Digging!!! Now everyone get excited!

Jaggie

OK I have had enough. Boycotta, get your story straight and stop listening to crap. And find a better contact also. The news that I have been siting on for some time does include the Beach area of the park. This year is the tenth year in operation for the beach and to celebrate, the park is revamping the beach and installing a new attraction to that area of the park. TO MY KNOWLAGE, it has NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING to do with the buisness park. I could be wrong and it may be a new entry to the water section of the park ONLY, as this was the plan quite a while ago. But TMK the only thing happening this year is the new attraction at the Beach. Before you ask, I am not aware of what the new attraction is, just that there is one coming to the BEACH for X-MAS 2003. This is ALL I KNOW so please do not ask anything else. As for a new coaster to the park, listen for something next year. Not sure what it is, but was told to be prepared to be pleased. That is all that I have been told on that front also. So let your brains run free and wonder what it is, as I have no idea.

I've done what research I could about the Wonderland Business Park and all things related over the past day or so. I'll try and clear up what I can here. The first stage of the development, consists of Sunway City Berhad (Sunway's property development company)'s Australian unit (Hartford Lane Pty Ltd) selling 40ha of land to Australand Holdings for the sum of $26.5 million. All subsequent land assigned for the Business Park (160ha in total) will be developed in a joint venture (50/50) with Australand and Hartford Lane. The property will be developed and I believe that they (Australand in stage one) will be selling off sections of land once developed (for instance, the Woolworths warehouse will presumably owned by Woolworths). The way I see it, there will be little to no connection between the Business Park and theme park (unlike what I believe were the original plans). Clearly Wonderland (or their parent company) has seen the surplus land that Wonderland owns could be put to a better use. Because they don't have the structure to develop property (they're a theme park), they've entered an agreement with a second party that will be able to maximise the potential of the development, and mean the park can concentrate their resources towards the park as they should be. One person at Theme Park Insider suggested that the 2003 Sydney UBD has the carpark to the left of the entrance to the theme park (i.e. those huge overflow carparks in the hilly land next to the main carpark) has been marked as "Wonderland Business Park". This is nowhere near The Beach, and as a result, I'd expect that any earthmoving etc. going on towards that end of the park is for the waterpark. Wonderland seriously owns a lot of land there. It's a huge block - if you follow the Great Western Highway out towards the Blue Mountains you really get an idea of how long their block spans for along the highway. They're developing 160ha for the Business Park alone - Dreamworld takes up 30ha of a 85ha block. Wonderland Sydney was over 60ha back when Hanna Babera Land was still open (take off a few hectares to compensate for that).

I thought I would take a drive past Wonderland today....So it was my first chance to see the land clearing near the Beach that everyone has been talking about...... I'm not sure how many people have seen it, but it is very noticeable from the road..... There is new construction fencing around the area. It isn't anywhere near the Business Park construction, as Richard said, so it doesn't look like it's related to that. It also isn't a continuous long stretch of clearing so, despite some rumours, it really doesn't look anything like a new entrance to the park would. Speaking of the street directories though, the 2003 version of the UBD does have one of the car park slabs missing from the map and it has been replaced by Wonderland Business Park (under construction). Here's hoping the Beach will be expanded this summer. And while it's not what I've been hoping for, at least it's something :)

HOT NEWS After talking to the park today, I have found out some great news. But first thing first. It seems that Boycotta did have a correct peice of info..but he had it half right. Yes there is a new entrance coming to the park but it is still under design. The park is not splitting the Beach away from the main park. The land on which HBL was built was owned by the park, as is a major section of land behind the park. The amount of land owned by the park that is in use including what the park sold is only just over 50%. The beastie is still standing but it is not looking good for the old favorite. Their is a new ride coming and while I can say it has nothing to do with the beach, I can not reveile what it is as I myself only know what Style of ride it will be. For those of you who go to the park every week (Flea) whatch what is being built and you will soon understand or at least have a guess at what the ride will be. I believe it will be themed to a marvel movie to be released next year. This was not said straight out by the park, but more hinted on. Hope this keeps you guys guessing, but please do not ask me for anymore details as I have allready told you guys all that I can. Enjoy 8)

thunder man how do u get all this info out of the park, can u please tell me what u said to them and i'll go and arange a meeting with someone on the management team? can u tell the whole forums one thing though please when can we expect this new ride, and should be be exicted put it on a scale 1 is not much excitement 10 is extremely excited thanks mate

Sorry guys but I know not what you ask. I only know the style of ride and if I say to much I will give it away and maybe get my contact into trouble. This is something that I don't wont to happen. When...I believe next year. Rating...don't know as I have not done this ride yet. Sorry guys but that is all I know....really.

Wow, that's awesome news! I'm guessing the ride is going to be a flat, obviously something that's currently not in Australia (since Thunder stated that he has never ridden it before, and he has never been overseas for a coaster trip). I'm guessing that it may be a Huss Frisbee. Or even a giant one.. Is it possible to give us information about who the manufacturer of the ride is? Thanks, ~Flea

i told you everyone that the park was building a new park entrance. i knew it. now the odl park entrance will be the new park entrance to the buisness park with the same road leading towards the carparks except the road goes longer to the back carparks. now the park strands as long as up to the minchinbury resovior located about 50 metres from the beastie. the land goes from the demon up until the motorway in which you will see a fence pretty close to the motorway. teh ride that was mentioned by everyone will come in christmas this year my friend that works there believes. my cousin just came back from wonderland yesterday and said the park has fixed up the river rampage and the guesyers or sprays in the water has been fixed and timed better so that they all get you. in that case she said they have. now lets get this right wonderland is building a new park entrance, a new ride and new sttractions, but believe me IMO i think this ride will not t all be big. i think it will be a kids ride or a simple ride now thunder did this person yu got your info from say ride or roller coaster? there is a difference.

Did you even read my post. The park is designing a new entry to the park, TO BE BUILT IN THE FUTURE. It has nothing to do with the entry to the buisness park and I think that Richard has explained why before. They are two seperate projects. Nothing to do with each other. And after all that I have had to clear up with the park in reguards to the rumors that you have said here, what makes you think that I would tell you anything. Please re-read, if indead you did read it at all, my post and it states that this is ALL THE INFO THAT I HAVE. This means, to anyone over the mental age of 5 at least, that I have told you all I can, and all that I know. Dude I know that this may sound a bit harsh, but stiff. I tell you guys this on the day that I burried my best mate and all you want to do is ask stupid questions about stuff that I have allready answered. If you want to make friends on these sites and get the info that matters, then check your contacts info with the park. Play nice and read the info before asking silly questions, and this bit is not only for Boycotta as there are others who ask these questions also. I will no longer reply to those who ask questions that have allready been answered. Sorry to those of you that don't do this but it is the way it is going to have to be. No news until I have something to post.

Boring... I hope it's not a flat ride. So if The Beach is not getting any new attractions this year (as according to thunder) can anyone explain the digging in that area? By the way I am under the impression that Wonderland does not have any park map brochures at the moment. Normally they hand them out to every guest at the park entrance. This could mean they are holding off on printing new park maps because things are (hopefully) changing in the park and new additions being made. They may not want to print maps only to have to redo them again shortly. Just a thought.

The news that I have been siting on for some time does include the Beach area of the park. This year is the tenth year in operation for the beach and to celebrate, the park is revamping the beach and installing a new attraction to that area of the park
And you say that according to me the beach is not getting anything this year. You guys give me the s%#@s.

my cousin just came back from wonderland yesterday and said the park has fixed up the river rampage and the guesyers or sprays in the water has been fixed and timed better so that they all get you
Yes, the ride has been fixed up (hence the ride being closed for a month), a new paintjob in the station consisting of cream and green colours really makes it looks nice. I went on the ride today, and it is no longer boring throughout the whole ride (with the exception of the water jets). Right until the end, the ride is filled with wave makers, along with the not-so-timed water jets. What your cousin told you about the jets is not true. The water jets are purposely set to go off before or after the boat passes, due to it being Winter, and no one really wants to get wet. Obviouly when it hits mid Spring, the water jets are set to hit the boats..
So if The Beach is not getting any new attractions this year (as according to thunder) can anyone explain the digging in that area?
He never said that. ~Flea

Flea is correct. The jets never get you these days. What we noticed today is that the geysers go off about two times each time a boat goes by. For what reason, we have no idea, or maybe the geysers were just being tested that time we managed to look at it. And the only reason why Liam went on the Rampage with me is because I forced him to. :twisted: Anyways, besides all that, boycotta/Nightshifter, can you please put paragraphs in your post(s)! Because it is really irritating me reading it and other people get agitated sometimes as well. It will be really nice of you to do that from now on. ^_^

hey thunder i have had it with you all i ask in return is if my information is incorrect is for anyone to reply with their theory or with their material in a polite manner. what ever anybody writes its there opinion in my case it wasnt it was factual information. everybody in this forum has different stories and different information on Wonderland or any park. Bastado! im sick of it. calm down we are only discussing in your case debating in a nice manner not like a bloody idiot. so next time you comment on anything i say please please please reply in a nice manner. i try to make firneds with everyone in the forum and quite franlky ive lost hope on you. and thunder if you have read my post i said that the clearing of land is for the new park entrance, where did you get the park spitting the beach from the main park. i said teh buisness park needs an entrance and wonderland is getting rid of the old park entrance. and building a new one located right next to the beach through thye road which leads to the employees carpark. there is no new rides in the beach there is no splitting the beack from the park. this is all factual becasue i know for a fact becasue i send emails to the park they send emails becak with the right info and my friend works there every day besides the weekends and explains to me what is happening. so please your info is bull so update it correctly.

Their is a new ride coming and while I can say it has nothing to do with the beach, I can not reveile what it is as I myself only know what Style of ride it will be.
Thunder, the above sentence speaks for itself. Perhaps you didn't actually mean that The Beach is not getting a new attraction this year but surely you can see how the above sentence could be misunderstood to seem like you were implying that. No need to go and get the #$%@# with me (or anyone else).

Guys, please lay off Thunder for the time being. He is going through some very difficult times, having losing his best mate. This will hopefully make you understand for why he has been this way, losing your mate is not an easy thing to go through. For now, feed yourself on the information you currently have, for we are very lucky in getting this information. Please understand, ~Flea

I honestly don't know why you bother Thunder. Seems your best intentions only end up enraging the vocal minority. Don't normally get involved in flame wars as it's not my style, but for those paying out on the guy just remember he is under no obligation to provide any information to any of you. It sounds like he is having a hard enough time in RL without copping it here. Flaming just drives people away from the boards who may actually have something worthwhile to contribute. For those that state opinions and like to dress them up as facts: you should consider clarifying whether your intent is to state fact or present YOUR opinion on the given topic. IMO I have seen too many posts here where the writer is implying that what they are saying is fact when it is really only their opinion. They then use the defence "well it's only my opinion" when questioned over the content of their post. Anyway, I must be getting cranky withdrawals as I haven't had any air time for a few months :) /rant off.

hey thunder i have had it with you all i ask in return is if my information is incorrect is for anyone to reply with their theory or with their material in a polite manner....... so please your info is bull so update it correctly.
Do you know what a hypocrite is? Wayne doesn't have to tell you that Wonderland is getting a ride. In fact, its easier for him to not pass on information that he gets from the park (repeat, gets from the park!). Take a chill pill guys, thats all I'm saying. BTW, thanks for the paragraphs :D

For those of you who I know and speak to on a regular basis, thankyou for your suport in what was and still is a hard week for me. Haveing loose someone who was your BEST MATE for the last 21 years is a hard thing to take. For the other KIDS, yes I said KIDS on this board, no more info for you. I have had enough with your rumors and all the other crap. So I will pass on info only to those who I can get along with via pm. This way it will enable the correct info to get out and the lies might stop. Oh and to the LITTLE KID NIGHTSHIFTER. My info comes from the parks managment office also known as the HEAD OFFICE, not someone behind a shop counter. The beach is getting a new ride and there are ppl on this board who allready have been told what it is. If anyone would like to know what it is then please pm me and if you are in my good books, you will be told the style of ride coming to the park next year. Sorry to those of you who are about the same age as me but I have had it with KIDS that have misleading info and don't want to be told the truth. At this time my info on parks is at about 95%correct all the time and I have the past to back it up. I will contact those of you that I want to stay in contact with over the next few days, as for you kids....the board is yours....FOR NOW!!