Track has arrived at Movie World!

Adam

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do people keep calling it an overbank? Isnt an overbank where the banking gets past 90 degrees while the track goes up into the air before coming down again: http://www.rcdb.com/ig977.htm?picture=26 http://www.rcdb.com/ig594.htm?picture=5 The turn in that pic is more like a semi helix with a lot of banking, but not an overbank.

I was at Movie World this afternoon and the top hat has been completed. I'm not sure if it was done this morning, or perhaps yesterday but I first saw it from the Giant Drop, and then later in the day when I visited Movie World. It is in a really great position and looks fantastic from all around the park where it can generally be seen from above some of the buildings. Also while I was there they were extending the banked curve around further where it was beginning to slope upwards for something. Though it doesn't appear like there is very much more track left out in the car park so I don't think there will be much more than what has already put in place. Still, the ride is looking really good and I'm sure will be extremely popular. Movie World was quite good today, as was Dreamworld - though the most unusual part of my day has been being on a train tonight that I think ran someone over (and delayed my arrival home by 2 hours). But I'll have to check on what exactly happened in the news tomorrow night because they certainly weren't telling us passengers anything.

Edited by matty_o_911

Yeah thats him. I believe his body was underneath the carriage I was sitting in because once the many ambulances/police/fire/rail authorities arrived they were shining torches underneath the carriage I was in. They eventually announced over the intercom that they wanted us to stay away from the windows and not see what had happened, and eventually the police came in and instructed all of us in the carriage to move to the front of the train away from everything. As much as none of us wanted to see a badly injured body being pulled out, everyone on the train was just so curious about what exactly had happened since no one had a clue. We were stuck on the train for an hour and a half before they guided us off the train one by one through the dark down the ladder on the side of the train and then guided us across the tracks back towards Rocklea station (we didn't have to worry about other trains since trains on that area of the Gold Coast line had ceased operating). It was a really strange experience, but I really feel sorry for the guy who was hit - especially since he didn't die until he got to hospital. If I was hit by a train and taken under three carriages, I wouldn't want to survive any longer.

Hi All, was on my friends car website tonight he was at a car meet and has some photos.. Im yet to ask him but it looks like he was at movie world because check out the completed top hat of the escape in the background on some of the photos http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10793

Edited by clone_tk422

New OzCoaster update. :) Awesome pics Ian, it looks amazing. supermanpic15vi.th.png If you look just above the launch track you'll see an opening similar to the others. Will this be where the overbank exits, meaning that the track would have to go over the launch track? WOW if that's the case!
*Inside section to include a earthquake *Launch *Top Hat *boomer helix *camel hump *inside over bank hill *camel hump *boomer helix *into brake run.
Edited by Flea

Even if that's the layout I'll still be very happy. I don't know what's so sucky about taking a ground hugging turn at 100km/h+, followed by a kick arse air-time filled hill THEN an inside overbank (plus more). No doubt this will be the best Aussie coaster we've seen. I really hope the white building will be themed to something, surely Movie World won't leave it just like that! (Oh wait! :lol:)