Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Proslide because of Reckless Loony and Reckless Loony is never wrong.

Before Abyss I would have said, yeah it'll be just a Tornado, but I really like the idea of a Hybrid of some sort. That Magnetic Mammoth Tornado looks great.

http://www.proslide.com/rides/hydromagnetic-mammoth-tornado-60/

I'm also looking forward to the great job they're going to do on the themeing.

From Adventure World's latest Throwback Thursday. Note: The change rooms below the chair lift were knocked down before they had to build Abyss. There's no Kahuna Falls or the Cabanas by the pool either.

Didn't they have Terminator and Prison Break in the change rooms years and years ago? Or were they somewhere else?

There was a great picture posted to Adventure World's Facebook Page today. It's circa the 1980s and you can make out the big pool and its pump-house. The footpath on the left of the shot is the one that is next to the speed slides in modern times. What I can't work out is, what's that big Dinosaur statue thing in the foreground?

post-2597-0-78129200-1431426834_thumb.jp

Some curious pictures from this afternoon. Was in a bit of a rush, as I just went to see the new Mad Max movie. The focus in the shot I took from across Bibra Lakes is very dodgy (my apologies), but you can just make out an orange building frame half way up the hill. You can kind of see the curving route of the ride, too. They also look to be driving pylons for the foundation at the top.

post-2597-0-85217300-1431694095_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-94855300-1431694169_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-43985900-1431694246_thumb.jp

Morning

Brrrr, in the words of John Snow, "winter is cumin" in fact, it feels like it arrived last weekend!

Quick update for you. piling on site is 90% complete. Steel is in Fremantle port. Glass arrives around 23rd June on sight. Theming works commence off shore this week. logo development well underway (yes, it has a name other than MI2!) Marketing creative also well under way. Its a monster! (literally). ;)

In other news, more shade, cabanas, upgrades to park aesthetics and music quality will ensue over the coming months. A lot of the feedback picked up here from various visits has been incorporated into our winter upgrade plans so thanks to everyone for your input. I believe Today tonight will run a story on the development of "the monster" as they did with Abyss although this is not confirmed.

AW has also just yesterday been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for the first time which of course the team here are very happy about!

Catch up in a few weeks time.

Mark

No Freefall in sight. Nice sunset, though.

Couldn't help but notice that Adventure World's Throwback Thursday referred to the slide as costing $7 million.

As we continue our journey down memory lane towards the launch of our $7m mega-slide (the steepest and longest of its kind on the planet!) on another ‪#‎throwbackthursday‬...

post-2597-0-16495000-1432302316_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-06142500-1432302500_thumb.jp

Freefall's gone? Good riddance, it was out of place compared to the other rides in terms of theming and was a nightmare for maintenance lately. AW would better off buy a new drop tower from Intamin or S&S.

​Hi

I agree with Mr YoshixX regarding the Freefall but for now the ride will remain for next season. The ride comes down every winter for the winter maintenance process.

https://www.facebook.com/AdventureWorldOfficialPage/videos/vb.92438924563/10153280084799564/?type=2&theater&notif_t=notify_me

Mark is doing the CEO sleepout for charity here in Perth.

Would be good if people from here could get behind him.

(brief mention of the $7 million slide again in the video)

Edited by grrofunger

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide