Bush Beast Train.

Bussy

Hows that 'interim heritage order' going Zordy?   I hate to double post but seeing as it has been over a month since the last post I'm sure no one will care. "The Bus is now leaving for New Norcia Heritage Trail, Western Australia"
It's in the trustworthy :o hands of Blacktown City Council now. Due to it being less than 20 years old (only just) the Heritage Commission were not willing to consider it on a state wide significance basis, but have written to Blacktown Council strongly suggesting that it classify the Beast as a locally heritage significant item. That thang agin't gowun nohwhere. :) ZordMaker

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

From what have heard Bush Beast will be demolished in the coming weeks. Looks like your plan failed Zordy. Just out of interest what did you expect them to do with it? Keep it standing but not operating? Because after 8 months of neglect it would be in no state to operate and fixing it would require replacing large portions of the ride. "The Bus is now leaving for Mount Rideout, Queensland"

yeah well said alex... it would appear that a lot of people on this website do nothing other then complain about the rides, parks and other peoples comments in the forums. Dont get me wrong criticism has its place, but only when its actually called for! I joined this site early this year and can honestly think of 2 or 3 other members that have never placed a positive comment (not mentioning any names) Guys get a life...Surely you have better things to be doing other then constantly bagging out other members who dont hold the same ideals as you. Everyone is a little different, if they wernt the world would be very boring. As my mum used to say, "if you dont have anyting nice to say then dont say anything"...Sound advice mum!!

• 2 years later...
I drove past Wonderland today and to my surprise saw the yellow train sitting at the top of the lift. I have heard some rumours from people still at the park that there is something going on but I can't say anymore at this time but all I will say is that Zordy may still have his fantasy come true. "The Bus is now leaving for High Lift Branch, Victoria"
The reason why the yellow train was sitting at the top of the lift was because of an electrical fire in the PLC Room located underneath the station. Maintenance were carrying out their daily checks (yes, maintenance were required to run the rides as though the park was still in operation for functionality purposes), and it would seem that the 'old girl' wasn't going to go down without a fight. A fire broke out and the motors dropped power with the train staying where it was seen for around 2 - 3 days. In the days succeeding, the electricians tried to re-wire all of the burnt cabling in the PLC Boards and the DB's but due to the extensive damage, they were unable to bring the system back into full operation to continue on with the maintenance checks. A jump connection was made to get the lift motor working (which did work) and the yellow train was sent over the hill and around the grand old structure for the very last time. So for all the trainspotters out there (no pun intended), the last time the train ever ran was Friday 18th June 2004 and although the ride was in 2 train operation, it was the yellow train to ever make that final journey. Hope this clears the picture. ;)