DWs New Coaster Bets

Gazza

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they want to do an Aussie themed water park? After all we are in AUSTRALIA. The only reason US parks have done it is because they love the Crocodile Hunter. I think the artic theme would work because of the hot climate in this country. Now that I think about it maybe the artic theme would work better at Seaworld because of the Polar Bears. "The Bus is now leaving for Cold And Wet, South Australia"

How about Movie World, Sea World, Wet 'n' Wild and Dreamworld all join together and make on big superpark? Pretty surprising that no-one has suggested that yet. But let's think for a second, yes that's right, stop playing RCT3 for a few moments and read on. How hard would it be to convince a board of directors into building a whole new waterpark where the current "very decent" waterpark can be upgraded with more slides and a bigger pool? Which option do you reckon would be cheaper and more cost-effective? And although Dreamworld have the money to just do what ever they want (provided little bandits don't take it first, a little Rove Live tribute there) why waste money on a whole new waterpark when you already have a little one ready for some serious expansion. I'm thinking, big pool, connecting several waterslides in amoung three or so volcanic mountains. Really nice tropical shrubbery, and maybe some smoke machines running through the volcanoes to give that eery, but very cool effect.

The reson they might try a new park is so they have a clean slate to work with, also, I dont think BLs area would be big enough to build a park to go well against say WnW. If it is completley new then it would look more novel from the public perspective. The land in that area could then be used for dry park purpouses. Would a waterpark built by DW have to be built on DWs land anyway? It could be down the road for example and be seperate, and named something like "Dreamworlds Water City" Then DW could then have their own product to compete with the 3 park super pass, prehaps offering one day at DWs waterpark and 2 days at DW.

I prefer the idea of an Aussie/beach theme. Dreamworld is located in one of Australia's most popular holiday/tourism destinations so I think it's a good idea for them to cash in on this. As I said before, an extension to the Ocean Parade theme would work well (if they end up using the old TB site). You could even theme it around Surfers Paradise and Main Beach... but with things gone wrong like tidal waves, shark attacks etc.

Paul I didn't say it was themed to the Crocodile Hunter, I said it was because of Americans love affair with him. I don't think it was themed to either one, yes Paul Hogan opened the first one but you have to remember that the main Dundee phenomenon was in the 80's when the first two movies were released. "The Bus is now leaving for Crocodile Pools, Western Australia"

No, I think you misunderstood me, People were saying that they should continue the Ocean Parade theme on to whatever attractions are being built on the TB site, I was just saying that the Ocean Parade themed area was big enough as it is and that new rides shouldn't have an ocean theme as it means a large percentage of the ride part of the parks theme would be ocean, and thats too much, you need variety in the types of themed areas.

Transilvanian. Transilvanian. Something Dreamworld hasn't got yet is a Halloween Theme, or Transilvanian Theme.
That would be brilliant! Although the Halloween theme is horribly american, a spooky/transilvanian theme would be great. A totally different type of coaster would be so beneficial to dreamworld, such as a stand up coaster. Imagine if they opened it up at night, with neon lights and such.. (I've been playing too much RCT3) :D

Damn it, the site isn't working properly so this time i'm going to make this post quick. Yes, the themeing for the sci-fi and spooky parts of rct3 is very kewl. Perhaps they should have an aliean landing on a beach in Ocean Parade? And the alieans could have a pool with sharks with friekin laser beams attached to their heads perhaps? (muahahahahahaha). But yeah, those neon lamps in rct3 are way cool.

Do u really want dreamworld to put a new water park on the TB site, lets just think about it...1-they have one already, how about they just use that area and either fix it up or tare down and build a new one. 2- the TB site is not much different in size than the current blue lagoon location anyhow,plus the blue lagoon has a nice hillarea that they are usingto there advantage anyhow so it looks good with the pools down below. And finnaly you smack in a water park there, and there goes ur perfect spot just to pop in ur next coaster, seeing as its alredy level land etc its ready to go. we have wet and wild for a water park, dreamworlds is ok as it is.