Seaworlds New 2006 Attraction

mattcrombie

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have known this has been coming for quite some time now, and you should have seen my face light up when I heard the words "Ferris Wheel" and "Sea World" all in the same sentence. You can never have enough ferris wheels.
Well... for me 1 Ferris Wheel is enough to make me feel Queasy considering I don't do the whole "Ferris Wheel" Thing...

How can a ferris wheel make you queasy? This is coming from somebody who supposedly rides SE repeatedly.....Height is not an excuse since you ride GD, and the speed of rotation is less than every other ride out there. And what on earth is this crap about MW having a height limit? They are putting in a 60m space shot remember.

Edited by Gazza

Gazza you have to remember, some people get different feelings or experiences from different rides. It may be the motion that could get to him, you have to remember, motion sickness comes from a slow steady moving thing, not a fast wild thing with massive g-force. Every ride has a different effect on people. So this ride is due in December? Should be a good ride, great capacity to. Views will be awesome :)

And what on earth is this crap about MW having a height limit? They are putting in a 60m space shot remember.
Just because MW is putting in a 60m space shot doesnt mean that MW doesnt have a height limit. This limit could be 62m, it could be 3000000000m (well not quite that much, but you get the idea). It all depends on how the land is zoned and the council allowing attractions of varying heights. Before Superman went it the hight limit could have been 30m and has since been changed because the council can see the revenue that having higher attractions etc can mean to the local economy.

<Bangs head against wall> Im going by that 60m figure stated, but you are roughly traveling at 0.209m/s or about 0.75km/h, that is FAR slower than even the tamest of kids rides, a lift, or even walking pace and would be barely noticeable, sorry but i just cant see the comparison. While i can see the sickness factor with things like the Swinger Zinger since it does go fairly fast and completes several revolutions throughout its cycle, this wheel will only take you around once and lacks that repetitive motion factor that tends to cause sickness. Also, i was just responding to the rather random comment about MW having a height limit, it just seems odd to bring it up and the first I have ever heard of it, what is even more odd is the fact what is one of the tallest rides in the world is just 5 minutes away, and both have people living nearby.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this in my email. SEA WORLD HAS THE EYE ON THE GOLD COAST! (sorry for the caps i C'd & P'd it) Excitement is building for the much anticipated opening of the Sea World Eye - an impressive 60m high observation wheel - scheduled for early December. While there are similar wheels around the world, in places like London, Manchester, Seville and Niagara Falls, this is the first time this awesome attraction will be brought to Australia. Visitors to Sea World over the upcoming summer holidays will enjoy the experience of the exciting Sea World Eye - included in the price of normal admission. The structure will sit an impressive 60 metres high over Sea World and offer sweeping views of the scenic Gold Coast area, including unparalleled views across the Broadwater. The Sea World Eye will also offer a new and unique view, high above Polar Bear Shores and Shark Bay. With 42 air-conditioned Gondolas, each holding up to 6 people, there will be plenty of opportunity for everyone to experience the Sea World Eye. Guests of all ages will also hear interesting and entertaining facts about Sea World, the Broadwater and the ocean from the audio system inside each Gondola. And for those that like a touch of luxury - there is one VIP capsule available for hire, which gives the opportunity to entertain guests in style - featuring a Plasma TV, DVD player, champagne (optional), fridge, leather interior and air conditioning. Exclusive 'Sea World at Sunset' tours will also be available for guests during the summer holidays. The Sunset tours will allow guests to experience the sun setting from the Sea World Eye, a moonlit monorail tour overlooking the dolphin pools and a seafood smorgasbord meal in the park's Broadwater Restaurant. post-538-1163477799_thumb.jpg

Will it be included in the SW entry price?
While there are similar wheels around the world, in places like London, Manchester, Seville and Niagara Falls, this is the first time this awesome attraction will be brought to Australia. Visitors to Sea World over the upcoming summer holidays will enjoy the experience of the exciting Sea World Eye - included in the price of normal admission. The structure will sit an impressive 60 metres high over Sea World and offer sweeping views of the scenic Gold Coast area, including unparalleled views across the Broadwater. The Sea World Eye will also offer a new and unique view, high above Polar Bear Shores and Shark Bay.
I hope they do eventually make it a permanent part of the line up, if they have to get another wheel i hope they pick one of those Intamin freefall or coaster wheels like at DCA.

About time one of these parks got a Giant Ferris Wheel. I really would have loved to see DW buy the Zodiac which was at Wonderland, Sydney. And place it in Ocean Parade, named "Crabby Claws". However, I now feel the Ferris Wheel would feel more at home at Sea World. You'd be more of a view, And it'd be truly amazing at night time. I, also like the other members, Would LOVE to see this attraction turn out permanent. Do you think, this wheel could be changed for something like what is at Disney Land? The wheel they have there, the carriage's move around a track on the wheel. I'd love to see a park within' Australia get one of those, It'd be a gentle thrill ride with an amazing view over the Gold Coast & Pacific Ocean. :) Overall, I'm glad Seaworld is making this move. I hope it turns out to be a major sucess.

It's not two words. You're as bad as those people who think it's Dream World or Disney Land. I really hope the Ferris wheel turns out to be permanent.
Guess what? Your wrong. I've never spelt Dreamworld as Dream World or Disneyland as Disney Land or Movieworld as Movie world or Seaworld as Sea World. So i'm NOT as bad as the others. Edited by dreamworld_rulz