Wet'n'Wild: New 2007 Attraction

mattcrombie

I would expect a Rocket or Bowl to compete with WWW, but that's excellent news. Thanks for the picture. I really hope Movie World adds another attraction this year. It is a smart move by WnW to add attractions later in the year, it may convince annual pass holders to purchase another pass.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If WnW builds a new slide this year in addition to the Half Pipe then I think WhiteWater World will seriously need to look at fast tracking their expansion plans. A lot of people are already swayed by WnW's current larger size but with these potential new additions there will be no competition. I just can't see WWW and Dreamworld keeping up at the moment... it is becoming clear that Macquarie Leisure is adverse to any major capital expenditure while Village can't get enough of it

Now... things are going to get interesting...
I Agree!! I really hope that WnW gets some thing very new. Something that will revolutionise the waterpark industry (I can dream i guess). They'll probably get a second hand slide from another defunct park! ;) Anyway, If I was to choose I would get another tower up in H20 Zone. Put a bowl in the middle and 2 tubed speed slides, wrapping around the bowl. The new tower could be called, Storm, and the bowl called, The Hurricane, and the 2 speed slides, Thunder Run and Lightning Strike. B) What do ya guys think? CoAsTeRbOy8

Yeah, thats what I have been thinking of almost exactly, as the turbo tunnel and body bowl type slides are something I have been wanting to see for a while, perhaps something similar to this: post-88-1175297941_thumb.jpg Only the 3 tall body slides on the right though, not the other four raft rides. As for the names, well they sound a bit cliche, something non weather event or water related would be a fresh change.

Edited by Gazza

I think that type of slide complex in the pic you posted Gazza would be PERFECT for WhiteWater World. I mean, just look at the colour scheme! Not to mention the fact that a slide complex like this is one of the things WWW is seriously lacking at the moment. Something really huge with a bit of length, rather than just over in 2 seconds. They could start with the massive turbo tunnels and then add dark mammoth slides off the same tower as another attraction a year or 2 later

I was thinking WnW should make one of the mammoth rivers they have enclosed. But i guess that would make the queues a bit one sided.. If WnW gets some damn conveyor belts for their rides and a bowl it will definently be better than WWW. By the way.. does anyone know what they are doing to the Terror Canyons? last time i saw half the slide had been taken out and the bridge when you walk up to the volcano thing was half gone. Just heavy maintinence I guess.

I was thinking WnW should make one of the mammoth rivers they have enclosed. But i guess that would make the queues a bit one sided.. If WnW gets some damn conveyor belts for their rides and a bowl it will definently (sic) be better than WWW.
I actually wondered why they didn't do that in the first place since it would have still doubled the capacity, but would have given them another new ride to market, notice the second mammoth falls didnt really have any marketing. It might make queues a bit one sided, but if the line got too short for the original one, then people would start gravitating towards that and the queues would even up. But now, Id rather see WWW build a dark mammoth, in keeping with their theme it could be called something like "Night Rider" and be 'themed" (if you can call any of WWWs rides that) to surfing at night.
By the way.. does anyone know what they are doing to the Terror Canyons? last time i saw half the slide had been taken out and the bridge when you walk up to the volcano thing was half gone. Just heavy maintinence (sic) I guess.
They have been doing that since when I was there, maybe that is the 'new' attraction? Edited by Gazza

Maybe WnW are replacing it for something newer seeing as something very similar has opened up next door (Black Hole). Personally, I liked Terror Canyon better. But If a new ride was the case.. It will be interesting to see how they position it and whether or not it will come out of the volcano. But then again.. maybe just maintenance ;) edit: I went there yesterday and there was what looks to be brand new pieces of the slide put in. Still wasn't open though.

Edited by roxon101

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the reason the forums are so quiet is because its no longer peak season and we are still only at the early stages of construction. We have also been spoilt a bit with a water park to watch the progress of last year, making this year pale in comparison. It should be more interesting when the two coasters and the southern star start going vertical.

An article in the paper today is celebrating Wet N Wild's Millionth Customer. They also talked about how Wet N Wild has had a record year and which it catapulted into the third most attended water park in the world behind Disneyworlds Blizzard beach and Typhon Lagoon. They were happy to announce that the Slogan Wet N Wild 'Biggest and Best' has worked exceptionally well for them. Also they mentioned they would step up in competition to rival White Water World and open 2 new attractions this year in September school Holidays. They said they will make an announcement in the not too distant future on what to expect. We all know its the Halfpipe and some kind of Waterside. Anyone know what kind? The Gold Coast Bulletin 24th May.

Edited by mattcrombie