Wet'n'Wild: New 2007 Attraction

mattcrombie

Cool, thanks for getting those. One thing I have noticed is that they have gotten rid of all the tropical foliage that was on the hill and have replanted with conifers which is a bit of a shame. As for the slides they look OK, pretty much what I was hoping for and expecting, with all this new water park technology there is still a place for classic slides IMO. I dont think those the two slides on the inside will be turbo tunnels though (or at least I wouldn't automatically assume so) For some reason many enclosed water slides use that tube size even if they aren't high speed such as one of the slides at the Beachouse in Adelaide: post-88-1186726224_thumb.jpg Ill just wait to see what happens though, the height of the start platform doesn't seem enough for a turbo tunnel anyway.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the photo Churros. Lol, see the coca-cola bottle in the corner of the pool, lol. :lol: Are they still sticking with the whole fake-mountain like before? I hope they do, it'll look stupid next to Terror Canyon. Also, have they been updating Terror Canyon at all? I think they should fully update the pool area considering they're doing the whole area.

Thanks for the photo Churros. Lol, see the coca-cola bottle in the corner of the pool, lol. :lol:
Product placement.
Also, have they been updating Terror Canyon at all? I think they should fully update the pool area considering they're doing the whole area.
It seems the only thing they may be updating is the loading platform. I think they already did some work on Terror Canyon earlier in the year? Something you can't really see from the picture is that the enclosed slide on the left hugs the ground under the other two slides heading toward the far side. It has a fairly steep slope (for a slide anyway) that bolts up that hill toward the platform. I tried to get a view of it, but you can see it better when you drive along the road. It probably won't take long now for them to finish the slide layouts.

There was a massive crane at the mountain site today that i saw on the way home... Itd be good to see some construction start on the actual mountain...
There were some guys up there doing work today. I think you will find that construction up there will occur more when they have completed the construction of the slides. One slide is completely finished now too by the way.

I think its good they're updating that side of the park because the rides were getting kinda dodgy and slow. This is a bit off topic but its funny-I was waiting in line for Terror canyon and a rat ran under my feet from the raised wooden area looking over the end of the slides. It was hilarious everyone was laughing at me because I fully sprung up onto the bars feet and all. But yes I'm excited to see what they have planned they should also put some rat traps down.

Hey Guys just a Update on the Surf Rider Apparently they have been working really hard on this to get it up and running for these next school holidays but they have had some problems with the tracks not actually lining up. Not sure if it will impact on the opening but I heard late September we can Expect it to open. They haven't been able to run test or anything.

It is going to look soooo different now when you line up etc. I'm so used to the mountain that I can't picture it looking any other way. Despite it being a water park, I always found those cold water drops from the ceiling in the flumes line up area really annoying so I guess that may be an upside to this for me hehe.

Edited by roxon101

I seen this today as I walked past Donut King. Wet 'N' Wild Surfrider Combo Surf's Up with Donut King and Wet'N'Wild Visit your favourite Donut King for the month of September and purchase a Surfrider Combo. Receive a FREE entry form to go into the draw and WIN the major prize. 1 of 5 Holidays to the Gold Coast staying at Sea World Resort and be one of the first to ride the amazing NEW Surfrider at Wet'N'Wild! * Second prize is 1 of 5 limited edition surfrider surfboards. * Runners up will receive 1 of 20 passes to Wet'N'Wild on the Gold Coast Hurry limited time only - see instore for details. surfriderlargeeh9.th.jpg