Future Dreamworld thrill ride

Richard

But... would it work at Dreamworld... I mean maintenence wise! We all know the Giant Inverted Boomerang's issues...
no i dont know the issues with inverted boomerangs, please tell me what they are. and i agree with some people vekoma does make rough coasters, i would love to see a tilt coaster, would be awesome.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerangs are NOT known for good reliablity, Namely the Deja Vu's at Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Great America and Six Flags Over Georgia. They are known for being a Maintenence nightmare, and experience CONSTANT downtime, The only one that I know of that is slightly efficient is Stunt Fall in Germany. Until these problems are sorted out, I feel that this would be a BAD move for Dreamworld, Because in the 1st year or so, the ride will most likely spend at least half it's time broken down. EDIT: 400th Post! about time lol

Edited by Spotty

Surely Vekoma would've realised that their prototype wasn't efficient enough and improved on it. I have no idea the order they were made in but wouldn't the one in Germany be the newest one? I doubt it'll be what DW choose, hopefully a new concept. Even if they did, I'm sure they'd try to improve on the Deja Vu clone or try a slightly different approach...

The only one that I know of that is slightly efficient is Stunt Fall in Germany.
Stunt fall is in Germany? :rolleyes: IMO the one at Parque Warner would be just as bad, i think the fact it lacks hundreds of American enthusiasts whingeing means its problems probably go unreported. Edited by Gazza

I wonder if the problems with the Giant version are similar to the problems Vekoma experienced with it's little brother? - The original Boomerang's used to have problems with the chains, the lifts and the strain that the trains took on the hills (both releasing and grappling). Giant Inverted's have perfectly vertical lifts. As it is, the old ones couldn't get by without unpredictable downtime. I remember when "Demon" was originally "Titan" at World Expo88. It broke down ALL THE TIME. Riders would often get stuck up on either hill and usually would have to get out and walk down. Most of the time it was caused due to a limit switch failure or a chain breakage. I was on board when this happened at Expo and was lucky enough to be sitting in the back seat {a nice view at the time}!! I am sure the new owners of the ride resolved so many of these issues after all the problems it caused at World Expo Park. I wonder, if a similar thing happened on a Giant Boomerang, how would you get the people out?? In the mid nineties, I can recall an incident that occured with a Vekoma Boomerang at an Amusement Park in Canada where a train load of riders got caught by the ride's brakes on the Clothoid Loop which had locked up in high pressure. The poor suffering riders hung upside down for ages waiting for assistance to arrive. They were later assisted from their seats (more than an hour upside down) into a Cherry picker back in the mid nineties. They later had to be evacuated.

The Giant Inverted Boomerangs use cable elevator style lift hills, with no anti-rollbacks etc., so the issue of stalling on either lift is not an issue (or rather it shouldn't be). I'd like to think they're using an electromagnetic release mechanism that allows for an automatic release in the event of a power outage, or at least a manual way of releasing the train which requires no power. The three Déjà Vus had a lot of issues of the train valleying either in the boomerang or between it and the loop or between the loop and the second lift hill. They all had emergency platforms installed in the boomerang and each had its own different style of ramp installed at the bottom for the other valleys.

• 3 weeks later...

As Dreamworld is apparently getting a Vekoma, I decided to do some research on new coaster designs. I have posted a link to a website which shows a overlook of the Euro attractions show 2006. Sme of the concepts are really cool and look like the companies will make alot of money out of them at the bottom of that page click on the second page. This showcases some of Vekoma's new creations. Things from launched suspended coasters to half pipe rides are mensioned. I sugest you have a look over the two pages: It is really interesting!! Some of the new Vekoma concepts would suit Dreamworld very well. And I have not seen a launched suspended coaster Before - P.S: *cough*DREAMWORLD HAS TO BUY THIS*cough* Coaster Boy 6 Here is the link: Euro Attractions Show 2006

Great researching coasterboy (lol whats your name). This was mentioned in another thread by Gazza about the Ball coaster, its sorta like a 4D coaster like the X apart from it travels on straight tracked with no corners. I think it would be great to see and ride some of those coasters on the website. Keep up the good researching coasterboy B)

Actually you should check back your sources if Vekoma really IS the final winner because some birds are whisteling very different story now very recently. :o
Yes indeed Ive been hearing that there may have been some changes in the wind but mums the word right now but if the wind is really changing its going to be huge. ;)

I have absolutely no problem with releasing my information on the internet. I'm the same age as you, my parents don't really care as long as I don't organise a meet etc. without letting them know! :P (Yes, that may come as a suprise for some but half of you already know)! :P Anyway, back on topic, it would be nice if it wasn't Vekoma but I'm not too worried. If it's a dark ride, and it's made by Vekoma, I'm guessing one of those things like Hex @ Alton Towers. As long as the ride is good I'll be happy. :)

He is the same age as CB6. No need to be sorry CB6, i fully understand, my mum was like that to, I think she still is but I don't care anymore, I release info about me all the (like WnW rocks) lol :lol: Anyway i honestly dont care what ride it is, well, I mean, I don't want to see a carnival ride, I would love to see something new, a new idea, a first in Australia, or in the world (yeah I know, as if thats going to happen). Can't wait to find out what it is.

Edited by mickey_079

Well, Seeing as Hex isn't a roller-coaster ,I dont think it would be like that
I sware someone said that it was going to be a dark-ride, that's the only reason I made the assumption. Oh well... EDIT: 333 Posts Heheh. Edited by WnW_Rocks

I sware someone said that it was going to be a dark-ride, that's the only reason I made the assumption. Oh well...
I was told that the new attraction for December this year may be some kind of dark ride or at least something within a building. However the rumoured new coaster isn't likely to be built until sometime next year