Expansions start at Jamberoo Action Park

• 4 months later...

Geez that Tornado layout looks fantastic!

It is Gazza. Jamberoo is my local theme park. It is so fun. It's not too big so you can get everything done in a day. I've ridden the funnel web so many times. It is pitch black inside the slide (jamberoo has this thing with the dark) and that helix before the drop. You can realy feel it. The whole ride is amazing. What jamberoo needs to add in kangeroo island is some more singular slides like splash out. The slides in banjos billabong don't count. More singular slides would work well.

I think they've actually gone with the opposite to your suggestion for the master plan and have chosen more multi person rides, because they have better capacity and hence move the lines faster on busy days.

I understand but single person slides are still fun. Like the ones at wet n wild in QLD. A bunch of them like that would work well

I would have thought that the expansion plans and Stage 2 for Jambaroo would be accelerated due to WNW Sydney's opening at the end of year. Can anyone confirm if they will be opening Stage 2 for this season?? Does anyone have timeframes?

Stage 2 is next season. Every second year they will add a few more rides

They may wish to accelerate the plans, but if their financial model doesn't allow for the additional capital (or the manufacturer's are unwilling to slot them into their manufacturing timeframe) they may have no choice but to wait it out as planned.

Considering the plans they had when I last visited - some 6 or so years ago, they've cut back alot on the original design...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jamberoo was tonight featured on Sydney Weekender. Part of the segment had a 5 second interview with the owner in in it he said "Our next stage includes a Lazy River and another ride to //////////////". (Can't remember the last part).

In the development plan it shows a new lazy river, with three new slides being built. I'm not sure in which order This is all happening on the left side of the chairlift. Seems to me that they are getting rid of the old body slides.

EDIT: The picture was posted here before...

post-1244-0-37299900-1340788851.jpg

Edited by AllegroCrab

If I were a betting man I'd say the Behemoth bowl/tantrum combo would be next to come. (I'm surprised they are incorporating a Tantrum Alley into the bowl slide, and then the blue and green one right beside it).

The pipework, start tower and provision for the splash pool are already in place, so adding it in should require the least amount of work with respect to all potential rides in the master plan. It also has the benefit of not being something not offered at WnW Sydney.

Theme wise, (And if the run with the brown colour scheme illustrated and their penchant for Australian animal related names) I reckon they could call it "Eagles Nest".

Edited by Gazza