Mick Doohan Motocoaster construction discussion

AugustVonPolen

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd love to get pics, but I doubt I can get there. I know Surfside have buses that go to Dreamworld, but TransLink doesn't have where I live on their website. About how long would it take to get to Dreamworld from say Tweed Heads? How reliable are they?

Gee, its a bit much to go all the way from Tweed Heads for some photos of shipping containers. I'll be up that way Wednesday/Thursday so I'll take a couple of pics then. Though If you were planning on visiting anyway, It could be worth seeing if you can your trip to a hub like surfers/pacific fair, and then transferring to a bus to DW. Edit: Ugh that Surfside website is terrible, I love it how the network map is so small its barley readable, and the PDFs are sideways. But you would take bus TX1, it runs from Tweed Mall to Burleigh to Mermaid Beach, and then express to WnW/MW and then DW, it leaves at 8:10 or 8:40 and takes 31 minutes to get there. The return direct bus leaves at 5:10pm assuming you want to stay all day.

Edited by Gazza

Ay, guys did anybody notice another topic about DW's Motorbike Coaster? It was one of those "pay the subscription" ones, so I couldn't veiw it. If somebody knows what I'm talking about, than could you post up what they, meaning other subscribed forum members, have been talking about in that topic. ;) Only if you are a suscriber of course.

Yeah well it's not really special, shipping containers.
I agree. Things only start to get interesting when the parts make it out of the cotainers and onto the ground, and that's when we need pics!! :D And as Richard said, there is still heaps of ground-work and preparation before all the footers and supports are up, let alone the track. ^_^ CoasterBoY8 Edited by Coaster Boy 8

If somebody knows what I'm talking about, than could you post up what they, meaning other subscribed forum members, have been talking about in that topic
Then what's the point in having a Subscribers-Only Forum if they're just going to tell everyone what it says? I know, maybe you could subscribe, then you would be able to see what it said? See the logic? :P Easy money! :P

Our subscribers-only "Subscription Secrets" forum is operated on a strict code that information in there stays in there. Because of our own publishing timelines it's not always possible to release information as soon as it is made available, so this forum acts as a way for us to reveal certain things to subscribers ahead of schedule. We're certainly not descriminating against non-subscribers. If it weren't for this system, information like this would just sit on the backburner until it's ready to be published, which would be a bit of a shame. If you want to stay on the cusp of theme park news in Australia and have the $20 it costs for a year then you're welcome to subscribe and join in these discussions. For those interested, we don't reveal "insider" information (i.e. that obtained from employees/contractors at various levels within the organisation) but rather that which we have managed to obtain from a variety of external, typically public sources.

Yeah, and are we able to pay in cash or not, due to the fact that I don't have a credit card, and my parents won't let me use theirs. I do think the "subscription secrets" deal is fair as they are showing there support for the site (not that other members aren't) by helping to fund the site upgrades, and paying for year passes so that people can get photo updates which you see on this site.

Drove past today. I think those containers have been there for a while now. I will be heading into Dreamworld tomorrow to use the second half of my World Pass, but I think that in the short term they may just focus on re-routing the vintage cars, or whatever modifications they have to make to get this thing prepped to go. Also, just curious, initial rumours and that said it was going to go about 70 - 80 km/h. Considering it will be an Intamin Coaster, do you expect it to launch into a high track piece such as a hump (probably not a tophat because that would be too much like Superman Escape), as a lot of Intamin Launch coasters have, or is it more likely to follow a fairly flat track with some high banked turns like on the Furious Baco or Desert Race? Or better still, what would you prefer, predict or whatever?

I think most of us are hoping for inversions. It would be great to see. Nobody really knows the track design, but I wouldn't rule out a top hat just because there is one down the road. Remember, although this is a similar type of coaster, the way it will be seen is fairly different.