Sign in to follow this  
AlexB

Park Visit

59 posts in this topic

Thanks to a WONDERful person currently working at the park, I will be taking a guided tour of the park on Wednesday, December 1st, before the park admin personnel closes out in mid december. Unfortunately, no photography is permitted inside the park, so I cannot deliver any photos, however I will be posting after my visit (if possible), on how the park is preparing for the bulldozers. Theres a world i'd like to live in....

Take a camera phone with you (one that records videos). Pretend that you're on the phone but really you are taking a video of the park. Then get a USB cable and watch on your pc then post it in. Or if you don't have a camera fone, have my 7610 or my K700i. I suggest the K700i because it has continuos video recording.

He can just say that his mum will call him every 30mins. He can just set his alarm to go off every half an hour then pretend to answer it but really he turns tha alarm off and activates the camera!

That really shows how they DID maintain the park. Only a couple of months after the closing, and they have weeds growing through pavment. How did you get access to the park after closure? Plus, how did they let you take pictures? Or do they let you take pictures, but for personal use?

I made an appointment in response to the advertisement in the Trading Post. There has been an ad running for a while now selling everything. You had to submit a price and they come back to you letting you know if your offer was successful. I purchase some memorabilia and advised them that I intended to take photos to show my wife what I had purchased. I had not been to the park since 1997 and was surprised at how it had become neglected. As I said in a previous post, all the water had been removed from the SRR, the ponds and lake around Bounty's. Many people were on site removing items that they had purchased such as pavers, fencing and building materials. I was more suprised to see rides such as Tassie Devil dismantled and sitting out in the weather to deteriorate.

Paul, In response to your question concerning access from the front carpark, I have a friend who works next door at the M7 (freeway) and he tells me the gate to the carpark remains open.