Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

look at the pic of the hill above by iwerks

thats a pretty steep hill, there is no way the ride can be pretty flat right to the very last drop

In all honestly, it's more or less directly comparable to Funnel Web

0620-1_Funnel_Web_20130214_140143.jpg

Except that there is that extra open air drop at the start like the one on Zinga that would be pushing it up the hillside a bit further:

zinga-slide-wide.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see your point but the hill at adventure world is much steeper than the hill at jamberoo and the ride at AW looks like it will be longer and taller too.

look, i hope it's a steeper than all others drop into the funnel that gives it the claim to the 'steepest' 

i'd love a huge drop directly into it, i'm just not sure that's feasible or even safe?

Yep, exactly. Unless this goes steeper than 45 degrees (Or whatever the standard proslide Tornado drop angle is), then it's not the steepest, simple as that. Average gradients over distance etc don't count for anything, or else we'd be saying that Kingda Ka is the worlds 'steepest' coaster because it drops through 127m of height in the space of 200m or so of travel distance.

For comparsions sake here's Funnel Web and Monster (I'm gonna call it that for the time being) side by side.

The one at Jamberoo just has harder harpins turns on the top section so the turns are crunched into less space, whereas the one at Adventure World is more of a gradual zig zag. And at the bottom the Jamberoo one has a spiral straight into the pool, whilst the Adventure World has that wide u turn that places the pool further away from the Funnel.
Plus the bonus drop at the top that adds a bit of extra length too.

monster.JPG

Yep, exactly. Unless this goes steeper than 45 degrees (Or whatever the standard proslide Tornado drop angle is), then it's not the steepest, simple as that. Average gradients over distance etc don't count for anything, or else we'd be saying that Kingda Ka is the worlds 'steepest' coaster because it drops through 127m of height in the space of 200m or so of travel distance.

For comparsions sake here's Funnel Web and Monster (I'm gonna call it that for the time being) side by side.

The one at Jamberoo just has harder harpins turns on the top section so the turns are crunched into less space, whereas the one at Adventure World is more of a gradual zig zag. And at the bottom the Jamberoo one has a spiral straight into the pool, whilst the Adventure World has that wide u turn that places the pool further away from the Funnel.
Plus the bonus drop at the top that adds a bit of extra length too.

monster.JPG

It seems kinda rude to talk negatively about this ride when the CEO has given us all the time of day to sign up here and give us inside info.

You probably have to walk further to the DK chairlift station, anyway.

Just realised the sign said 'Australia's Best Waterslide.'

You want to tackle that one, Gazza?

Could concur with that one ;) Tornadoes are my favourite slides, this one is longer, and has theming.

It seems kinda rude to talk negatively about this ride when the CEO has given us all the time of day to sign up here and give us inside info.

Where did I say anything negative? I just gave a description of what each ride does. 

Edited by Gazza

From AWs facebook page:

It’s the ‪#‎tallest‬‪#‎steepest‬ and ‪#‎longest‬ Tornado on the planet and it is opening in October!

The ‪#‎monster‬ fibreglass funnel of Adventure World’s new $7 million fully themed mega water slide is being installed as we type! Don’t miss your chance to purchase your Early Bird Season Pass now and save up to $55 plus additional benefits for the most ‪#‎AWesome‬ summer ever! ‪#‎getready‬‪#‎Perthsummer‬

Click here to buy your Early Bird Season Pass: http://adventureworld.net.au/…

11058690_10153435846204564_5709555607519

11214244_10153435846149564_1321810994195

and this which has a video with it on their Facebook page.

The Challenge Cup was previously run at Adventure World. There were many ‪#‎AWesome‬ memories from the people who were lucky enough to join in the fun! Who remembers this ‪#‎ThrowbackThursday‬ advert from 2005? ‪#‎TBT‬

Also with what people were saying about the steepness. From this picture showing tall supports right in front of the funnel. It does to me look like it will be a big and a steep drop into the tornado. (Just my opinion)

Edited by Tim Dasco

Those eyes are amazing! They've chosen a great theme. I love the way Adventure World is going the extra mile and giving their new rides strong story lines with theming and presentation to match. But at the same time it makes me really sad that Wet n Wild GC and Sydney make no attempt to theme their slides, and in the case of WnW Sydney, does not even bother to give the slides logos. One of the biggest complaints about WnW Sydney is the lack of atmosphere. Adventure World is showing Village it is indeed possible to theme a slide, thereby improving its appeal and, no doubt, the atmosphere of the park as well.

Edited by GoGoBoy

Like from AW's Facebook page:

http://www.experienceperth.com/travel-information/experience-perth-blog/2015/07/17/worlds-biggest-mega-slide-coming-to-adventure-world

"The ProSlide Tornado 60 slide is the longest, steepest and tallest Tornado slide on the planet, dropping 30 metres along the 260 metres of ride. The Tornado 60 is widely recognised as the world's favourite and iconic water ride."

Adventure World posted this cool picture from above the park in 2005 on their Facebook Page,today.  A lot's changed since then.  I can't believe how empty Dragon's Kingdom was.  It's also great to see the castle as well as Turbo Mountain.

Adventure World has also confirmed that their kids' show is returning this season.  I also wonder if they'll be trying anything new on their menu, especially after the success of their gourmet menu last year. I'm guessing Mark will make sure that the pulled pork burger isn't going anywhere.

11807442_10153449924834564_8443535229849807498_o.jpg

Its incredible how much the park has grown and improved in the past 10 years

I did a quick drive by today , the funnel looks complete - it is so massive, pictures dont do it justice , pictures dont do that hill justice either - so steep seeing it cleared with yellow sand down and the funnel at the bottom giving the whole thing some perspective of how it will all come together.

bit of digging happening near the station for the rail rider , looked like for a pipe or cable or something (just a trench) 

fresh paint on the entrance gates.

i wanted to griswold my way in and just go on the rides by myself 

Edited by grrofunger