What's worth checking out at Disney?

This thread is cool, I will be attempting the Disneyworld in one day madness next month, probably on a Monday in late October (we might do Tuesday as well, not sure if we'll have time).

I only want to do the coasters at Animal Kingdom, and apparently there's a breakfast that gets early entry, so I figure we get in early and knock them off quick.

Only want to do Rock'n'Roller coaster at the Studios, hit that next. Been on the other rides there, the Hollywood Tower and Great Movie Ride would be fun to re-visit though.

If we're going good for time, maybe visit Epcot, (been before not a fan) - only Test Track (haven't been on) interests me.

MK last, and I plan on using the MyMagic to book 3 fastpasses for this park. Not looking to do many rides here because I've been on most of them. 7 Dwarves is a priority for a fast pass, not even sure what else I could be bothered with for fast pass - I haven't checked out whether I can book  across multiple parks in one day. Want to ride Barnstormer because it is new to me and I'm coaster credit whore.

Who knows, we might do that very quickly or it might take all day. That's my minimum goal for the day.

This thread is cool, I will be attempting the Disneyworld in one day madness next month, probably on a Monday in late October (we might do Tuesday as well, not sure if we'll have time).

I only want to do the coasters at Animal Kingdom, and apparently there's a breakfast that gets early entry, so I figure we get in early and knock them off quick.

Only want to do Rock'n'Roller coaster at the Studios, hit that next. Been on the other rides there, the Hollywood Tower and Great Movie Ride would be fun to re-visit though.

If we're going good for time, maybe visit Epcot, (been before not a fan) - only Test Track (haven't been on) interests me.

MK last, and I plan on using the MyMagic to book 3 fastpasses for this park. Not looking to do many rides here because I've been on most of them. 7 Dwarves is a priority for a fast pass, not even sure what else I could be bothered with for fast pass - I haven't checked out whether I can book  across multiple parks in one day. Want to ride Barnstormer because it is new to me and I'm coaster credit whore.

Who knows, we might do that very quickly or it might take all day. That's my minimum goal for the day.

just one thing about Halloween weekend.  Avoid it like the plague.  Halloween is a big thing for the Americans and the MK could well be at capacity.  A Monday of Tuesday should be OK but you might want to see how late each park stays open for.

^I've been to Halloween Horror Nights before, the opening ceremonies are always pretty cool - and then when it's done they release the crowd and the scare actors charge at the crowd. I'm doing lights-on tours of 6 of the HHN mazes too.

Busch isn't bad, it's a solid haunt. Though the mazes are nowhere near the level of HHN in terms of set design.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, people seriously attempt things OTHER than MK in a single day? I'm surprised that's possible. The only time I've been to a Disney park in the day recently was Animal Kingdom, and we didn't manage everything.

Halloween, with Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, is another thing however, and something that everyone who's looking at going to Magic Kingdom in Sept/Oct should look into.

We did it in 2012 and it was excellent. Though the tickets say the event starts at 6pm you are actually allowed in from 4pm (well, in 2012 anyway). They shut a few of the smaller rides (eg Jungle Cruise) from 5/6pm but most stay open until midnight, which is kicking-out time (we did endless rides of Space Mountain for the last hour, all more or less walk-ons). Great parade, fireworks, and there park has considerably less people in it.

Yeah, there's no "scare mazes" or anything like that, but there's trick-or-treating for the kids, and that's about it. Which is fair enough - keeps the kids busy and keeps the queues down! Got a trip report on my website here.

I think, at the time, tickets were $60USD, which is a fair bit less than the standard tickets into MK, but of course you're not allowed in as long. That being said, neither is anyone else. I'm unsure how they get rid of "non-Halloween people" after 6pm.

A few quick tips - if you're attempting a park from opening, try to eat some breakfast before you get there. Typically we have a bowl of cereal at the villa. Lunch at 11-ish to mean you don't have long to wait for lunch, or long to wait for rides whilst everyone else has their lunch. Parade - got me there, but if you're just in the Disney area and want to enjoy the fireworks without going into the park (say you're over at Downtown Disney for example), you can go over to the hotels by the lagoon (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary) and watch from there with a few drinks (I know, there's a bit of transport involved from Downtown Disney whether you've got a car or not, but it can be done). Souvenir shopping - wait until the end, of course, as just about everything is sold on Main Street on the way out. Or wait and get the majority of stuff from Downtown Disney anyway.

We're booked, doing Animal Kingdom first - ride the coasters, then out of there - single rider line all the way for Everest, We will get there a good while before park opening.

Then the Studios, ride the coaster, done everything else before, maybe do the Movie ride and the Tower again if crowds are good. Then we leave.

Epcot maybe if we're doing good for time. Test Track single rider line, been there before, not interested in Soaring or Mission Space unless there are no lines.

Then Magic Kingdom, we've pre-booked fast passes for the main things we want to do - which start from 5pm. Anything else is a bonus, done it all before. MK is open until midnight that day.

Going on a weekday in late October, no magic hours to compete with for the first three parks. Doing MK on a non Halloween party night. Our goal is very modest, so I think we're a chance. I'm not a huge Disney fan, so I'm not real fussed.

We're booked, doing Animal Kingdom first - ride the coasters, then out of there - single rider line all the way for Everest, We will get there a good while before park opening.

Then the Studios, ride the coaster, done everything else before, maybe do the Movie ride and the Tower again if crowds are good. Then we leave.

Epcot maybe if we're doing good for time. Test Track single rider line, been there before, not interested in Soaring or Mission Space unless there are no lines.

Then Magic Kingdom, we've pre-booked fast passes for the main things we want to do - which start from 5pm. Anything else is a bonus, done it all before. MK is open until midnight that day.

Going on a weekday in late October, no magic hours to compete with for the first three parks. Doing MK on a non Halloween party night. Our goal is very modest, so I think we're a chance. I'm not a huge Disney fan, so I'm not real fussed.

I think it's a grerat challenge but I must admit it put a smile on my face when you said you're going for all 4 parks in one day but aren't a big Disney fan and not fussed.  Have a good one!

Edited by Adam C