Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

Part 3 has just been posted on their Facebook but still seems to be private on YouTube. I'll link the YT video when it's up (If it is posted on YT, of course). Today's video has had the least amount of information in it out of all three so far, looks like they are really trying to ration it out now. https://www.facebook.com/AdventureWorldOfficialPage/

EDIT: AW posted some more behind the scenes photos on Instagram.

IMG_2953.PNG

IMG_2954.PNG

IMG_2955.PNG

IMG_2956.PNG

Edited by ABYSS
I'm adding things. :)

So Part 4 came out today of Goliath's Story. I thought I would put it all together and see if we can make any sense of it. With the opening this Saturday of the new season I think we will see this continue until then.

In the Darkness of Night,

A world of silence,

An answer is needed,

Celestial Guidance,

A legend from long ago,

Tells of an object hidden in time,

A Myth, A folktale,

A story told at bedtime.

Of six points in the night sky,

Marking a Colossal Beast,

Waiting and Watching,

Ready to be unleashed,

The key to unlock this force,

From where it is bound,

Is a Rhythm,

A noise of such magnitude,

An epic sound.

Edited by Tim Dasco
  • Like 1

I personally do think the theming is great and I am glad AW is working with Intamin and I am hoping they will work together agian. Anyway here is the video and I can't wait to try it this weekend. Below is the link to the TT video.

https://thewest.com.au/news/today-tonight/adventure-world-introduces-new-thrill-ride-bc-5581841794001

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I personally do think the theming is great and I am glad AW is working with Intamin and I am hoping they will work together agian. Anyway here is the video and I can't wait to try it this weekend. Below is the link to the TT video.

https://thewest.com.au/news/today-tonight/adventure-world-introduces-new-thrill-ride-bc-5581841794001

I am glad they are investing in theming, i like theming especially when its done well.

Though for some reason this lot (and the slow reveal/story) just seems tacky to me.

I was looking forward to taking the kids this weekend, this weather can f*&k right off !! 

13 minutes ago, grrofunger said:

I am glad they are investing in theming, i like theming especially when its done well.

Though for some reason this lot (and the slow reveal/story) just seems tacky to me.

I was looking forward to taking the kids this weekend, this weather can f*&k right off !! 

The weather is not gonna be nice for the launch. Hopefully it clears as I want to try this Beast this weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jackattack0901 said:

Hey guys, I went to adventure world today for the physics day and got a few photos of Goliaths themeing, enjoy.

ps. I've been keeping up with this thread for ages but this is my first ever post :D.

Thank you so much! Welcome to posting! Did you get to experience Goliath today, if so, how was it? :)

9 minutes ago, ABYSS said:

Thank you so much! Welcome to posting! Did you get to experience Goliath today, if so, how was it? :)

Yes I did, and it was amazing! Never Been on anything like it. It smashes thru ques and the sensation flying through the air with the lab bar not getting in your way was amazing. Going on it in the rain is a seperate experience altogether

7 minutes ago, iwerks said:

That theming looks excellent - that overcast weather really suits it too.

100% agree, the theming is magnificent! The shade cloths for queuing have weird symbols on it, and the operating bit has like animal skins and stuff on it! 

Edited by Jackattack0901
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, iwerks said:

Yeah, having lunch now having ridden Goliath. Also got to chat with Andrew Sharry and Ross. The ride and theming looks fantastic. The hang time was just incredible and it's a long way when you look down. The harness is excellent, giving you lots of freedom.

The park is empty and the weather has cleared. And Inferno is running - 4 shots, 1 drop.

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1197.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

LOOKS AMAZING!! Could do with coming down right now but think I’ll wait till Wednesday so I can experience first session at the park for the season with some mates. :)