Possible reason Eureka Mountain is still closed

• 4 weeks later...

The Gold Rush theme changed when Buzzsaw opened up. Any new ride installed would probably be themed to Ghosts, as the "Town of Gold Rush" theme is now that of a Ghost "Gold Rush" Town rather than a booming Gold Rush town. A Haunted Mine Roller Coaster could fit this theme, but it requires management with "impressive vision that goes way beyond the forward estimates" to quote a Liberal Politician talking about most of Labor's grand schemes in this current election campaign. In other words, Management that doesn't give a crap about how much it will all cost because they won't be there to see it through to the end. Management with the vision of "We've nothing to lose".... Edit: So yes, I agree with Alex. But only because of the lack of cost effectiveness. The fact is a Mine Coaster would continue to fit the theme of the area but Ardent doesn't have the luxury of being able to make announcements of wild and expensive projects at the moment or in the foreseeable future.

Edited by colliric_855

If adventure world in Perth can afford to put in a EuroFighter coaster in why can't DW MW or even SW do the same. Adventure world- a park I've never heard of until yesterday has put itself on the map for having australias first eurocoaster. Come on Adveenture World is catching up to Queensland parks. Get rid of the mountain in DW and add a EuroFighter and theme it to a mine like at dolly wood !!!!!!!

If adventure world in Perth can afford to put in a EuroFighter coaster in why can't DW MW or even SW do the same. Adventure world- a park I've never heard of until yesterday has put itself on the map for having australias first eurocoaster. Come on Adveenture World is catching up to Queensland parks. Get rid of the mountain in DW and add a EuroFighter and theme it to a mine like at dolly wood !!!!!!!

Sea World's putting in a huge Mack Water Coaster, Movie World has one of the world's best coasters and Dreamworld has been behind for so long they don't even deserve a mention anymore.

In fact, in Movie World's case, when they built Green Lantern they really did pick the best possible ride they could have for the parked. A eurofighter would've just been compared to Superman and would be seen as the "not as good" ride. Instead, they've gone for something so different they work harmoniously as a complete set of well rounded attractions inside a decent park.

Adventure World is privately owned and operated, and the owners are possibly encouraged by the Good forecasted prospects of Perth's tourism growth(/boom), there are also several major rival projects being currently proposed in Perth. So a major investment was a "juicy prospect", good for the State, and now the park can start building itself up even more(possibly in anticipation of rivals coming along), perhaps another major ride in a few years time. Dreamworld is not privately owned.... They have shareholders to contend with. Villiage Roadshow(owners of Movie World, Sea World, etc) also has shareholders to contend with, but they're a heck of alot more cashed up, and always were, thanks to their Cinema chains(jointly owned with Greater Union) and film production arm(technically they are also a "Film Studio").

Edited by colliric_855