Removal of virtual queue at VRTP?

I get why they have done this, but a big problem with the Fast Pass only option is how expensive it is compared to Dreamworld. I have done the math and to do each ride available at Dreamworld once (16) is worth around $8.12 per ride, while at Movie World fast track for seven rides will cost around $25 for each ride.

Also the Five ride Ride Express pass for Dreamworld costs around $70 these holidays, while you have to pay $110 more for seven rides down the road.

But as I have said, it’s most likely because the investment company wants more money, and will do anything to get an extra cent.

14 hours ago, joz said:

It doesn't create any extra capacity and makes the queues longer, so what is the benefit?

Those that knew it existed/how it worked benefited greatly, and even those that were late to the party often still could find capacity later in the day. Considering I'm fairly confident VRTP will now simply put all that previous VQ capacity into Fast Track those that aren't willing to pay for Que Priority simply miss out during peak periods.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

The thing is, MWs fast tracks regularly sell out, while DWs doesn’t. MW could (almost) charge whatever they wanted (they shouldn’t) for Fast Track and they would likely sell out 

This, I feel their FT pricing is high as but I can't begrudge them charging $40 for a Rivals One Shot Fast Track during peak when it sells out. I just wish they would apply suitable off peak pricing to Backwards DCR like they do for FT so it doesn't run empty.

Edited by Park Addict 93
  • Like 1

Last time I was at the park the queue for backwards (at $25 a head) was 15 trains long. At the 5 min dispatch rates; the queue for this premium add on was around 75 minutes long. 

I’ve said this heaps of times here but until dispatch rates of coasters (especially rivals and superman) get twice as fast … guest experience at the park will always be suffering. 

Even if you do pay whatever they chose to charge for the day - the painfully slow operations will still suck… just less. 

God forbid if they ended up getting a RMC with the trains that actually need a two pass train clearance procedure🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Dean Barnett

9 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Last time I was at the park the queue for backwards (at $25 a head) was 15 trains long. At the 5 min dispatch rates; the queue for this premium add on was around 75 minutes long. 

Yeah I have witnessed this during school holidays.

I was speaking of offpeak days when it runs empty 90% of the time.

Im in the crowd that says vq are awful and just make the day worse for everyone who isnt using it

If you take it away then nobody is worse off because there is no worse if there is no better everyone is just the same

The word capacity has been used a lot in this thread wrongly the vq doesnt add any capacity so if you find capacity on the app as someone said all you are really doing is making another guest wait longer

Deciding with zero basis that this means mw is going to add more fasttrack is not a reason to hate this decision

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pin142 said:

If they fix this then how will they sell as many Fast Track passes for rides?

There will always be travelers that only have a single day at the park that will pay to skip the queue. They will still sell out during peak periods because even with dispatch times cut in half, the wait is still long.

Faster operations would increase the revenue from backward rides (if reasonably priced), and from on-ride photos.

Any time there is an up-charge for a ride or attraction, it will always be more lucrative to maximise the opportunities for more people to pay.

It would also increase guest satisfaction, which increases park spend (happy guests spend more money), encouraging repeat visits and one-pass purchases.

21 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

The word capacity has been used a lot in this thread wrongly the vq doesnt add any capacity so if you find capacity on the app as someone said all you are really doing is making another guest wait longer

Deciding with zero basis that this means mw is going to add more fasttrack is not a reason to hate this decision

Don’t think anyone is under the delusion that it adds capacity to the ride itself.

Just that they balance the general que with the fast track que and that potentially this will mean more Fast Track is sold as this “allocation” (if you prefer) is now free. Yes they could simply leave it to the general que but I doubt this when Fast Track is selling out.

As per the Fast Track thread “leaks” you can see a paid Virtual wait was an option they were exploring last school holidays.