Gumbuya World 2 coasters under construction

DaptoFunlandGuy

57 minutes ago, Mark Sarandakis said:

How long until the other Victorian parks follow and step up their game? competition will not be easy once these additions open. 

I have no idea, but I definitely know that this will be the premier park for Victoria now, especially considering it has the coasters, waterslides and wildlife like dreamworld does in QLD, This place has gone from the bottoms of my priorities to the top, and quite possibly will be the only park I try to get to this summer went I go down to Melbourne from NT. 

• Like 5

On 7/10/2022 at 9:40 AM, Natti_amusements said:

I have no idea, but I definitely know that this will be the premier park for Victoria now, especially considering it has the coasters, waterslides and wildlife like dreamworld does in QLD, This place has gone from the bottoms of my priorities to the top, and quite possibly will be the only park I try to get to this summer went I go down to Melbourne from NT. 

It’s by far the best park in Victoria now and I would honestly even go as far to say that with these new additions (and given the rate of expansion the park has seen), Gumbuya could even become one of the biggest/best parks in the country (at least outside of the GC). I think with a couple more additions, the park could be on par with Sydney’s Wonderland and may even surpass it, provided they continue to invest the way they have so far. 

I’m so glad Gumbya have stepped up their game, as it’s great for the industry as a whole. I’m personally looking forward to seeing how the other parks respond, as they’ll certainly have to if they want to keep guests coming back. 

I regards to your trip, I would say Funfields is still definitely worth checking out IMHO, as it’s a very nice and enjoyable park with decent attractions and theming (it currently still has the superior water rides, even though Gumbya may be a better overall “package”). 

11 hours ago, Noll_57 said:

I regards to your trip, I would say Funfields is still definitely worth checking out IMHO, as it’s a very nice and enjoyable park with decent attractions and theming (it currently still has the superior water rides, even though Gumbya may be a better overall “package”). 

It’s funny you say that, as Funfields was my home park up until 2 years ago and I do agree it’s a very nice park, with their theming definitely having been updated nicely in the last few years with their re-themed kid zone. I’ll be sure to get there if I have time, especially considering it’s slide collection is superior like you have said.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally cannot wait for these two rides to open at Gumbuya World, especially Project Zero. It is taller, faster and has a higher G Force level than every ride except for DC Rivals (even Project Zero beats Superman Escape) and the G Force level is the only coaster to reach 5.0 G, higher than DC Rivals with 4.3 G. Great addition to the park and I can see them (especially Project Zero) become the DC Rivals/Superman and Steel Taipan/Giant Drop/Tower of Terror of Gumbuya World.

I am planning to go in summer as it is easily the best Victorian theme park now. Gumbuya have certainly come a long way from Gumbuya Park, with only 10 years ago having no water slides, no rollercoasters, no lazy river and look at it now with 3 rollercoasters (compared to just one at Luna Park/Adventure Park and none at Funfields), 8 waterslides (two big ones, four racing ones and two regular ones) and a lazy river. Both the coasters will 100% be better than Scenic Railway and Crazy Coaster from Luna Park Melbourne and Adventure Park respectively. 

On 23/09/2022 at 11:09 AM, Rivals said:

My only criticism with these rides is the themes, the rides are next to eachother, but have completely opposite themes that also don’t match the area of the park they are in (unless a new area is opening alongside the new rides)

I have emailed Gumbuya World and can confirm the two new coasters will be in the "Oz Adventure" section of the park. No new worlds.

2 hours ago, Rivals said:

The park has finally started teasing the rides even though ones complete and the others ones a couple track pieces from being Looks like they must be getting Arkham by the look of that concept art🤣

Looks like the new TNT to me. I highly doubt Gumbuya would get a coaster that has been closed for three years.

10 hours ago, Rivals said:

The park has finally started teasing the rides even though ones complete and the others ones a couple track pieces from being complete. Looks like they must be getting Arkham by the look of that concept art🤣2FE56E74-194F-4EF4-A927-D3EF173A3364.thumb.png.805015f43da0c643079a50b9fc861588.png

If they manage to re-construct Arkham from cut up blowtorched bits, give Gumbuya World management and the construction company they contracted a medal lmao.

28 minutes ago, Rivals said:

Both rides have now been officially announced on instagram with a series of post, which make up a bigger photo showcasing the slogan #prepare4thescare. 

C07B9809-04B4-46F4-844A-5D25F5A7C9F7.thumb.jpeg.222f92e6fa1f6ff240c678a9071f1e02.jpegE346FDC8-DEAC-4692-9E61-73DB13E018E4.thumb.jpeg.610333cc5fbca11c6c7d592743de351f.jpeg

"Victoria's SCARIEST roller coasters ever!"

Not very much roller coasters in Victoria, so basically no competition...

2 hours ago, TBoy said:

"Victoria's SCARIEST roller coasters ever!"

Not very much roller coasters in Victoria, so basically no competition...

Just like Village's spiel for Batman Legacy:

"Largest official Warner Bros. Batman exhibition in the Southern Hemisphere!"

image.thumb.png.a5ade8c0550ead2124b54b6be4a5abde.png

Thrillseekers will soon speed along at more than 100km an hour and face the kind of G-forces F1 racers endure as Victoria’s biggest theme park gets even bigger.

A pair of new roller-coasters will push Gumbuya World into the territory of Dreamworld and Movie World on the Gold Coast, with one of the fastest rides in the nation.

And after last month splashing $2.6m on a 44.5ha rose farm next door to the attraction southeast of Melbourne, the operators’ total landholdings have reached an enormous 287ha — believed to be the biggest landmass owned by a theme park in the nation.

The Australian Amusement Leisure and Recreation Association (AALARA) this week confirmed the Gold Coast’s biggest attraction, Dreamworld, only covers about 54ha, less than a fifth of the 287ha Gumbuya World now owns in Tynong North.

They also confirmed the faster of the two new roller-coasters would be among the speediest roller-coasters in the nation at 105km/h — though still outpaced by Movie World’s 115km/h DC Hypercoaster.

Gumbuya World chief executive Ron Weinzierl said the new coasters, worth a combined $40m, were just weeks away from opening.

image.thumb.png.10de7034b1ca481f4f3c2dd08dc0e13b.png

Mr Weinzierl said the new rides would bring their total to 13, in addition to a zoo and other nature experiences that were part of a broader plan to lure tourists to Victoria that would ramp up as the 2032 Brisbane Olympics approach.

They include a 46m-high Project Zero, which will have riders pulling up to 5gs, and a more family-friendly attraction named TNT that will hit speeds up to 67km an hour along its 453m length.

“These coasters makes us the leader in the theme park industry here in Victoria,” Mr Weinzierl said.

“And on land size we are the biggest theme park in Victoria, if not Australia.

“We are now competing up against those leading theme parks on the Gold Coast.”

LJ Hooker Pakenham’s Sam Paynter brokered the latest acquisition and said Gumbuya was also now competing with the biggest dairy farms in the region, and that any expansion to the theme park was a “massive boost for the area”.

“They’d be up there as one of the biggest landholders in the area, without a shadow of a doubt,” he said.

image.thumb.png.5042b35cd2ae2d97744d7f6660dd97f6.png

image.thumb.png.adce71c510dab0bd9421e0a68553d9d5.png

Mr Weinzierl said the eco-friendly theme park, which is involved in a number of conservation projects including efforts to re-establish the critically endangered mountain pygmy possum, was considering renewing some of the latest acquisition to suit native wildlife once the rose farm currently operating at it reaches the end of its lease in seven years.

“It’s an opportunity to make sure that nature and the fauna on the site stays the way it should,” he said.

“We now have 660 acres (287ha) to be developed alongside the community in as far as what we do and what we put here.”

Gumbuya World’s wildlife attractions are expected to get a lift in the near future, having recently added a tree kangaroo from Taronga Zoo, they’re now investigating bringing in meerkats and monkeys.

The park had its busiest ever February earlier this year, but new rides are expected to bring in the biggest crowds yet with up to 5000 people on peak days over summer and total visitors as high as 500,000 a year.

“I figure it will be our hottest summer yet,” Mr Weinzierl said.

Gumbuya World replaced Gumbuya Park in 2018 and with the completion of its new roller-coasters will conclude the third stage of a five-phase masterplan to overhaul it.

Phase four is expected to deliver accommodation, most likely eco-friendly spaces.

“The goal is that people will come down, spend a day at Gumbuya and then the next day go to a winery or Phillip Island,” he said.

Mr Weinzierl added the attraction was already expecting a “bonanza” when Brisbane hosts the Olympics, and Gumbuya World would be among the attractions working to lure international crowds to Victoria.

An AALARA spokesperson said the 2032 Olympics in Brisbane presented “amazing opportunities” for the wider theme park industry and that they were working with the federal government towards a “bright and exciting journey” to the international event.

Riders will be suspended from above in one of the newest roller-coasters headed to Gumbuya World this summer.

• Like 3

I just can’t believe how far Gumbuya has came in 10 years.

Back in 2012, it was still the little park Gumbuya Park where people went on paddle boats and also jumped on the Toboggan. No big rollercoasters that have 100 km/h, no massive waterslides and it was just a cheap little park. And look 10 years to 2022 and look at what happened to the little Gumbuya Park near Pakenham now.

3 rollercoasters including one of the fastest, tallest and that has the most G Force out of a rollercoaster in this country, one that is a thrill ride for kids and bigger than the current kids coasters like Escape From Madagascar and Road Runner Rollercoaster, and one for young children. Not to mention 8 waterslides, 4 racing, two tubes and two big ones as well as a lazy river, wave pool and a tree swing. And now that they have got 5 times the land than Dreamworld they can make coasters that match with the ones at MW.

Seeing that they will most likely have a hotel like Sea World/Movie World in the fourth phase, it makes it Victoria’s best theme park by a big mile, as well as one of Vic’s best zoos and one of Australia’s best theme parks. If people were deciding on FF/LPM/GW/AP I would get them to choose Gumbuya World. In the next few years I can see them becoming one of Australia’s biggest parks.

• Like 4

Wow, I was not expecting that level of theming! If the finished product looks anything like the concept art, these new additions might end up being some of the most highly themed attractions we’ve seen in Aus in a while! I fully agree that this could easily become one of the country’s best parks. 

11 hours ago, TBoy said:

I just can’t believe how far Gumbuya has came in 10 years.

Try 5 years. Which makes your point even more extraordinary.

Gumbuya Park 'closed' its doors around Easter of 2017. They did a mass amount of work in the next 8 months and then reopened as Gumbuya World in the early December. I remember driving past weekly (I live in Warragul) and would always see something new going up.

On 07/10/2022 at 9:38 AM, Mark Sarandakis said:

How long until the other Victorian parks follow and step up their game? competition will not be easy once these additions open. 

Unfortunately they won't be able to imho

The very deep pockets that bought Gumbuya Park in 2016 knew Gumbuya Park had 2 big things going for it... A Zoo license and most importantly it was situated on the M1. Quite simply its easy to get to. Funfields is difficult to get to unless you live in the outer northern suburbs, Luna Park is locked with city roads and Adventure Park? Well it's on the other side of Sleepy Hollow.

Gumbuya was always going to win out based on location and financial backing.

• rappa locked this topic