DisneyLand Possible SE QLD??!!

ozdude83

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JV = Joint Venture? I decided to dig a bit more, perhaps an effort to disprove it...But I did hte opposite, and it turns out that master plan does actually relate to a real place, along Yawalpah Rd in Pimpama, about 6.7 km north of Dreamworld. I've doodled over the image so you can see how it fits in: post-88-1253793909_thumb.jpg The site is pretty large (4km long and 1.6 wide, to put it into perspective, its all the land Dreamworld owns, multiplied by seven), and looks to be building around an existing golf course. But at this stage, for all we know those plans could very well be for a housing estate or whatever since the legend is so blurry.

Ugh. Disney hater here so I couldnt really care for this
You've never been though have you? Plus your msn name is interesting for a 'Disney hater' :P Edited by Gazza

Let's put this one to bed shall we. I've done some digging, some investigation work and this is what I've found out. JPI did for WDI Full feasibility and project design, presentation to Directors of WD Attractions and WD Imagineering in Burbank, and was initiated in the mid 1990's. According to the information I have, this project is not proceeding (atleast in the form shown, something may eventually come our way, but it's unlikely to come from JPI). So there we have it, not proceeding, this is all quite old information, but what it does show is that Disney are interested in Australia (and from what it seems have been for quite some time). Whether anything happens is another story. You have to remember it's not like Disney choose to ignore Australia, they have the film animation studios here (well atleast they used to) they are filming the next Narnia film here, then we are represented quite well with Finding Nemo, and the Finding Nemo subs ride has quite a bit of Australiana in it, complete with Aussie Voiceover's during the ride. So no, we are't forgotten by the mouse, just theme park wise we are.

I fail to believe that if Disney was seriously planning a themepark in Australia, a relatively small market, that they would build it in the same state as the vast majority of themeparks are located. I would suspect Sydney or melbourne, on a large block of land near water and on a railway line.
Yes exactly! There is not really a demand for it, nor enough people (tourists and population) our current theme parks are so primitive at the moment and thats because our country is a baby compared to others. Supply and demand. And asif they would put it next to the theme park central of australia when there is heaps more basically unclaimed theme park worthy areas around the rest of australia! To take out of context : "dangerously underpopulated country" -Apu Edited by Stef