Parks During G20 long weekend

Mort

To be honest I think the heat was so oppressive on Sunday that it kept numbers down a little. WnW also had and almost full carpark on both Sat and Sun.

As for the Screamworld review; there are too many people, yet you got on 2 of the rides with minimal waiting, did a couple others and watched a show. What were you expecting from the night? You berate Screamworld for being a poorly run event, and cite too many flatrides, the fact that the rides close by 10 and it was over crowded. Just throwing it out there, but MW's events are roundly criticised for being over crowded, and they close their rides at 9pm. Also like MW, DW don't get new rides in at night.

As for the Screamworld review; there are too many people, yet you got on 2 of the rides with minimal waiting, did a couple others and watched a show. What were you expecting from the night? You berate Screamworld for being a poorly run event, and cite too many flatrides, the fact that the rides close by 10 and it was over crowded. Just throwing it out there, but MW's events are roundly criticised for being over crowded, and they close their rides at 9pm. Also like MW, DW don't get new rides in at night.

The line for Giant Drop was short due to Gold Rush being blocked off from Buzzsaw many guests didn't know it was open. I only got on Motorcoaster and Tailspin due to the single rider line. At Movie Worlds events there are more unique things to do like Mazes, Shows and Parades that you cannot see during daylight hours. Movie World events usually go 5.30 till 9, Screamworld went 6.30 to 10 so same amount of hours. I'm not used to Dreamworld being so popular. On my last day visits the only long line were Log Ride and Rapid Ride. I went to Screamworld last year and every ride was a walk on the the lazer show was impressive.

If every ride in the park is a walk on during a paid-premium entry event, then the park is doing something wrong. If as you say they now have queues (albeit with minimal waits) it sounds to me like the park has achieved a very good balance.

You always seem to be ultra critical of everything Gary. It doesn't sound like the event was much different if at all from any of the Movie World night time events - except that Dreamworld has more rides than Movie World.

When I went to Screameworld a couple of weeks, there queues were a reasonable length. The longest I waited for was 30 minutes (ToT) and the shortest was 5 minutes (Wipeout). I enjoyed the event, and despite it not being as good as Movie Worlds big events, but Screamworld is trying to be one of those events. For what it is, it is good, queues are reasonable and the night is worth the price.

Well, I got a reasonable bit done during Screamworld so you can hardly say the queues were extreme.

2 x Cyclone ( Was first person there and they couldn't fill up the train, waited 5 mins for enough people to show up) - Walk On
2 x Wipeout -2 Cycle Wait
1 x TOT2 - 30 mins wait

2 x Buzzsaw - 15 - 25 mins wait
4 x Giant Drop - 5 min wait

Well it seems like I met Garry86 at the Cyclone without realising it :P

Edited by nitromefans

I noticed they had staff blocking rapids area and Rivertown at both ends. No idea why they'd pay 4 people just for that, I feel sorry for them staying there doing nothing all night.

Oh and I was the guy with the blue striped shirt in the second row Garry. Got there bout the same time as you did.

Edited by nitromefans

I noticed in Rivertown they weren't watching the old paddle boat qheue - anyone could have snuck through...

In other news I got an email from Dreamworld with a survey. Good to see they are after park improvement ideas, one of the questions asked what you would like to see developed in Dreamworld / Whitewater World. I gave them quite a few great ideas.