What will happen to Blue Lagoon?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, good point. But after my visit i was a bit dissapointed, it was basically just a big pool, which isnt all that great since thats not exactly special and there was nothing to to in it. The water slides lines were waaay to long, but the slides were too short, though ill rate krakatoas. Plus there was not much for kids, just one slide and a wading pool. The other bad thing was there were no short stay lockers, they only had all day ones, but nobody would be there all day. So yeah, bring on DWWP, there will definitley be ample replacement for the rides so it wont be too bad.

Sorry, I was trying to post before dinner. And what did I spell wrong? Anyway, the only bad thing about Blue Lagoon going is that you will have to pay for seperate entry to DWWP. You used to just visit there if you were hot and sweaty and wanted something to do. Now there'll be no where to cool off!

I just dont think they would get rid of it , there is a food place down there as long with a surf shop which would be taking in the money. I dont think dreamworld would waste money demolishing it. The times I have been there were no lines what so ever. I really enjoy blue lagoon.

Edited by aidan

I think when your going to start selling a park hopper pass, having a water park at DW doesn't make any sense. I can't imagine there will be many families who are cool with the idea of spending up the extra money for a seperate waterpark when theres a smaller one included in the normal admission. Don't get me wrong, I like Blue Lagoon (Krakatoa is both the best and worst slide ever created, pure classic there folks) and will miss it if they do get rid of it, but you'd think it likley that it'll get chopped. BTW, who said it needs to be demolished? The chairlift is still there isn't it?

Taken directly from the MLE Press Release:

The Dreamworld Water Park is a unique opportunity for the Macquarie Leisure Trust Group to use its expertise to capitalise on: ... -the potential to expand the market through the introduction of new packaging options and a "two park pass"
I believe it would be in their best interests to offer a multi-park pass similar to Warner Village's "ticketing mega-mix" (3 Park Super Pass).

The Dreamworld Water Park is a unique opportunity for the Macquarie Leisure Trust Group to use its expertise to capitalise on: ... -the potential to expand the market through the introduction of new packaging options and a "two park pass"
Thanks, I didn't hear that! Edited by WnW_Rocks

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm this has been bothering me for some time. I hope they don't get rid of Blue Lagoon. It is by far one if the most beautifully themed areas in the whole park and the rides meet up to the same standard too despite there being only three main ones. Krakatoa's Revenge is the best waterslide I have ever riden. The fact that it keeps you thrown about is amazing and the really big drop after the slow bit is insane. I hope the new park doesn't decrease Blue Lagoon's reputation for being a tremendous to the park but I'm sure it won't.

Hello again, I think they should demolish blue lagoon and build a super-coaster there with great themeing. I would rather a world record breaking rollercoaster that would bring in the international crowds, That would create huge revenue for DW. Instead of building 2 rides they should build a giant steel coaster. With the right marketing it could be a huge ride for DW and also boost the local economy.

I think they should demolish blue lagoon and build a super-coaster there with great themeing. I would rather a world record breaking rollercoaster that would bring in the international crowds, That would create huge revenue for DW. Instead of building 2 rides they should build a giant steel coaster. With the right marketing it could be a huge ride for DW and also boost the local economy.
Do they really have that much space there? I thought it was just a small area.

The local economy is big already
Australias economy could be said to be "big", but there is always room for growth, so the same could be said for the Gold Coast economy, why else would they always be building new apartments, resorts, attractions, rides at parks etc?
I think they should demolish blue lagoon and build a .... coaster there with great themeing.
yeah, i agree, the park is a bit unbalanced with most of the rides around ocean parade.
I would rather a world record breaking rollercoaster that would bring in the international crowds, That would create huge revenue for DW.
It always makes me wonder why people think a massive captial investment on a record breaker will yield an equally as big return. I mean six flags has tried that at many of its parks and they are billions in the red. Plus IMO record breakers are a poor investment, they arent any better than a non record breaker (compare the superior SE with the once record breaking TOT), are expensive, break down a lot and are only a record breaker for a few years (CP lost it fairly quickly to Kingda Ka). I think its better to build a smaller coaster with punch and a memorable ride experience than one that is the biggest or fastest or most inneficient or whatever. Plus pitching something at the international market is always risky and far too volatile in the times of today.
Think about it movieworld has a little splash zone yet its sister park wet n wild is a waterpark , it will stay.
A spraypark (like looney tunes splash zone) is completley different from a waterpark, and for what its worth, SW and DW have sprayparks too anyway, they are more of a standard kids "ride" as part of a childrens area (much like an plane ride or dodgems, just an expected thing) rather than a waterpark. Edited by Gazza