Tornado Ride

clone_tk422

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah well it will probably be down the track. If i were you i would be very happy we were getting such a big slide, Tornados are the hottest thing going water park wise and really are a great ride. I mean, the airtime on the turns on mammoth is great, as is going down the drops on the Plunge. Now combine the two and multiply by 10 and you would get an idea of how fun this will be. Yes, a toilet bowl would be OK, but when you think about it, all you do is go around in circles, like a helix, now if you really wanted to do that you could go on that whitewater flume (cant remember its name, its the one next to Bombora) since that has a lengthy helix, and thats what it would be like. Not dissing a toiled bowl in any way, its just that a tornado is much better.

When you look from outside the park (even more so within it) you can really see what a HUGE slide this is. The support structure for the funnel is massive. As gazza said this is certainly THE thing in slides at the moment and really will add something world class to the park. Hopefully we will see a toilet bowl down the track, I can assure you they are much more intense than any helix on a flume, a real crazy ride. What I would love to see come to WnW is a Disco slide like Disco H20 in Orlando, that was an amazing, popular and very unique slide...

We were on the bus yesterday onthe highway and ommg that thing is SOO massive! it really stands out..it was the first thing we saw as we came towards WnW...absolutely massive..must be really big when you are standing right in front of it. I can't wait to ride it. I like the blue & yellow colour theme too. Everyone on the bus just went "omg thats so huge" at the same time lol...should be a good ride for the size of it. Ohh Gazza you will be able to see he rafts going around if you look over that way..it's soo huge..you can see inside it..where the rafts will go from the highway. Also I dunno if someone has mentioned it but the Movieworld sign at the front (once you go through the ticket barriers) is being upgraded and when you walk out of the park it has the WB logo and the Village Roadshow logo and says something like "Warner Bros. Movieworld is owned by Warner Brothers & Village Roadshow" or something to that effect..

Edited by lisalila

Hi everyone. Because I live in Melbourne and i can't see and ride Tornado or any of MV or WNW's new rides until September. Basically what i'm trying to say is, DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY DECENT PICS OF TORNADO PLEASE!!!! And could somebody please give me some dimensions of the funnel, because i don't understand how "Massive" it actually is. And just another thing to add: Does anybody know when the official opening of the ride is, this is because i usually miss riding rides that open up in September. If people could please give some answers, pics or comments it would be very appreciated. Thanks CoasterBoy8

Also, check www.proslide.com for ride info. The tornado is about 25m high and roughly the same length along the bottom, 18m wide at one end and 4m at the other, has 3m wide lead up tunnels
Whoa, that's a damn wide lead up tunnel but i s'pose it's kinda similar to a Mammoth in width so you get that..... Spent quite a while looking at videos on ProSlide's site today. Was tempted to drive up and have a look for myself. :P

Thanks guys, that was very usefull info you gave me, really appreciate it!! And special thanks to mattcrombie for posting up that great pic. One last thing i want to add: Are you sure that it is opening in September? The funnel is already completed. All they have to do is add a splash pool, supports (To hold up the funnel) and the entry tube. I don't think that it will open any early than September. However, if it did, mabey around late July early to mid August. I think Tornado is going to look really good when it is finished and I can't wait to ride it September. CoasterBoy8

While I do like the colour scheme (Wet 'n' Wild has a distinct lack of colour) I reckon they should have made Tornado yellow and black rather than blue and orange. It would suit the theme of H20 Zone better... not that they seem to care about theming or presentation in this area

The sign at WnW stats that it is opening in September. The colour actually looks more yellowy in person..not really orangey GoGoBoy and I don't think there is anything wrong with that colour..the colours around the H2O Zone is black and greyish..that's pretty bland so it's nice to have a bit of colour in there and I'm gonna guess and say the rafts will be yellow so it'll kinda tie in a little bit with that if that's the case so there is the little bit of themeing for you.