Jamberoo - Australia's theme park success story?

Ranger

It's weird to think that in 2006, Jamberoo Action Park was little more than a family owned water park on the NSW south coast. Fast forward nearly 15 years and Jamberoo is adding three new slides in one of the largest expansions of an Australian water park ever. The rate of expansion is unbelievable. Taipan in 2007, FW in 2012, PS in 2016 and VF in 2022 (I bet it would've opened earlier if not for COVID). Velocity Falls is basically three slides in one, too. Compare that to Raging Waters which has only opened one slide since its 2013 opening. This is still a family owned park but is getting investment other chain water parks would only dream of. And they're not stopping, with a masterplan still getting completed. So, what do you think? Why is this park able to expand and expand?

14 minutes ago, New display name said:

Everything is a theme park......................................... 

Except adventure world perth....

Seriously though - this has been debated endlessly. Jamberoo themselves call it an 'Action park' and the wiki description is a water theme park. Honestly the park themes things better than other stuff we've got in Aus - but I think "Action Park" is still an apt description.

Yeah. I think people voting perhaps didn't realise how few "action" attractions Jamberoo has.

Maybe when it had Grass Skiing, Go Karts, Wet Races it could have been, but clearly now 90% of the offering is water park attractions.

I dunno why you would give Adventure World a separate category. Plenty of parks have slides and dry rides but you don't call them Action Parks.

I have always said Jamberoo would benefit greatly with more “Dry Attractions” 

having a section of the park sectioned off for Dry Rides, such as kids rides, a drop/launch tower, a few thrill flat rides and a rollercoaster would expand the park greatly, but also appeal to those audiences wanting a day out without being sopping wet all day. 
Having a section of just Dry Attractions could also mean Jamberoo’s opening season could be expanded, potentially opening all year round with only the water park portion closing for the winter seasons.  

I would be the first to put their hands up to run the dry side of the park all year round. 
just a dream, but a dream I hope one day will come true.