Demon Removal

Bussy

The park plans to hold a special contest in February to help name the new ride.
I'm going to enter this competition and my entry is going to be "The Demon". I would paint the track black and the train red. I think I have a pretty good chance of winning considering it would require the least amount of work on the ride. It already has a nice logo on the front of the train. "The Bus is now leaving for Knights Hill Win 4 Tower, NSW"

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and they could also bury this really eerie tunnel underneath the ride's shadow, cover it with ivy and all this spooky stuff, bolt a huge metal grate across it like its supposed to hold something back, and put these two lights and a huge speaker inside it, so it emits this really loud terrifying growl, and the lights light up when the growl happens, and they look like blood-red eyes! and it'll make every 4th kid under the age of 6 wet their pants as they go by too!

Oh Oh and they could have an auto spieler that goes something like "Welcome to The Demon. The Demon is a high speed physical attraction with rapid acceleration and deceleration. Riders will be subject to extreme height and sudden changes in movement and direction. Riders must be 122cm to ride, free from back complaints and injury." I can't remember the rest but I’m sure Scream or Daniel would be able to fill in the gaps. I really did spend way to much time operating that ride. It's been 9 months since I did and I still have the auto spiel embedded in my brain. "The Bus is now leaving for Spieler Creek, South Australia"

I have never been near that ride and had an operator cue it off at the correct time. it should usually be run during the time it takes an operator to go down the length of the train, after closing the queue gates. I believe it was originally timed to be as long as 2 operators needed to secure the train and dispatch... generally meant to alleviate the boredom of riders and queue'ers in the time it took to secure and dispatch. at least thats how it came from one op i spoke to. but of course in usual wonderland fashion, it was never hit off at the right time, and rarely were there two ops on it, so the time naturally took a lot longer. Whatever happened to the little "golf putters" they used to use to lock and unlock the OTSR's? surely using your foot can't be considered "OHS" safe?

Or just change it to lift speaker and play it when it's on the lift... :P 'Welcome to the Demon. The Demon is a high-speed, physical attraction, involving rapid acceleration and deceleration. Riders will be subject to extreme heights, and sudden changes of movement and direction. Riders must be taller than 122 cm to ride, free from back complaints or injuries. Riders with broken bones or plaster casts cannot ride due to the attraction's motions. If you are an expectant mother or are at all in doubt, do not ride. Please keep your head and shoulders against the back rest and hang on to the grab bars at all times. Please secure all loose articles, before riding as Wonderland Sydney does not take any responsibility for items lost, stolen or damaged.' I wonder if that arse jockey Damo came and took the auto spiel when it closed??? So he can play it when 'she' is away. Or something... Give or take a word here and there. C'mon Bus, 9 months for you old son, double that for me you big shirtlifter...

Welcome to The Demon. The Demon is a high speed physical attraction with rapid acceleration and deceleration. Riders will be subject to extreme height and sudden changes in movement and direction. Riders must be 122cm to ride, free from back complaints and injury."
Wonderbus2003 i know the rest of the demon auto spieler: Wonderland Sydney does not take responsibility for items lost, stolen or damaged whilst on this ride

Hahaha. It's embedded in your brain and will never come out. They brainwashed us all. There were probably subliminal messages embedded in the Demon and Space Probe voices. Sunway is good. Sunway is good. Sunway is good. Sunway is good. "The Bus is now leaving for Sublime, NSW"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Information from cousin in a/v dept at visionland, he's been there for just over a year now, the two new sections are apparently 'test/siding tracks' whatever that means, just passing on what he told me. June 21st is their first day of summer, so that makes sense, but it's on a tuesday...? Ps: great site, have been a long time reader, first time poster this evening. RIP Wonderland.

oh yes i recognise this sort of information - its a friend of mine who works there... i dont believe this information to be extremely accurate as - 1)an A/V Cast member wouldnt be in on the operations side of things 2)where in hell are they going to put the extra track sections? the only place they could put it would be on top of the lift hills, or either side of the station. 3) how many other vekoma boomerangs are in the world that look identical to demon, and how many have "Extra track sections" ? 4) how many of those boomerangs with "Extra track sections" got the extra track AFTER the ride was almost 20 years old? im gunna need a bit more information from a reliable source before i swallow this info.

Dude the guy is just telling us what he knows/has been told...no need to come accross sounding so harsh. I also very much doubt this is true (would be very hard to accomodate such a thing with the design of the ride), however we can only wait and see. Welcome to the site!

Hi Alex, In light of your vitriolic reply, I called my cousin this morning left a message on his machine and asked him to spare no detail in regards to what he knew when he called me back. I'll keep you posted. Although I have no reason to lead you astray whatsoever, after reading the site a few months ago, I recalled how passionate you guy's were all about Wonderland and it's attractions, and when he mentioned it i just simply passed on what i'd been told. Thanks for the Welcome aboard clint. ps: to add to the list of folks that worked at Wonderland, I was sub-contracted there 3 times for 3 months each time as both a musician and also an audio consultant, it was the long-term casual staff that really made the place tick, i always had fun out there and will cherish the memories for ever, it really was a special place. After we finished work out there for the last time, we were offered 'discounted' 'wonderpasses' which i felt were worth triple their weight in gold at the time :-) Cheers, Phats.