Fright Nights - 2015

Texas... a southern state... a confederate state.... a state that has a place called MOONSHINE HILL wouldn't be down with the mason jar trend?

Do you think Mason jars only became a thing recently?

The south STARTED the Mason Jar "trend" out of necessity - what else were you supposed to store Moonshine in for shipment?

That said - the jar itself looks MUCH bigger than a mason jar.

I just had a thought. 

Last year on the behind the screams tour they said next year there will be a maze based on a new game serious from the same developer as Evil Within (I did Google it but can't remember the name). Nothing has moved up on the grave yard (storage behind Wild West falls) will keep an eye out for anything up there.

Now, while not a new game series, the founder of Tango Gameworks (Shinji Mikami) is known as the grandfather of "Survival Horror Games" thanks to his involvement in creating the iconic Resident Evil series of games.

In the original game, the setting is an estate know as Spencer Mansion. Looking back at some of the photos of the construction in Intencity, it's quite clear that this maze is going to be set in some lavish estate of some sort. 

Mansion_front.thumb.jpg.8b536cdd98e6f7b6

IMG_2349.thumb.JPG.a5fa80e2af0b354ea2670IMG_2347.thumb.JPG.8ef140dc019902ac83671

IMG_2343.thumb.jpg.88f392453e2ca46b47f28

If lifeofsamage is right in that we will see another video game IP this year, could this mean that Resident Evil is one of the mazes this year?

^I can't tell if you are serious or not 

I mean, every maze was really well done. Actually, I'm going to throw WC2 in there too as well as Clowns. I forgot to add last years too.

I just had a thought. 

Now, while not a new game series, the founder of Tango Gameworks (Shinji Mikami) is known as the grandfather of "Survival Horror Games" thanks to his involvement in creating the iconic Resident Evil series of games.

In the original game, the setting is an estate know as Spencer Mansion. Looking back at some of the photos of the construction in Intencity, it's quite clear that this maze is going to be set in some lavish estate of some sort. 

Mansion_front.thumb.jpg.8b536cdd98e6f7b6

If lifeofsamage is right in that we will see another video game IP this year, could this mean that Resident Evil is one of the mazes this year?

What if it's Texas Chainsaw or Woman in Black ?

What if it's Texas Chainsaw or Woman in Black ?

It could be anything. It's all speculation at this point. 

Texas Chainsaw doesn't sound likely for this location (Intencity). The maze clearly doesn't reflect the southern architecture found in the film series. I don't think Chris Grew and the team would mess something like that up.

Brad2912 summarised my thoughts on the likelihood of the "Woman in Black" a little bit earlier

"it's likely, but I don't think it will be. It's not likely, but it could be."

Resident Evil is in the same boat. There's some information that says it could be but there's almost information that make it seem unlikely. 

It could be anything. It's all speculation at this point. 

Texas Chainsaw doesn't sound likely for this location (Intencity). The maze clearly doesn't reflect the southern architecture found in the film series. I don't think Chris Grew and the team would mess something like that up.

Brad2912 summarised my thoughts on the likelihood of the "Woman in Black" a little bit earlier

Resident Evil is in the same boat. There's some information that says it could be but there's almost information that make it seem unlikely. 

This is very true. The Maze Design team are very good at what they do. It's like walking on a movie set ( in my opinion) but the maze theme doesn't necessarily have to relate to its surrounding architecture. Look at The Ripper Maze. Inside, it was set up as Old London and outside it was Hillbillies. It was a really great concept - you get chased by Jack the Ripper on the inside and when you get outside and you think you're okay, the hillbillies scare the absolute daylights out you. And Texas Chainsaw/ Southern surroundings kinda go together. It's possible that the house in the maze is the mansion that the grandmother left to the main protagonist in TC 3D

Edited by FoolishMortal999

This is very true. The Maze Design team are very good at what they do. It's like walking on a movie set ( in my opinion) but the maze theme doesn't necessarily have to relate to its surrounding architecture. Look at The Ripper Maze. Inside, it was set up as Old London and outside it was Hillbillies. 

That's a pretty good point. It's something I've noticed with a couple of mazes in the past. The difference between Ripper last year and this unknown maze is the fact that the facade of the show stage is permanent, while this mansion facade is just for a maze. Why would the team purposely design and build a mansion facade if the interior is going to be themed around something completely unrelated? 

Edited by Zanstabar

That's a pretty good point. It's something I've noticed with a couple of mazes in the past. The difference between Ripper last year and this unknown maze is the fact that the facade of the show stage is permanent, while this mansion facade is just for a maze. Why would the team purposely design and build a mansion facade if the interior is going to be themed around something completely unrelated? 

I think the mansion is related to the maze ( obviously) Watch Texas Chainsaw 3D- Heathers Grandmother ( who was related to the sawyer family) left the mansion to Heather in her will and in the basement there was Leatherface in hiding. This is just a random hunch though but I must say I think it's a bit disrespectful for someone to take photos of something that at this point is off limits. There are reasons why they have walls around it and I don't think it's fair on VRTP. 

Just quickly went to MW and the car over the fountain has now been removed. 

That doesn't sound good to me.. I hope it's just a quick refurbishment 

Gold Coast Theme Parks posted this on FB: 

The first dates for this years Fright Nights at Movie World have been announced. These are the 2nd, 9th and 16th October. More dates will be announced very soon.

This has got to be incorrect. Fright Nights is usually a sold out event and MW has had to add extra nights in November ( example: 2006 & 2013), I  doubt they would exclude the first three Saturday's of October. 

Is the fountain itself operating ? 

Edited by FoolishMortal999

^I would say from that post they meant that they are some of the dates, but more are to be announced. I read something on FB that for the people who went to the Rv commercial recording last week got a free ticket to FN on one of those nights. Id say that's where they got that information from.

And yes he fountain is operating