Sign in to follow this  
scott

Big Dipper Photos

22 posts in this topic

I have a single photo of the Big Dipper taken from atop the Ferris Wheel, it was taken on its last days before being dismantled and taken away to Dreamworld. Of course its still in one piece. But there is a problem, I dont have a scanner, so when I get one, Scoot, I'll send it right over to you.

i have heaps of photos of all of luna park beack in the 1970's, but unforunately its my aunties, so maybe when i go there which is never ill get them, lol, but they are made, it has the big dipper (wooden) ghost train, river caves, coney island, wild mouse and all the old favourites.

You can see how much better the ride looked at Luna Park than it does now at Dreamworld. And take it from someone who has been on the ride, the actual ride experience was much better at Luna Park too. It fitted in perfectly with the layout and provided amazing views. The best part was probably the sidewinder which weaved right out the back behind Coney Island (now 'Maloney's Corner'). It even looks taller at Luna Park. Does anyone know if Dreamworld reduced its height?

yeh i rekon the ride was the best at Luna Park, It's really high off the ground, the theming was better and the way you go up the lift hill was mad, becasue you get the view of the harbour bridge right at the top, Yeah i have to agree the sidewinder was the best becasue it had trees and scenery around the ride, The ride wasn't reduced at Dreamworld, becasue when it was fit in at Lujna Park the land wasn't flat so it fit in perfectly, but becasue the land is flat at Dremworld the first drop doesn't reach the ground neither does the banked hills, which don't make anywhere near the ground, it could be more exciting if it had larger drops, but at Luna Park the hills went on top of a fake Mountains and threw the queue line tunnel at the top of the big dipper building which still remains. But it had and always will be the best coaster at Luna Park and the now one of the only standing roller coasters in Australia that doesn'y have a remake of the ride.

My favourite part, At Luna Park, had to be the first mini drop, before the big drop which gave you awesome harbour views. Also the loop was good, cause it was crammed in there, in a corner kinda alley.

Thanks,Nebuchanezzer.I really wished it was at Luna Park when I went not long ago.Does anybody know how Luna Park handled the ride?As in how was their efficiency?Of course I should be able to take a pretty good guess by looking at their other rides to. I can just imagine standing in line for a ride and hearing the roar of Big Dipper(A.K.A Cyclone)and thinking " I am definently going on that ride next.It's a pitty those stupid residents had to complain.

Who pays $4 million for an apartment on the Harbour and doesn't complain? Hell, they even complain about the fireworks on NYE because it scares their little cutie-wootie poodles. "The Bus is now leaving for Million Range, NSW"

Yeah I agree - leave their poodles out of this. I saw a couple of those cutie-wootie poodles running around near Luna Park when I was there a while ago, and trust me, some of them are surprisingly large... you wouldn't want to make them angry

How can you defend poodles? All they are, are rats or greyhounds, depending on their size that have had a perm and a pedicure. How can you call an animal with a Fro and a pedicure a dog? "The Bus is now leaving for Frocester, NSW"