All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. T-bone

The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

We were never going to get what was originally promised. The way each concept has changed so rapidly, and everything has been rather vague, you are in denial if you think Covid has had made them change the plans for what we see today. Sure future additions may be adjusted, but what we get for Vortex is what was originally intended. Smoke and mirrors people.
  3. Today
  4. Brad2912

Pretty sure when they were planning the area 12+ months ago they were not factoring in months of zero revenues and operating at a loss for half a year.. we’ll never know if had covid-19 not hit we would have had exactly as originally planned (unlikely) but it’s fair to say some of the additional elements that would have added to the immersion have no doubt has to be cut, and that’s understandable.
  5. Zanstabar

I wonder if they ever intended to have “New Atlantis” be an immersive land or whether it was just the buzzword of the day when they were writing the press release. To say I’m getting more and more pessimistic about these additions is an understatement. The wasted potential is probably the worst part of this. They could have done something unique in the Australian industry but seem to have settled upon the most generic addition possible. If money/time/resources were always going to have such an impact, I would’ve much preferred an area that worked well within their limitations... I’d prefer simple done to a high standard over the ambitious done badly
  6. colonelbmx

COVID-19 & Theme Park Closures

The idea is probably tell the government we need 7000 and then maybe they’ll give us 3000
  7. T-bone

Still a bit of work to go before the area looks like its inspiration. 10 points for trying though.
  8. themagician

What looks disappointing is the queue area. The shade structure doesn’t look like anything special, when I feel like they could have done some interesting for work to create to columns and the roof to be something like what they did with Doomsday.
  9. Brad2912

Ahh but you see... perspective is what’s it’s all about. that guy crossed the road in front of me after he clocked off...
  10. iwerks

It looks pretty big. (Credit:Bikash)
  11. I don't think any attempt is being made to make it immersive. It's some rides with decorations. You can't do an immersive themed land in the location they're trying to do it, because most of the view is of the back of the Island with the ugly ass shed and the main entrance. Trying to do immersive there won't work, and I don't think they're even trying from what I've seen. I mean the fence around the Ski Lake looks like it came from a really nice busstop at Westfield, but there's nothing 'Atlantis' about it. It's one of the reasons I advocated for a Pier theme years ago, because no matter what you do there it'll be generic, so make the theme generic so it fits and works in the area. If you wanted to do Atlantis as an immersive themed land, Corkacrew's footprint taking over Jet Rescue and the Pirate Ship area would be a better spot for it since you can control the sight lines and pack some proper detail in. It's not the theme I'd go with (I'd make it a 1700's docks theme with rides themed off myths, exploring and adventures), but Atlantis would totally work there. With the New Atlantis it looks like they're going for pleasantly decorated with a loose theme, not immersive themed land.
  12. Jpw25111

I'm sure that's straight from RCT3 .
  13. AheadMatthewawsome

Hot Wheels Sidewinder Refurbishment

What about Big Dipper? Crazy neighbors screaming in their noses into a copy of the ride! Going, "THE NOISE" "PLEASE MR BLOOD, HELP US" "THE BIG DIPPER, AND THE MONORAIL ARE THE MOST OFFENSIVE STRUCTURE, TO EYESAW OUR CITY, SINCE THE CAHILL EXPRESSWAY COASTED OF SYDNEY HARBOR" "MY EYES ARE BOILING" "MR DUCK, TEAR DOWN THIS PARK" "I FEEL I AM NOT ALONE" "DEMOLISH THE SPRITES OR WHATEVER THE NAME IS"! No roller coaster like The Big Dipper has existed in Sydney, or in NSW since!
  14. themagician

The statue looks awesome, as they always do. I just hope they fill the area with varying plants to make it immersive and feel like your in another world
  15. Brad2912

He wouldn’t be the first guy to make something appear bigger than it really is...
  16. Naazon

Depending on the size of that, it looks really cool, but I think perspective is at play here and looks a bit bigger than I hope it is.
  17. AlexB

Take a good look.... by all accounts that's probably the biggest Trident we're going to 'sea' here...
  18. Mc coaster

Wow this is giving me a lot of hope of what else is to come.
  19. Brad2912

Well we have theming! Also guessing he meant “Atlantis”
  20. AlexB

New Roller-Coaster for Dreamworld

the 'mid course brake run' doesn't have to be removed, if it's never installed in the first place.... Heck, if you check the blue fire model group in RCDB (https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=12376) You'll see that most of the models shown only have 2 trains. Only the megacoaster has more than 3.
  21. AlexB

a week or so ago there was a picture posted that showed some sort of device fixed to the monorail track near the site. I feel like that may very well be a timelapse camera of some description - I hope so. Unlike rivals, which was very spread out, this as a site will be quite close and therefore easily captured for things like that - especially with the vantage points they have overlooking the site including monorail, storm, castle, etc.
  22. Prequel

When construction of the new coaster starts, i think some sort of time-lapse might be cool to watch.
  23. Shrek 4-d required a renovation as a minimum because the entire pre-show animatronic elements were installed, as was the finale animatronic in the speaker near the exit on conclusion of the film (i think it was a tinkerbell style fairy stuck in the speaker) - so it stands to reason that a "renovation" occurred by that logic alone. whether the seats, carpet, or anything else was changed, i couldn't tell you, but the pre and post show elements are proof enough. As for WWF - the 'Rio Bravo' mountain theme is nowhere to be found in the storyline of the Wild West film. The 'old miner' "git out" scenes are likewise unrelated to the film. The pre-show (I never saw it) was reportedly film related but still otherwise unrelated to the ride, and likewise the ghost town, with the indian village, and 'ghost' action scenes have nothing to do with the film either. Where you will find Rio Bravo is in Parque Warner Madrid - The Rio Bravo flume ride, which while it does have it's differences, shares pretty much the same overall layout (with the same scenes in the same order - reverse track turnaround, rail bridge, indian village, ghost town, back into the mountain) - http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/parque-warner-madrid/photos (I'm pretty sure the town is even the same - "dodge city" with the same population gag) It's clearly an identical ride in almost every way possible, except Madrid kept the originally intended name, given the film flopped and Madrid opened 3 years after it was released.... Although some theme elements have minor differences (no 'old faithful'... although these days MW's version doesn't have it either...) it is still very much the same ride. I'm sure much of Wild West has been discussed here, but you'll probably find it's more LORE than LAW. Much of the info shared would come from former staff of the park, who were present at the time. It's highly unlikely it would be documented anywhere accessible to the public, and the park isn't likely to confirm it.
  24. Flynn_Smith

Eagle-eyed viewers will also notice there is only one storage bay in the render of the coaster. Obviously it's just tentative, but could also indicate there will only be 2 trains.
  25. Jdude95

If you don't have to run 3 trains, a MCBR isn't needed
  26. Not a problem, I did say I appreciate it. 😋 Must say though, I'm surprised my initial enquiry about vintage MW news/stories hasn't turned up anything yet. Wouldn't this be something veteran members would hold onto? All of the information in our ride/park database entries would have had to come from somewhere, right? ie how is it known that the Roxy was renovated for Shrek 4-D or that WWF was originally going to be a loose film tie-in?
  1. Load more activity