Sea World Carnivale 2024

Park Addict 93

I do believe we have pre-recorded announcements for some attractions - i've heard it on Scoob and Superman. These are both only played within the ride envelope though, so not sure its audible outside for non riders. 

I even believe Superman has two different announcements - male and female, and one is used for temporary stoppage, the other is used for evac only... @Spotty might be able to confirm?

On 14/2/2024 at 9:54 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I do believe we have pre-recorded announcements for some attractions - i've heard it on Scoob and Superman. These are both only played within the ride envelope though, so not sure its audible outside for non riders. 

I even believe Superman has two different announcements - male and female, and one is used for temporary stoppage, the other is used for evac only... @Spotty might be able to confirm?

Not sure if they are still in use but they do have automatic announcements for West, Superman, Scooby, JL and Green Lantern that I am aware of (not sure about the others).

The female voice is used when the ride has stopped, but has not gone into full evacuation mode. This is also when you will see the ride operators looking around at the area, and getting ready for a ride evacuation. In the case of Scooby, the staff in the lift and high zone areas will put on the harnesses and be ready to go. The entry host at the attractions will also stop admitting guests into the queue until given the all clear. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are experiencing a temporary delay. Please remain seated, and the ride will resume shortly. We apologise for the delay, and thank you for your patience"

Generally if the ride can not be restarted within 5 mins, or the ride goes into an e-stop a male VoiceOver will be heard and the staff will start the unloading process. It's still seared in my brain after all these years...

"May I have your attention please, it is necessary for us to stop the ride. Please remain seated and an attendant be with you shortly to assist you from the ride. When exiting please exit via the doors marked with exit lights, follow the yellow directional lines to the marshalling area at the entrance to the ride. Once again, an attendant will be on hand shortly. Thank you"

Not sure if they are still used, but these rides certainly had this system in place.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mba2012 said:

It's definitely still the same announcements used. Justice League and West automatically play the female announcement when the e-stop is pressed, Green Lantern doesn't do any automatic announcements, and I'm not sure about the others.

The announcements are normally manually triggered by the supervisor. If an e-stop is pressed it automatically goes into an evacuation so the male voice would be used. The female one is used when the ride has faulted or been "ride stopped" and they are trying to rectify the fault before resorting to an evacuation. GL used to have automatic announcements, because you would hear it nearly every 10 minutes during its opening run. It had the nickname with opening crew of "Green Lemon" for a reason.

Attended both Friday and Saturday night's events and have to agree that the event is "stale".

Food wise - 
Had the Ribs plate ($23) on Friday and they were luke-warm, potato salad was from a packet and the corn was plain not even the flavoured one the outlet was also selling.

Chicken fried rice ($15) on Saturday and it was great, and a self service garnish/sauce station was good.

There seems to be less 3rd party entertainment staff/roving performers in comparison to previous years, Aqua Light Show remains a highlight and the only "world class" theme park show in Australia.

2 train operation on Leviathan so wait was no longer than 30mins, Jet Rescue line was not over 20mins. Vortex was an unplanned closure on Saturday.

I went Fri and Sat night too. I'd never been on Leviathan before, so I spent most of Friday riding the beast. Pleasantly surprised at the wait time and it was running so well at night. I'm not sure if the wet track helped. Leviathan impressed me, kind of a cross between Twister at Gronalund and Ghostrider. I really liked the upcharge back row (just the ride not the upcharge).

I caught a little of the show on Saturday and that looked spectacular. Otherwise, it seemed quite sparse, but the performers present were doing a good job. I tried the seafood boilup near Dockside, that was very average and poor value.

Definitely worth it for the night rides on Leviathan and Jet Rescue for me personally, definitely not for the event alone (I don't have a season pass). 

Edited by downunder
  • Like 1