Sign in to follow this  
Flea

Wonderland Update - Lion Cubs!

23 posts in this topic

I took today's trip for one reason - to see the new lion cubs. The area for the cubs is fantastic, much better than I imagined. I ended up standing there for an hour photographing the area. However, the cubs were a real pain to photograph since they kept moving around. Keep checking OzCoaster reguarly for the photos! Now onto other issues. The park is really hyping the whole Spiderman thing. There are two gigantic Spiderman signs on the structure of Bush Beast and the Beach tower. On top of the turnstiles roof are two Spiderman and Hulk pictures. Also, a TV crew were filming Spiderman and two "Wonderland kids". They were filming just infront of the waterfall (near Space Probe's entrance) where Spiderman did flips etc. Once again, keep checking OzCoaster for photos. I took my first ride on the rehabbed red train on Bush Beast today. Although smother than it was before, the red train is rougher than the yellow train. However the trim brake has once again been set to not completely stop the train! Now onto Space Probe. Car 2 is now out of rehab with some noticeable adjustments. The car now goes much faster when going up. Imagine this, when car 2 reaches the top of the tower, cars 1 & 3 are only halfway up the tower. This leaves car 2 at the top for around 10 seconds rather than the usual 5. While we're on the subject of Space Probe, I managed to get my 500 rides goal. I left today with a ride count of 504! Thanks, ~Liam

However, the cubs were a real pain to photograph since they kept moving around. Keep checking OzCoaster reguarly for the photos!
Blast them and their movement! Good to hear Wonderland is coming back to life for the summer. Maybe I should push back my Sydney-Brisbane flight on the way home to check it out while it's at its peak. :)

Why can't he stay at your house Flea Boy?
"That's a little strange if you're asking me"- Hello Hello, The Cat Empire ;) Rich, I'm sure you've heard of the motel place I'm talking about. It's called F1 or something like that. ~Liam

Good to hear about the park Liam, im heading of to WLS tomorrow. Anyway I would love to meet up with you Richard, would be great fun, to welcome you to a park that we call our 'home' park. Tell us some dates and i'll reserve those days if you end up coming.

good stuff flea sounds great, Im of to watch Gozilla now but after will do your update straight away as well as finishes my photo xmas cards I have been making for work (wbmw) but update will be up later tonight early morning ian

"That's a little strange if you're asking me"- Hello Hello, The Cat Empire
Without taking this too far off topic, I must add that as a very anti-hiphop person, that song is just about the only one I actually enjoy hearing. The Cat Empire have done better stuff though. 8)

Flea - the last pic is of Spiderman on a red buggy. Is this normal? What was actually going on here? I can see another buggy coming up behind him... were there other characters on buggies too? Is this part of the new parade (which I didn't think had started yet?!)

Flea - the last pic is of Spiderman on a red buggy. Is this normal? What was actually going on here? I can see another buggy coming up behind him... were there other characters on buggies too? Is this part of the new parade (which I didn't think had started yet?!)
All Marvel characters were all following Spiderman on buggies (Elektra, Hulk etc). I believe it started yesterday. It's kinda scary to think that this is the marvel parade though, because I would be very disappointed if it was. ~Liam

This is fairly interesting news then isn't it? They never used to have all the characters out on buggies before. Did you actually see them out flea or did someone else take the pic? I'm just surprised you didn't mention it before. Surely it has something to do with the parade... perhaps it was a practice run?

This is fairly interesting news then isn't it? They never used to have all the characters out on buggies before. Did you actually see them out flea or did someone else take the pic? I'm just surprised you didn't mention it before. Surely it has something to do with the parade... perhaps it was a practice run?
The pic was taken by me (all photos of Wonderland on OzCoaster are :P). I'm hoping it has absolutely nothing to do with the parade. I want something more extreme than a few characters driving around on buggies. Then again, they did drive around as if it were a parade (waving to the people etc). ~Liam

) Oh how so cute are the Tiger Cubs (OOPS) Lion Cubs! Wonderbus 2003 (I hope thats right) and Danny Fanny (OOPS) Daniel sound just as cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D Like a Tiger , Like a Tiger (OOPSY AGAIN) Like a Lion , Like a Lion roll

Jack are you on something? Your last three comments are an absolute joke. Great for a laugh anyway. Go see a psycologist. "The Bus is now leaving for Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, Alberta, Canada"

We're cute baby ;) Although not the type you're after. You're more into the likes of that boxer guy... Butterbean aren't you? I know how much you enjoyed that scene of Jackass. What an attractive man. I used to work alongside someone many moons ago that **slightly :P ** resembled him. I'm sure you'd get on with him like a house on fire. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted:

I look like him do I? That's nasty Scared of Jack and Diane, Two American Kids growing up in the heartland. That's the worst insult imaginable I must say. I know the thing you and him and going though. It's no secret. That little rendezvous... I wonder what he's doing these days? Probably delivering pizza's, or eating them on the way anyway... Custard Ass! I've got some keys to give you too Butterbean... Want em? Pffttt... Merry Christmas.

Danny who are Scared of Jack and Diane? Are they staff members? And what is their relationship with you? "The Bus is now leaving for Christmaspie, Surrey, England"

Scared of Jack and Diane is singular you dolt. One person. What's the they crap? A monkey in a silk suit is still a monkey... If I tell you, I'm afraid I'd have to kill you.