New Shrek 3 Stage Show & New Western Show

Does anybody actually no that you can view the Shrek 4-D movie in your own home!! (it's only in 3-d though) Before I ever knew shrek 4-D was going to be an attraction in Movieworld, I was at Blockbuster and found this DVD. It had 2 dvd's in the box, Shrek 1 and Shrek 3-D. I borrowed it (blockbuster actually give you 3-D glasses) and to my suprise It is now used in themeparks in the U.S.A. and Australia!!! Weird :huh: You could still probably borrow it or buy the set in shops today. Anyway, back on topic. I think that Movieworld should focus on more of family orientated shows, if this is the way they're going. I used to love watching both Police Academy and the Western Magic Show, becuase everybody enjoyed them. This new Shrek show better have something "family orentated" becuase I think all teenagers like me don't want to sit through another Looney Tunes Musical Review show!! CoasterBoy6 P.S: Ihaven't posted for a while. So I guess this is my come back post!! :lol:

I just didn't want to tell in case people wanted to see it for themselves. In response to the last questions: It's in the show stage. They have done up the inside of the entrance so it seems you are walking into Shrek's swamp. They have mist and fog and all that so it really sets the mood well. The set is really good. They wear the costumes from the street parade. As I said I was impressed. It is essentially designed to look like Shrek's swamp. I saw it today and the stage was almost half full, but there were not a lot of people at the park. It goes for roughly half an hour. There is only one show per day at 12:30. For those who want to know what is about, you can read the following: Essentially it is about Shrek leaving to Far Far Away to meet up with Fiona. I am not sure where it fits with the whole scheme of the story, but Puss in Boots is there. Basically, little Red Riding Hood is organising a concert for Shrek before he leaves and he is suppose to be the main star. Donkey wants to be the main star, but when Shrek says he doesn't want to, they let Puss in Boots do it. They sing a few songs, tell a few jokes and at the end Shrek actually decides to sing, which is pretty good. The songs are fairly recent and are not corny, which is the problem these shows generally face. I personally was really pleased with the dancing, etc. A pretty good show, but be warmed it is a fairly music based show if you really do not enjoy those type of things.

Edited by Churros

• 3 weeks later...

Shrek Live runs for a limited time only and won't be sticking around for long after the holidays. Thanks for your nice comments regarding the set and all, we all think they've done a great job and it's nice to see something of such quality back in the show stage, an underutilised venue for a long time now. As far as this talk of a Western show, the show stage was originally the western action show, which later was transformed into the Maverick show. Don't have your hopes up for seeing a return of the western show to this venue however there are some pretty big plans in the pipeline.

• 2 weeks later...