2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

I would like to see a facelift on log ride or rapids. On the river rapids you'd only have to give it a theme and fix up the rapids. The log ride same thing give it a theme, use the cave as a feature of the chosen theme, use paint where possible and put a larger water fountain where that shit little one is now.

One thing they need to do sooner rather than later is add some sort of edge strip on the new stairs they added to walk up to Shockwave... Watched 3 people in under 2 minutes today fall down them... Whose smart idea was it to put them there in the first place??? Stairs on a path in a theme park... Also the tent that was near Wipeout has moved back next to the stairs and still has the hair wraps text on it... More painting occurring today mainly for the underside of the stairs and walk platforms.

Come on themeparkmagician cyclone doesn't give you bruises. Yes cyclone has shit theming and is a little rough but not to the point of bruising. Seaviper is rougher than cyclone.

What are you doing on the ride in order to come off with bruised legs and arms??

What are you hitting your arms on to cause bruises?? And as for your legs? No idea how you are gettjng bruises

They weren't overly bad and I have only gotten them twice (Arm was near shoulder, hit on the restraint, and leg was just below knee). But I am just making a point that the seating and ride itself is uncomfortable, thats why it needs fixing/changing.

Like the claw and Shockwave? Haha

I don't think they need it. Yes Claw needs a fresh coat of paint, but I think that is all it needs.

Getting them developed??

Nah I had to sort through them and now they're uploading to an external site. Shouldn't be too much longer. It'll be a pretty decent size update from my day.

About the update... I might just jump the gun and say I'm 90% sure we're getting a Power Surge based off different information given and what I saw today.

Edited by downunder191

Sorry about the delay, I ended up leaving it and went to sleep (I'm on a slow internet connection at the moment). Here it is now though!

While reading this please bare in mind that I haven't been to either of the parks since late last year so some of the stuff I post may be outdated. Also, I have been following this thread but I may have missed some stuff and post it here so forgive me for that. On to the photos...

DSC_0021_zpse6bfdeb5.jpg

After riding The Wedgie again I have given up hope on body slides, except for Aqualoops due to the aqua packs.

DSC_0015_zpsffb00971.jpg

The Green Room's sign has definitely seen better days.

DSC_0051_zps59de9569.jpg

The BRO looks like it's in need of a fresh coat of paint. It was in rotation with The Rip but all 8 lanes were open!

DSC_0052_zpsdf52d1fb.jpg

*Drumroll*

DSC_0053_zpsf1445b0f.jpg

Work going on under The Rip for the new slide's pumps.

DSC_0059_zpsc982eedb.jpg

The main area of construction, hard to see what's happening.

DSC_0056_zps979093c0.jpg

Still not easy to see but there were four or five large footers going in place.

DSC_0054_zpsb303cf02.jpg

But look at it from above... There were four or five of those concrete footers so surely it looks like a tornado alley of some description.

DSC_0064_zps0e218c8d.jpg

With the construction of the new slide you can get some unique views of Cyclone down the service road.

DSC_0067_zpsba175347.jpg

Really liked this photo...

EDIT: This is only about a third of what I have to post but it won't let me post anymore. Maybe after someone else replies it might work?

Edited by downunder191

Good photos. I think by the end of next month parts of the slide will have arrived and it can start to be joined together.

There is already piping on site so yeah should be.

- - -

DSC_0078_zpsc6464ad5.jpg

Reef Diver is in pieces in the car park behind White Water World

DSC_0093_zpsdba9658c.jpg

Wipeout!

DSC_0094_zps02d20044.jpg

Repainted the entry building.

DSC_0095_zps59027638.jpg

Really see how close the new path will be.

DSC_0098_zpsadc297c9.jpg

Overview of the area.

DSC_0101_zpsf5e0fe25.jpg

More of the wave.

DSC_0096_zps462dd26d.jpg

Wipeout.

DSC_0100_zps211c476b.jpg

The Hot Dog stand has moved from the fountain.

DSC_0099_zps38c24fe2.jpg

The path is pretty dull at the moment.

DSC_0097_zpse321f760.jpg

The stairs leading to Shockwave.

DSC_0092_zps2fd21661.jpg

Onto this.

The following photos are from the construction site of the new ride. Although it's hard to see there is a large concrete footer in the corner closest to the Cyclone entrance. It looks like we'll most likely be seeing a Power Surge there sometime soon.

DSC_0103_zpse38f0bb6.jpg

DSC_0104_zps46a48e57.jpg

DSC_0105_zpsa4edf567.jpg

DSC_0106_zps157e7e33.jpg

DSC_0111_zps0ed60011.jpg

Might not be new, but I can't recall seeing this before. Looks relatively new anyway.

DSC_0151_zpsc18a063c.jpg

Favourite photo in (out?) the park.

DSC_0137_zps4e8611b8.jpg

This one isn't too bad either.

DSC_0143_zps75204a33.jpg

Again, not sure how new these are but they were at White Water World behind the entrance too.

DSC_0147_zps68b9972e.jpg

Still no logo to be seen at the entrance either.

Sorry if some of you thought this update is a bit long but I hope you find it somewhat beneficial to what's going on in the parks.

Considering the sign says putting a spin on things and we were told supposedly it is coming from Italy (still not 100% sure of that fact) it appears to be a flat ride from Zamperla. Considering the park's past with the company I find it likely to be true. Although it's hard to see in the photos there is a single footer in one corner of the site. On pretty much all of Zamperla's thrill rides there are like Pandamonium in the way that they rotate around a central point and have a large round concrete footprint. But, when you look at a Power Surge is has a large concrete base for guests to board on but the ride's structure is bolted to the ground in a smaller footprint off to the side. So it looks like the ride will be a Power Surge with its base in the direction of Flowrider and loading on the Shockwave side. I hope that made sense but its my explanation to why I think so.