Dreamworld water park Attractions

mattcrombie

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Claire on BB just said on the live streaming that the Hotel will be built next year. She also said that BB isn't part of the theme park. This is a strange comment coz she claims that she works @ Tiger Island as well as Australia Zoo. But doesn't reckon that BB is part of DW. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread.

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently visited dreamworlds human recourses department and on the wall is a typed brochure/memo saying that the new waterpark will have heated pool/s open all year round including winter. The following is an exact copy of what is written on WATPACS website, confirming a wave pool, tower rides and various other attractions and food and beverage. Hope this helps and i will continue searching fr more information. "Creating hundreds of local jobs, Dreamworld Water Park is touted as a world-class stand alone water park. The project has a wave pool, three tower ride complexes with associated rides from each, toddler pools, extensive theming, external areas including sun lunges, shade structures and the like, food and beverage areas and extensive landscaped areas. Further, environmental design will ensure maximum water management to minimise water wastage. The filtration system will reduce annual water wastage from backwashing by 99 per cent when compared with other traditional systems. The WATPAC team are undertaking works in a fully-operational facility and constantly monitoring safety and procedural parameters to ensure not only efficient workflow but more importantly, the safety and security of Dreamworld patrons and employees." the website this information came from is: www.watpac.com.au

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for that info dodge. For some reason I didn't see your post at the time you wrote it. 3 tower structures is not very much for a stand alone waterpark (that's only 1 more tower than Sea World's crappy waterpark has). They are going to want to be very tall towers with a lot of rides packed onto each to make it worthwhile. It seems to me most of the newest waterpark attractions (such as Rocket Slides and Bowls) tend to have their own individual towers and do not usually share with other slides. Has anyone been past the park recently? We haven't had any updates for a few weeks and I'm sure construction must be progressing quickly. It's driving me crazy. If anyone has any info even from just driving past please let us know

3 tower structures is not very much for a stand alone waterpark (that's only 1 more tower than Sea World's crappy waterpark has). They are going to want to be very tall towers with a lot of rides packed onto each to make it worthwhile.
Hopefully it will, but SWs waterpark is just small, i wouldnt really call it crappy because there is a difference. It may have only 2 towers, but remember the largest tower used to have 6 slides coming off it, and the other one only has 2, but as you know they can easily have more.
It seems to me most of the newest waterpark attractions (such as Rocket Slides and Bowls) tend to have their own individual towers and do not usually share with other slides.
Maybe that because they are the newest, so a new tower needs to be built because existing ones in these parks wont fit any more or dont have enough ground space for a new ride coming off. Plus look at this pic, you can clearly see new generation rides like bowls sharing a tower with high speed tube slides, raft slides etc... But when you think about it, before extreme H20 zone WnW had only 4 towers (Super 8, Speedcoaster & Twister, Mammoth Falls, and essentialy white water mountain (since it used to be a timber platform before they added the mountain)) so DW would be having one less, but they could always combine more into one. Plus one thing everyone is forgetting is expansions, they might be deliberately opening DWWP small so they can trade off the novelty of a small park in the first year or so, but then put in a few new rides in the years following to gain extra visitors from that.

post-88-1150608139_thumb.jpg

Plus one thing everyone is forgetting is expansions, they might be deliberately opening DWWP small so they can trade off the novelty of a small park in the first year or so, but then put in a few new rides in the years following to gain extra visitors from that.
I have been reading this site for a while, and in particular this thread. And all I can do is laugh. People, when a new park opens somewhere in the world, and they have 1000ha of land, do you always expect tha 1000ha of land be full up to the brim? Ofcourse not, some of that land is going to be kept for expansions, which can contain rides which might have not been possible when the park first opened, due to technology not being adequate. But yeah, gazza, agree totally.

I have been reading this site for a while, and in particular this thread. And all I can do is laugh. People, when a new park opens somewhere in the world, and they have 1000ha of land, do you always expect tha 1000ha of land be full up to the brim? Ofcourse not, some of that land is going to be kept for expansions, which can contain rides which might have not been possible when the park first opened, due to technology not being adequate.
Ofcourse it is possible that Dreamworld Waterpark will start out small with the ultimate goal of expansion. However, this could potentially be a dangerous move on Dreamworld's part. The first impression the general public gets of a park is generally a lasting one. If people decide from the start that DWWP is not as big or as good as WnW then it will be a real struggle for DWWP to shake that stigma. We all know how much the Aussie public seems to go for for quantity over quality when it comes to parks. Take Movie World as an example (and I can think of many more), it started out with very little attractions. Over the years they have added a considerable number of rides but people always think of it as the park without many rides partly because of the way it was when it opened. The only things we know for sure about Dreamworld Waterpark is that there will be a wave pool, 3 tower structures and toddler pools. The rumour is that there will be no lazy river ride either (which is strange as most if not all new waterparks overseas have these). So as I said before, those towers are going to need to be packed with the latest and greatest slides and attractions to ensure Dreamworld does not get stuck with the 'inferior park' title. mattcrombie - if you can get those pics for us that would be excellent. Our theme park fansites don't seem to be covering the construction updates very much

mattcrombie - if you can get those pics for us that would be excellent. Our theme park fansites don't seem to be covering the construction updates very much
Excuse me I do an average of 3 updates a week, on parks locally and worldwide. but if you want me (ozcoaster.net) or Rich (roller-coaster.com.au) to do 7 updates a week then pay us our full time wage and we will quit our day jobs for you guys if not just be happy with the regually updates we provide.

Don't get me wrong rabid, you've done some great updates on the waterpark, as I've mentioned and thanked you for before. It's totally up to you when you want to and can provide updates and we are grateful for them. I just haven't seen any pics from the park for about a month (from anyone) so would be happy whoever can provide them. I know things must be moving along at a fast pace

Don't get me wrong rabid, you've done some great updates on the waterpark, as I've mentioned and thanked you for before. It's totally up to you when you want to and can provide updates and we are grateful for them. I just haven't seen any pics from the park for about a month (from anyone) so would be happy whoever can provide them. I know things must be moving along at a fast pace
On ozcoaster.net there's an update of Dreamworld dated 30th May. That's less than a month a go. Edited by dreamworld_rulz