such as flyers avaliable more inverts are still sold (In the time between B&Ms 2nd last flyer (Superman: Ultimate Flight) and its newest one (Tatsu) 5 Inverts have been built. and By comparison there have been 3 floorlesses, 1 dive machine and no stand ups all of which are 'unique' products) And all up inverts make up over 40% of their sales, they are just a popular product. That said I would like to see a B&M invert, not to go after WBMWs market, but simply because they are a good ride. My next choice would be a floorless coaster.

I disagree. From my experiences overseas, I would say that the general public can tell that a B&M is more than just another coaster. Though they've become quite common in America, it's not hard to see this in action when at the same park on the same day, a B&M and an Arrow coaster of more or less the same age have an hour's difference in queues. I'm talking about Viper at SFMM (versus Batman: the Ride), so not some undermantained little coaster that everyone's forgotten about.
Forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but is that to say that you support the idea of a B&M at Dreamworld? Because that's what it sounds like to me. Alas, I would love a B&M inverted coaster there, but I would definately support a new and innovative coaster over yet another burger shop. But a B&M Inverter is no other burger shop, as Richard was saying (I think). Hmmm, I'd be happy with any new coaster actually.

Forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but is that to say that you support the idea of a B&M at Dreamworld? Because that's what it sounds like to me.
I was just saying that the general public can tell the difference between different coasters, and it wouldn't take long for word to get out that a ride is that much better than all the rest. That said, I would absolutely support the idea of a B&M at Dreamworld. Truth be told I see little other direction they can go in terms of large scale coasters, short of out-everythinging Movie World by installing a bigger, better Accelerator. I think now, 15-odd years on from B&M's introduction, it's just a matter of time now before one of our parks pulls out the big guns, and I think it could be one of the boldest and most rewarding moves in Australian theme park history if pulled off well.

I wouldn't rule the possibility out. I mean, why not? From a marketing perspective I think they'd be great.
You're right, it would be great from a marketing perspective, and if they installed one I certainly wouldn't be complaining, but at the moment X is simply causing more trouble than good. High maintenance costs, extremely long wait times due to only running one train, and frequent closings are not really a good thing for a theme park. Maybe in a few years when they figure all the 'quirks' out and get X running smoothly other parks around the world will decide to invest in more 4D coasters. Until then, I wouldn't get to excited about seeing a new 4D coaster in Australia.

I think seeing more 4Ds built will be very dependent on the sucess of the one going in at Fuji-Q, X was a prototype but now they can start out fresh and get it right the first time, if they do then more may be built due to greater confidence, but if they get it wrong a second time i think we may never see another one for a long time. http://www.rcdb.com/id3254.htm

Edited by Gazza