Wonderland Sydney Update!

Nightshifter

I definitely agree with Richard on this one. I doubt those numbers would be false. Overall, Wonderland still gets a pretty good attendance no matter what people on hear would like to believe. I have heard that even the mid week attendance has been pretty good lately. And as Richard said, all parks have quite a large number of quiet days during the year. They go from one extreme to the next. Wonderland does benefit from big group bookings though, in particular school groups. Is it really possible that wonderlands attendance is increasing? I have heard from a few sources that it is. Seems like they hardly have to lift a finger to get more people through the door. What is the explanation for this? Surely if the Gold Coast parks didn't add anything for 10 years their numbers would truly dwindle?! Now as long as we continue to look at Wonderland objectively, these forums will remain fair. Let's not get too caught up in emotions (particularly aggression).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point about including Wildlife Park numbers is very valid. Very interesting. Would they do that? Rich, I only asked was it possible to fix the attendance numbers? I never said they have. Maybe it wasn't worded as well as it should have been. All I said was I find those numbers very hard to believe. You're saying 'single person'. That's not true either. I'm telling you right here and now that you are wrong about no current employees posting. Is it possible they would say this because of fear of reprisal? Absobloodylutely. You seem to think I hate the place. That's not true. I hate things they do and have done but I don't hate it, maybe 1 or 2 particular people, then again even hate is a strong word. I am only telling you how it is on this forum that I find park numbers hard to believe. Some of the people contributing to this forum know first hand and they're just giving their side, just like you are.

roll Please Please Please and Please! Richard! How do you know if Im not a current or ex employee of wonderland? For someone to say on this forum that " if current employees were to post some of the things suggested they shouldnt be employed by Wonderland". How wrong is that statement! How can you justify yourself with that remark! I have gathered you havent worked there before or havent been to the park in quite some time. All I can say is you shouldnt post some of the remarks you have posted then! "So wonderland are bending the truth to IAAPA here, not a few ex employees" The above statement is so sarcastic I would of thought that a 3 year old would of thought something up like that. Mate, its true I wouldnt be surprised if wonderland are saying those figures because they seem to lie about things all the time take my word for it. Maybe you forgot to put a minus in front of those figures. I am not bad mouthing the place and Ive got no reason to, but people who posts things like that really cheez me off! Most of the people there are genuine and really pride themselves in there work. So sorry to dissapoint you yes there are more current employees that post on this website than ex employees! And i am not BENDING THE TRUTH and yes I could be a EX EMPLOYEE or CURRENT one so you really dont know hey! wink wink wink wink

I stand by that comment I made. If you are so dissatisfied with your employment that you must post some of the things that have been said. I'm not talking about attendance figures; I'm talking about some of the degrading comments to Wonderland's management. Call me strange, but if I were an employee that felt that a park was as "completely screwed" as has been the overall suggestion (whether this is management, attendance, park conditions or otherwise), I'd be the first to resign. And similarly, if I were running any business and had employees turning around and saying some pretty distasteful things about it, then they're certainly not the sort of people I'd want representing my business. I don't want to go through this thread and quote a list of things various people have said that certainly aren't the sort of things that a current employee should say (and indeed, not all were even made by people who are or were employed by the park). Just because the job finishes at 5pm every day doesn't mean that after then anything said doesn't count. I'm not talking about freedom of speech or anything, just some basic pride in what you do. Really, if you (referring to nobody) were an employee at Wonderland, and saying some of the things that have been said here, then I really don't think Wonderland is the place for you - for the sake of yourself and the park. I thought it might also be worthwhile pointing out that research has shown that sarcasm is not understood by children until around the age of five, so I guess a three year old couldn't have thought that up. So, Wonderland Sydney has altered their attendance records, putting them into "class 4", which means they're up against bigger parks, with bigger advertising budgets and covering a greater market. Yep, sounds like a sure way to win prestigious IAAPA awards. That was sarcasm. Look, we can discuss other issues regarding Wonderland, but I'd like to think that we've pretty well come to the conclusion that the attendance isn't as bad as one might suggest.

Joz... you definitely made a good point. It is quite likely that Wonderland would count wildlife park attendance in their overall park attendance figures. The wildlife park is basically counted as one of Wonderland's themed lands, not a totally separate facility. From what I hear though, a large number of families are still happy to fork out the bucks to enter the main park. And yes, if some of the people posting overly negative comments here are employees then you really do need to get out. A good work ethic is important for everyones sake and you should never bite the hand that feeds you. Afterall, they have given you a job. However, a little constructive criticism can go along way (whether it's from employees or not)... just leave the aggression out of it.

I would say for sure that the numbers that are being quoted by the IAAPA about WS are true. Its not just a matter of picking a number and giving it to them, those sorts of things would be checked. Its just like any incorporated company, you have to report to the Government every year and things like attendance need to be provided. This also works the same with Insurance, banks and everything like that so they would be the numbers. I would also be pretty certain that yes this does include the Wildlife park figures. Its pretty easy to pick up numbers there because you might have a whole heap of coaches come through for only a few hours each in one day. On thing to be said about attendance though... Yes it may still be quite easy for WS to generate resonable attendance numbers and YES they may be quite high at the moment compared to times in the past. However, I would be more interested to look at the REPEAT ATTENDANCE figures. It is easy in any business to get a customer once, but you have to provide them with a decent product to get them to keep coming back to you... Its this I think we should all be looking at as oposed to straight up single day attendance numbers...

I think I said before, if WLP numbers are being included, they'll definitely hit the grade 4 or whatever the heck it is. In the themepark itself, I sh*t you not when I say they struggle for 100 most non holiday and weekend days though. I'm not lying, I promise. I don't have a vendetta against them either. Whatever problems I may have had in the past are gone. He went not long after me. Shame that. :twisted: