Sign in to follow this  
Whombex

The Imagineering Story

7 posts in this topic

Anyone else watched/watching The Imagineering Story on Disney+ ? 

The Imagineering Story titlecard.jpg

I'm 1/2 way through it. I admittedly had not known much about the creative and general history of the Disney Parks going in to this, and it's been an astounding show.

So much Theme Park technology that we take for granted, even in the local parks, was created by the people at WED, MAPO and Walt Disney Imagineering.

Yeah it was discussed a couple of weeks ago in another thread (probably the old Off Topic thread). 
I found it to be fantastic viewing, loved every minute and have actually watched a lot of the eps twice now as my son loves it so keeps watching it again as kids do 

It is a succinct and nicely put together series. Disney has allowed some of the gloss to be wiped away so we can see the rawness underneath (some, not all, because it’s Disney, of course!).

Disney fans will know some-to-most of the content, but there should be a few tidbits and Easter eggs for even the most die hard fan in each episode (and some of the imagery is rather special too)

Leslie Iwerks has done a great job with this, and if you like the imagineering story, when you’re finished go to “extras” on Disney+ and check out a few others like The Pixar Story (also a Leslie Iwerks doco), Frank and Ollie, Waking Sleeping Beauty, to name a few.

• Like 1

The Spider-Man animatronic looks unbelievable.

In Imagineering Story, there's more recent testing than in the above video.

Some of the acrobatics/poses are very Spider-Man like. How this will be used in the Avengers Campus/Stark Expo areas I don't know, but can't wait to find out.

• Like 1

I thought it was a great series and really gave a good insight into their thought process and why certain decisions/directions were made. Having been to Disneyland Paris, it was great to see how that park developed and their high level of attention to detail 

• Like 1

Finally watched all 6 eps and it's just so great to see - it's the kind of thing every single person in theme park management has to see. Maybe not necessarily to try and be the next knock-off Walt Disney but rather to get a crash course in how quality, park-plussing and authenticity really matters to folks, no matter how subtle it is.

• Like 4