Village on the RISE!

S.W24

Didn't know where else to put it - WWF reopened today after rehab. Looking wonderful! Lets see how long it lasts.
I might feel like an idiot, but what's WWF? :P I know it has to be something to do with Village, so I'm thinking, but I really don't know! Also, to all the yelling stuff at Randy, I'm sorry if I've ever said something that wasn't meant to be said. Thought I might just clear that up now. >.> And really, is this the spot to be yelling at people? Maybe just drop them a PM if you have something to say.

Today in the Sunday Mail there was a bit of information about the new movies for both Movie World and Sea World. Movie World will indeed be getting Journey to the Centre of the Earth 4-D adventure while Sea World will be getting Happy Feet 3D. It also says a new thrill ride for Movie World? post-2117-1284280067_thumb.png Also in yesterday's Gold Coast Bulletin they started a series of 3D (red/blue glasses) images. One of which was an advert for Castaway Bay. post-2117-1284280166_thumb.png

Edited by themeparkgc

Areas of MW to keep an eye on over the next 18 months: - Batman simulator - Looney Tunes River Ride - Western corner/old show stage area - Lethal Weapon
haha, yer sorry, I was being a little random, I was saying that what is going in 'the area' of Looney tunes river ride, I am very happy and exited about but I hate the location it's going in.. the attraction planned would have suited a different area of the park, but thats just me.. I said I would prefer something different than what Movie World has planned. Just ignore my last post then if I am confusing everyone.
I'll start by saying I have no relation to any of the parks - this is pure uninformed speculation. About five years ago Warner Bros. Movie World Germany went through a major transformation to become Movie Park Germany. As part of this expansion several rides were rethemed. The Looney Tunes River Ride was transformed into the Ice Age Adventure. I'm thinking that it could be possible, that our local Looney Tunes River Ride could be rethemed into Ice Age and opened in time for the fourth movie (Ice Age: Continental Drift) due for release in mid-2012. I would hardly think that they would replace the whole ride system to build another ride when it is functioning well. My bet is that it will be similar to how Sea World rethemed Lassiter's Lost Mine into Bermuda Triangle.

I'll start by saying I have no relation to any of the parks - this is pure uninformed speculation. About five years ago Warner Bros. Movie World Germany went through a major transformation to become Movie Park Germany. As part of this expansion several rides were rethemed. The Looney Tunes River Ride was transformed into the Ice Age Adventure. I'm thinking that it could be possible, that our local Looney Tunes River Ride could be rethemed into Ice Age and opened in time for the fourth movie (Ice Age: Continental Drift) due for release in mid-2012. I would hardly think that they would replace the whole ride system to build another ride when it is functioning well. My bet is that it will be similar to how Sea World rethemed Lassiter's Lost Mine into Bermuda Triangle.
From what I can tell from Movie Park Germany's website they changed hands therefore the licensing might have changed as well. I would have thought that Warner Bro's Movie world would have to stick to Warner Movies or at least the movies which Village Roadshow distribute (Paramount, Warner, Dreamworks & Roadshow). I assume it would be the same for the other parks Village Roadshow own....Seaworld - Happy feet (roadshow), Spongebob (paramount) etc.. Don't get me wrong I really would love for them to update some of the rides but I think it will be one of 'their' movies

From what I can tell from Movie Park Germany's website they changed hands therefore the licensing might have changed as well. I would have thought that Warner Bro's Movie world would have to stick to Warner Movies or at least the movies which Village Roadshow distribute (Paramount, Warner, Dreamworks & Roadshow). I assume it would be the same for the other parks Village Roadshow own....Seaworld - Happy feet (roadshow), Spongebob (paramount) etc.. Don't get me wrong I really would love for them to update some of the rides but I think it will be one of 'their' movies
Except Dreamworld have Spongebob. Who knows, lets just hope its something decent

I think it would make sense to keep the Tune Ride as a water dark ride but I have a feeling WVTP's have quite radically different plans for this space. Personally I believe they should re-imagine it as the "Looney Tunes Adventure" keeping a major attraction for the all important Cartoon character franchise but with a whole new ride system and experience.. Surely they can see the logic in doing this? I am a little concerned that Bugs and Pals are gunna get the boot in favour of something that doesn't have the same kind of ongoing upkeep expenses that the LTRR does. Trouble is NO other Theme will have the same staying power as these iconic legends My bet is that whatever the new ride system is that goes in there it will most certainly be more thrilling but perhaps less immersive and maybe not very fitting for the area, atleast as it currently stands anyway