If green Lantern were ever to be removed what coaster/ride would you put in its place?(be realistic)

i2145

Unfortunately there is not a lot of room for a replacemen for Green Lantern as the coaster is stuck inbetween the entrance and DCR with no extra room. If it were to be replaced it would most likely become trees and scenery for the park with no ride replacement. 

However if it did get removed from Movie World, I think it could be moved to another park as I have said in previous comments. Here would be who I think would get it:

• Aussie World: It takes up a short amount of space so Aussie World could possibly buy it, would be a great fit for the park
  • Big Banana - Not sure if they have the money for it and I don't think they would get it
  • Luna Park Sydney - Not enough space for it to fit in the park  it is already too crowded
  • Jamberoo - Would be good for the park, however not sure if they would go for it
  • Magic Mountain - Same reasons as Big Banana
  • Adventure Park - Would be great to compete with Gumbuya World, however not sure if they would invest in it
  • Funfields - Same reason as Adventure Park
  • Luna Park Melbourne - Same reason as LPS
  • Gumbuya World - Would fit in perfectly with Project Zero by getting another thrill coaster, however I'm not sure they would want to buy it
  • Adventure World - Would be awesome, as they seem to be a perfect place for another coaster and would fit in with Abyss etc.

For me if it was sold Adventure World would be most likely to receive it, then Funfields, Adventure Park and Jamberoo, then Gumbuya. LPS, LPM, MM and BB will definitely not be getting it.

• Like 1

RMC raptor would be the best and probably most unrealistic. they would probably go with a crap S&S free spin or something. Which honestly I wouldn’t mind. Better then just trees or something. Gives the outside more energy 

Edited by REGIE

2 minutes ago, REGIE said:

RMC raptor would be the best and probably most unrealistic. they would probably go with a crap S&S free spin or something. Which honestly I wouldn’t mind. Better then just trees or something. Gives the outside more energy 

They’ve already looked at adding a raptor, so it really wouldn’t be that unrealistic.

16 hours ago, TBoy said:

Adventure World - Would be awesome, as they seem to be a perfect place for another coaster and would fit in with Abyss etc.

For me if it was sold Adventure World would be most likely to receive it, then Funfields, Adventure Park and Jamberoo, then Gumbuya. LPS, LPM, MM and BB will definitely not be getting it.

As much as I would love to see Adventure World get a brand new coaster to add to their very small collection, I feel as though GL and Abyss are a bit similar, with their compact designs, single car trains and beyond 90 degree drops. El Locos are like S&S’s version of a Eurofighter in my opinion.

Still, they most probably have the money for that kind of attraction, especially if it’s second-hand, and absolutely they have the space for it.

I really love the idea of Gumbuya receiving GL, like you said, it would compliment Project Zero well. Love the direction the park is heading towards!

Edited by Gtmichaels
Grammar

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

RMC raptor would be the best and probably most unrealistic.

I doubt an RMC Raptor would go there or a B&M. Like I said, it would most likely be trees/scenery or something and the actual coaster gets moved to either Gumbuya World or Adventure World. DC Rivals being right next to GL kinda takes the spotlight off it as the parking lot coaster. 

4 hours ago, REGIE said:

Oh I didn’t know that . I just thought Aussie parks are slow at working with new manufacturers so I was not sure if that would happen. That’s probably most realistic then them working with S&S again actually 

according to some pretty reliable sources, a joker / arkham themed raptor were the initial plans for AA’s plot of land, however it was changed over to WoO.

I think removing a big ride and replacing it with trees in a park with an already small ride line up really isn’t the best decision, something would need to replace the ride.

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

Nah never really been overseas. That’s just what all the coaster enthusiasts say so I just said it too

Not a sentiment I have seen online personally, I did Arashi at Nagashima Spa Land and found it a great extreme ride.

Due to it's intensity however I doubt it's one MW would be interested in.

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

Arashi is definitely dialed up from other free spins and has extra brake fins on it causing extra flips.

The other ones are fine.

That said, Dragon Slayer offers different intensities, one side has 1 or 2 flips:

The other side is very aggressive:

That would be a cool idea

I've only been on a few of the Six Flags free spins, everyone has different taste, but they were one and done for me. Though I get it where the concept could be expanded and improved per the examples in previous posts. Like the premier sky rocket model (with the extra loop) is so much better than than a skyloop like Buzzsaw.

GL is also very good at being a family thrill coaster (even if the height restrictions says otherwise.) Without it, the line up would go RRRC - Scooby - Superman. GL creates a good middle ground and will create a great step up from the new coasters, as they will end up making the line up go RRRC - boomerang - Scooby - SFC - GL - Superman. I think GL is here to stay, DD has more chance of going imo. 

If it was to be removed, i would love to see a Raptor, S&S axis (great eye catcher for the front of the park alongside DCR), Intamin Eurofighter style coaster (like fahrenheit at Hershey) or a Sky Rocket II be added in its spot, they have very little rides and very little room to be removing a coaster and replacing it with trees.

Edited by Rivals