Overdrive Movie World

gdalby96

Excellent... Was heading down this Saturday already... Will be interesting to see something a little different.

Weren't they originally planning to have large ramps for the cars in the arena when HWSD first started up? Sure I saw it in a tv commercial or promo pic somewhere...

Excellent... Was heading down this Saturday already... Will be interesting to see something a little different.

Weren't they originally planning to have large ramps for the cars in the arena when HWSD first started up? Sure I saw it in a tv commercial or promo pic somewhere...

Yeah the original plan was to have the cars jumping ramps as they do in Lights, Motors Action at Disney World. I think they scraped the idea due to space and budget.

Thanks for that themeparkgc. I am going with maintenance being the main factor... Considering what they do already, and those ramps being further back (if that is where they would be placed) safety doesn't seem like it would be much of an issue. Would love to see them do a rehash of the show after Overdrive to include a little more stunt work... Why not have a guy in maintenance uniform do a high fall when the cars go up top for the finale? Have the motorcycle rider catch on fire when he rides through it... Take the best of both worlds, merge some of the longest running stunt show in the world, give it a nod and bring some of those features into their new show...

Wow, just saw that the price for a locals VIP pass is the same price as general entry... and the VIP pass includes one free white christmas... that's so strange

I don't really think so - consider this - a single day ticket is an anonymous purchase, and you're only in the park for the day.

Where the parks make their real money is in repeat visit and marketing. If you buy a VIP pass (which you will, because it's better value than a single day ticket), the park gets your name, address, email address etc - which they can then use to add to their marketing base. On top of that, the pass means you can re-enter more than once - and buy more food, merchandise, lockers... etc.

It's not weird, it's smart.

I don't really think so - consider this - a single day ticket is an anonymous purchase, and you're only in the park for the day.

Where the parks make their real money is in repeat visit and marketing. If you buy a VIP pass (which you will, because it's better value than a single day ticket), the park gets your name, address, email address etc - which they can then use to add to their marketing base. On top of that, the pass means you can re-enter more than once - and buy more food, merchandise, lockers... etc.

It's not weird, it's smart.

That's so tricky

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got down to the park... The show was, well not what I expected... The cars and bikes were out together for a few minutes at the beginning at which time the bikes jumped both cars parked side to side at the front of the stunt arena before the cars and one of the FMX guys peeled out.

We were then left with 2 FMX bikes doing a few jumps in front of the screen for about 10-15 mins before the cars and other guy come back out for a few minutes and then the show is over.

Was hoping for a bit more interaction between all the vehicles, but getting to the park and it is advertised as "FMX Showtime's Overdrive" sort of lead to believe it would be FMX orientated.

Even throwing in a lose storyline about the cars chasing the bikes would have lent a bit more to it than basically watching the same show they have done for almost the last 10 years at the Ekka... Just my thoughts.