2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

WhiteWater World may have been announced in November 2005, but i'm fairly sure that WVTP knew about the park well before that as it has been in the pipelines so to speak for quite some time with rumors starting in 2003 about a new waterpark within the Dreamworld precinct. It was probably all planned, but I don't think they were originally planned to open within quick succession of each other. Maybe like 1 ride a year sort of thing.

I saw something today @ Dreamworld which I think could add a bit of ummm what's it called? Ugh, I just forgot what it's called. Suspicion? Rumors? I dunno, but, it'll be something to add to the burning fire for the (hopefully) non-thrill ride. I'll let you know tomorrow once I've done the write up for Zendorphin first. :P EDIT: Thought of word. 'Speculation'. All better now.

Edited by Bmull19

I saw something today @ Dreamworld which I think could add a bit of ummm what's it called? Ugh, I just forgot what it's called. Suspicion? Rumors? I dunno, but, it'll be something to add to the burning fire for the (hopefully) non-thrill ride. I'll let you know tomorrow once I've done the write up for Zendorphin first. :P EDIT: Thought of word. 'Speculation'. All better now.
Well I'm sure as hell glad I wasted time reading that. Please don't post stupid shit like that. Hey guys, I went to movieworld the other day and I saw someone with a ladder. Surely this means a new coaster will be built by next week right? Guys?

I'll tell you what guys, i'm heading to Dreamworld tomorrow... I'm going to take a super exclusive photo of the construction and tell everyone about how much of a rumor it will start. But first I need to post it on my site, my facebook and every other site and then here. In case you aren't aware, I was being sarcastic. But I am heading down tomorrow, and I know what to look for. There has been some construction work between the back of AVPX and Tiger Island (where the gate is near Nick Stuff) I will post the pictures tomorrow night after my visit :)EDIT: OMG!! No way!? A ladder... maybe this is for the new B+M WingRider that Movie World is getting to replace the Looney Tunes river ride. It's going to be themed to Tweety flying away from Sylvester! I'll get some construction pics ASAP!

Edited by Spotty

Ok but seriously, i was driving by the other day and that servo that's next door had a lot of big trucks parked there. I think this is definite proof that a huge delivery was made recently!!! I got really excited so pulled over and asked one of the truckies what he was hauling and he said it was none of my business.. There you have it!!! Proof that Dreamworld are building a woodie. I mean, why would there be so much secrecy about some trucks parked near Dreamworld if it wasn't for a rollercoaster! They smelt like wood - the trucks did! So this is definitive proof. Also, one of the truckies was eating an Easter egg and wearing a boating cap, so we can probably deduce that the woodie will be open by easter and that it's going to be onthe lake near the paddle wheeler!!! Big news guys and I totally had to share this!!!! Now, pure speculation on my part, but I think the trains are going to be painted black with red stripes! What do you think? And I don't want to fuel the rumours, but that ladder you saw is actually Part of the lethal weapon demolition. They are taking out a few bolts every day slowly, and then are just going to close it once they only have a few bolts left. I was told all this by a staff member who was cleaning some vomit off the sidewalk near lethal so it must be true! The obviously high up employee also told me that the river ride is actually goin to reopen as the river ride II, and the boats will be going BACKWARDS!!! how sweet will this be!!!

That would be awesome Gazza!! Come on, 5398 more posts to go!!!! Oh Hang on... The majority of those 5398 members were probably spoken down to by overzealous board administrators and couldnt be bothered dealing with it anymore. Funny that hey... 5400 members but only a handful of actual posters... Each to their own I guess hey Gazza? You must feel so proud to be an administrator of a board with so Many members but so few active posters... Just out of interest.. Why do you guys think that is?? It certaintly can't be the warm and fuzzy feeling posters get from you can it? Or do you prefer sealing off this community from outsiders, or those who think or react differently from you? So come on, my 5398 Brothers and sisters, come and post. I don't think they will... Better to be dictater of 20 then run a democracy of 5398 ? Back on topic - I've never ridden a woodie before.. For those of you who have ridden a woodie - what's the big difference ? Why all the excitement about a wooden coaster?

Edited by aussienetman

5399.... So I farted last week - so that must mean that Dreamworld have just hired a new manager who will totally revolutionise the processes for removing bird shit from their food and beverage areas... In totally unrelated news, Movie World to hire 1800 security guards to prevent home video cameras from shooting hygiene exposee's in Rick's Cafe.

Nate, I'm not too fussed about what people post, so long as its well written. I think there's definitely theme park sites out there with more zealous mods than us. Its not as if I went and deleted anything. We even let you say fuck if you want to on here! Was merely making a statement about originality in humour, not whether people should post or not. 300ft launched aqua-trax with wings etc....

Edited by Gazza

We even let you say fuck if you want to on here!
Not sure why - but when you say it like that, it just seems... like it isn't a great selling point of the forums...? Now i don't wish to backseat moderate here - but can we take the last 10 or so replies, and move them into a chit chat thread - because there is nothing on topic here...

*Points at people's sudden urge to attack anyone who posts something the slightest out* That's why there's only a handful of posters. And any other possible thread on here, Im sure you can find people attacking others for their own opinion, such as what happened on the TOTII thread.... :rolleyes:

My post was on topic. Why the love for a woodie? What's the big drawcard? Also bmull, I thought your post was stupid because the amount of time It took to post that you could have just posted "hey, when I was on the train I saw a pirate flag where the water slides use to be" Moving forward, I wouldnt put it past dw to create a water play zone Aka castaway bay. How much did that cost Seaworld?

I wouldn't put it past Dreamworld to make one, but, I hope they don't, kind of. Because it's pretty much just taking something that another park is already offering, and in my eyes, cancels them out, unless one is better than the other. I'd rather see the money spent into something different. But can we really base all the speculation off of new concrete, some footers and a pirate ship mask?

Don't get me wrong - I know it's a giant leap of faith to go from "pirate flag" to "castaway bay" clone! A part of me kinda hopes dw will put out clues about the new attractions! Clues are more exciting then just a flat media release with all the details. Third time asking this now - why do you guys want a woodie??? What's the appeal? If admin wants to create a new topic to keep this chat separate that's cool. I truly am curious what makes a woodie so good? Nate

Plus they look nice.
I guess that comes down to preference really. I would assume to the general population, wood coasters seem old and outdated. Average joe isn't going to care if there's steel rods running through the wood to hold it all together (I know it's actual wood) or if it's the latest technology, he's likely to look at it and go "wow - old and outdated, where's the steel coaster at?" Personally having never seen a wood coaster up close, from the pictures I've seen, sometimes they look nice, sometimes the supports look like they get in the way of everything else. Plus we know what Dreamworld's like with their in-park advertising, look what happened with the Cyclone queue, would they really want giant supports blocking part of the view of the park? I'm seeing this new ride as being more kid-themed if it is a coaster. They'll market it as the latest and greatest thrill ride just like motocoaster, then a few months later MW can release a better version of the same thing to replace the Loony Tunes river ride. As for this pirate mask thing, let's say they do turn Blue Lagoon back into a water area, not only are they competing against themselves with WWW, but surely if it was somehow pirate themed Seaworld would be able to sue them for something wouldn't they?

As for this pirate mask thing, let's say they do turn Blue Lagoon back into a water area, not only are they competing against themselves with WWW, but surely if it was somehow pirate themed Seaworld would be able to sue them for something wouldn't they?
Yer, they would be competing with themselves, but really, I think they'd do it so that WWW still has the full blown water rides, and this is more of a water-play-feature, where you don't get fully wet, like Cast Away Bay. And that's like saying Dreamworld can sue Sea World for the Jet Rescue or Wet N Wild for the Flow Rider. IMO.