Jamberoo Action Park - Boxing Day 2022

Gazza

I love Jamberoo. They put a lot of effort in to make it high quality and it shows.

My understanding from family living in the area the reason they use a lot of trees etc. is to somewhat obscure it from view so it doesn't impact the local view/aesthetic, which IMO as you rightly point out just makes the park look that much better. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DJKostya said:

I love Jamberoo. They put a lot of effort in to make it high quality and it shows.

My understanding from family living in the area the reason they use a lot of trees etc. is to somewhat obscure it from view so it doesn't impact the local view/aesthetic, which IMO as you rightly point out just makes the park look that much better. 

I think that's correct - I recall during one of their more recent attractions (last 10 years or so) there were some objections from residents to the slide colours proposed, and thats why they've used mostly grey panels.The boundary and surrounding trees are likewise to obscure the attractions from outside the park for the same reasons - to keep the residents happy.

13 hours ago, TBoy said:

Jamberoo looks to me like the best themed water-park in Australia. Most of our waterparks are just concrete with slides towers on top (cough cough Raging Waters Sydney and White Water World) so nice to see a well-themed one.

Idk I really love how WWW looks even if it’s not necessarily themed. I love how good coaster goes through it. Really adds some atmosphere and kinetic energy and makes everything feel like it’s intertwined unlike wet’n’wild which feels like a bunch of placed rides at least in the back of the park and WWW has some nice trees too and a better themed wave pool. Wet’n’wild green slides and constricter do look like though. But WWW is my personal favourite looking water park because the gold coaster interacts with the slides.

Edited by REGIE

On 19/01/2023 at 9:03 AM, jjuttp said:

I think when it was first opened someone did a TR and said it was.

Also, do they let you get a step or 2 run up on the octo racer, or do you need to start hovering over it?

The start tub design has two rebates for your feet so I think the intent is to not run up.

2020 Waldameer and Waterpark Expansion Updates | Coaster Talk No BS Zone