LW Issues

cadboy

Just to quote what you said Gazza "So that info in the pdf is actually false because there are a few SLCs with a horizontal loop/bayen curve/bonus helix or whatever you want to call it....LW is not the only one." It's not acctually false if you read it properlly it say's that leathal weapon is the only suspended looping coaster in australia. It doesn't say its the only SLC with a horizontal loop/bayen curve/bonus helix.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lethal Weapon is the only ride of its type with the Bayern Curve – a horizontal loop – dubbed the “Aussie Curve” by the manufacturer because the park is the first to incorporate it in a sensational new coaster experience.
My mistake. I had just interpreted what Cadboy had quoted...I had thought they were suggesting they were the only SLC to have a Bayern Curve.
What closure exactly did you give with that incredibly low res grainy (ie can't see squat) picture?
Camera was on the highest setting (2048X1436) but unfortunately it is quite dark in where the friction wheels are...I deliberately brightened the dark part of the tone curve just to bring out what is in the darkness a bit. Look in the white oval outline, and you can just see the shape, and shine coming off one of the friction wheels. They are indeed there, but that is the best I could show it.

Another question reguarding LW. What happens if the ride is emergency stopped not on the chainlift. How does it stop. If anyone has seen the movie 'Three Nijas, High Noon at Mega Mountain' they will no that a rollercoaster stops upside down in the middle of a vertical loop because Medusa presses a button which locks the wheels and stopps the ride within a few seconds. Is this what happens in real life if so how? Cheers,

^Yup. Coasters don't have brakes in the car, there are only brakes mounted on the track. In the event of an E stop on a coaster each set of brakes closes immediatley, and generally cant be opened again until key is used to get the ride out of lockdown. Because all the brakes are closed, any cars/trains on the track will just keep going until they get to the next set of brakes, and will be brought to a stop. The brakes are always placed so that when the brakes are released a car/train will be able to make it to the end of the ride under its own energy; look in the background of this pic, and you can see the way the mid course brakes are at the top of a hill. Having brakes inside the cars/trains wouldn't work, if the E stop was pressed when the car/train stopped at the bottom of a hill there would be no way to get it going again without towing it to the end of the ride with a winch or a crane...Or what if the car was stopped in an inversion...clearly no good.

You are right about the track brakes http://www.rcdb.com/ig649.htm?picture=7 This is all just speculation, but it seems that with most powered coasters the lowest point of the ride is pretty much at ground level anyway, so if it somehow was in the wrong bit of the course when the power was cut it would probably just valley...not that it would be that much of an issue since it could just be driven out when the power is switched back on.

• 9 months later...

Just a quick question i my self havn't heard plus i cant seem to find out as to why lethal Weapon is now under a 2nd Maintenance Period for this year very unusual for the ride having already had a major maintenance with china town touch ups ect. Does anyone know why there is now a 2nd one and i thought this might have been mentioned earlier or someone would have realized.

Just a quick question i my self havn't heard plus i cant seem to find out as to why lethal Weapon is now under a 2nd Maintenance Period for this year very unusual for the ride having already had a major maintenance with china town touch ups ect. Does anyone know why there is now a 2nd one and i thought this might have been mentioned earlier or someone would have realized.
wouldnt you be able to find out for us since you work there? :huh: