What parks do you like best

Bailz

What theme park do you like the best!  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What theme park do you like the best?

2. 2. What water park do you like best?

• White Water World
    • Wet n Wild Gold Coast

13 hours ago, JeffreyMoore said:

yay santa07 i thought i and push were the only ones on the gold coast who like and wont new dark rides

Jeffrey - there are many people on these boards who like, and want the parks to build new dark rides. Simple fact of the matter (which is getting like a broken record to explain) is that:

• to do it right, the parks need a pretty decent budget
  • for the most part - the general public want a coaster. nobody rushes to the park to see the new aboriginal exhibit, or the new tiger exhibit, or penguins, or the latest spin and spew.
  • For the cost of a good dark ride, the park could install an awesome coaster - and the coaster would generate far more revenue and attendance for them.

I'd love to see them build a good dark ride, but they would need to throw a heap of money at it to make it work properly, and then they'd need to KEEP throwing money at it to keep it in perfect condition so that it doesn't go the way of Bermuda and LTRR.

I'm a realist - and for our parks to keep people interested, they need big blockbusters you can see from the highway. Not a tin shed.

10 hours ago, pushbutton said:

No votes at all so far (as of the time I am writing this) for Sea World.

I personally would have voted Sea World as the best theme park in the Gold Coast a few years ago (when Bermuda Triangle was still open and it had the chairlifts and miniature railway).

I wonder how their visitor numbers now compare with those of back then.

Since Bermuda closed in 2010, we've seen liftoff on the VIP passes, and VRTP has essentially given away the gate. I'd suggest attendance is up, at least slightly, since 2010 simply based on affordability of the entrance ticket.

8 hours ago, joz said:

You do know that across the board the international market is utterly dwarfed by the local and interstate market right?  You also know that Sea World doesn't have a sit down restaurant anymore, something that is of great value to tour groups?  I mean just because you disagree with someone, doesn't mean you can say 'I'd guess attendance is up because a portion of the market don't care for those attractions'.  Utter nonsense, check Trip advisor to see if  the general public have noticed how far backwards the park has gone and think that removing rides is fine.

I don't know what attendance is doing, but I'd suggest it's probably flat or slightly up, which would be based almost entirely off cheap VIP passes flooding the market.

Well I actually can say that, because last time I checked I can post whatever my opinion is, just like everybody else. Or has that changed? 

I also didn't say Asian tourists were the largest market, I said they were an increasing market.

I know that families make up a large portion of SW's market, and the offerings for families have improved dramatically IMO with Nick land, and new/refreshed animal exhibits. 

If people on trip advisor are whinging about the removal of a chairlift and miniature train, they need to get out more.

We all miss Bermuda (in its glory days) but I think it's ludicrous to suggest the park has gone 'far' backwards in the past decade. 

I think Sea World has become a better park over the years.  I remember as a kid that I never really enjoyed Sea World.  Back in the day before you could wait 5 years between trips and it would be the same.  The main thing I would change would be the Jet Ski show.  SW have done a great job over the years keeping the rides alive considering the environment they are in.  You just have to compare The Thunderbolt to the Corkscrew.

Most rides have a used by date and I think SW do a great job extending this.  I compare it to car ownership.  You don’t own 1 car your whole life.  Once you start spending more money on a car then it is worth then it is time to buy a new one.  I don’t want SW wasting money on an old ride when the money could be spent on a new experience.  You have had your fun, you have your memoirs and your photos so it time to move onto a new experiences.

Most people won’t like what I’m saying here but I hope the kill the idea of returning the mine kart to DW.  Problem with childhood memories is they become cloudy over time.  For people who did get a ride it would remember that it was shit.  I rode it when it first opened and it was a way better ride before they bastard it.  It’s rough, it’s over in a min and nothing really happens.  I would much rather see DW put the money into a new ride.  For people who still want to experience it then may I suggest you get your buddies to push you around in a shopping trolley.  That would be way more fun

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Well I actually can say that, because last time I checked I can post whatever my opinion is, just like everybody else. Or has that changed? 

I also didn't say Asian tourists were the largest market, I said they were an increasing market.

I know that families make up a large portion of SW's market, and the offerings for families have improved dramatically IMO with Nick land, and new/refreshed animal exhibits.

^ Depends if you want to be right or not.  You can say the Earth is flat if you want, doesn't make your opinion right or valid though.  Most of the time what you write is pretty close to being on the money though, so I assume being right is something you normally try to do, hence why a little friendly banter here is fine.

The claim was that attendance was probably up due to the international market.  International numbers tend to be pretty flat, and make up such a small percentage that other local factors tend are much more of a determining factor on what overall attendance is doing.  It's particularly true when you're talking about the Asian market, which is the segment of the market that really don't have much need of family rides.  When you start talking about the biggest portion of the international market, Kiwis, all of a sudden you're back into family attractions are something that's of interest territory.

The final point I've quoted is subjective.  I obviously disagree, but if you think the park has a better offering for families now than it once did, then that's your opinion.  I've listed my reasons for why I disagree in other threads, and honestly no one wants to read that sort of debate.  Again though, going on TripAdvisor reviews, I'm not alone in thinking it.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:53 AM, skeetafly said:

Most people won’t like what I’m saying here but I hope the kill the idea of returning the mine kart to DW.  Problem with childhood memories is they become cloudy over time.  For people who did get a ride it would remember that it was shit.  I rode it when it first opened and it was a way better ride before they bastard it.  It’s rough, it’s over in a min and nothing really happens.  I would much rather see DW put the money into a new ride. 

I for one loved EurekaMine Ride.  The first time through was a real thrill.  After that it was blasé but still a good ride.  Popularity was high and the queue line was often far too long.  Is there any way of speeding up?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:41 PM, joz said:

Seeing DW regularly over the years it is very obvious that East Asian tourists are the money spinners.  DW must have a good, aggressive campaign to woo them.  Without them, I am sure DW would go broke.  After all, tacking on a morning at DW is nothing compared with the trip to Australia/Gold Coast.  The sad thing is that souvenirs appear to be almost exclusively made in China.  I can imagine a Chinese tourist picking up a koala souvenir and exclaiming - Look, this is what cousin Jimmy makes at his factory.