Sign in to follow this  
Schwarz_freak

ton-o-fun

7 posts in this topic

Yeah, I remeber seeing that on www.australianamusmentfanatics.com, doesnt look that great, I have seen better ones of these "Adventure Parks" I remeber my old town had this place called "Puzzle Park" It had a massive waterslide, big mat slides that virtually covered the length of the park, a human snakes and ladders board with actual slides and ladders,playgounds etc etc. Oh the fond memories.

Yeah this one's up north somewhere near the coast i think near Forster Tuncurry or something. My Ex's parents used to manage the park around 15 years ago, before taking over a kennelry in Middle Dural. Their words not mine - its gone wayyyy downhill since they owned it. I believe it has a toboggan style ride based in a waterslide piping, a few giant (dry) slides, and a couple of waterslides. Think Jamberoo, but without the invested capital, high exposure or professional management that they have.

Haha that's funny. The whole website makes it look very early 1970's. Interesting to see that the site apparantley hasn't been updated since 1998/99 as it is. Even the illustration of the martian looks 70's. The waterslides also look kinda dirty and mouldy. Those pictures were taken years ago so imagine how it looks now

Ton "O Fun..... Mmmmm. The name itself does not speak for the name. When I was up camping in Foster a few years back (about 3), we went there with a group of people. My opinion, not too bad for a country town park, but can do much better. I cant remember the name of the park, but there was one about 30mins north of Ton O Fun, which wasnt to bad either. It had some pretty good water slides. And a good Toboggan ride aswell... Hahaha. And the photo's look hectic 70's!! Even the kids have mullets! Screammachine