Planet Coaster

Reanimated35

wow the scenarios get hard real fast. i'm at the 1st fairy tale scenario and it is HARD you start with literally 6k and have to get a monthly profit of 3k plus you have to go nuts with the scenery. i have practically every ride built and still can't achieve the 3k! so i now have to come up with a super coaster on a limited budget that guests will pay at least $10+ to ride!

@reanimated35, I like that you're using blueprint houses rotated in the spooky car ride, but just a tiny but of variation really helps. Just a minute on a tiny bit of colour variation in walls or roof tiles might be all that's required?

Can't play until later tonight, I'm spending tonight with Mrs and kid. Balance will keep me in good books.

Balance will keep me in good books.

Balance will keep me in good books. :blush:

I've noticed the trick with priority queues, is to not connect it back to the queue too close to the ride entry. Allow enough queue length between the re-join and the ride entry for a full coaster train worth of guests. This way there won't be any delays in getting guests to fill the gates in the station.

3 hours ago, Glubbo said:

@reanimated35, I like that you're using blueprint houses rotated in the spooky car ride, but just a tiny but of variation really helps. Just a minute on a tiny bit of colour variation in walls or roof tiles might be all that's required?

Yeah it's not finished yet. But might wait til the weekend. My HTC Vive showed up today. 

55 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

I've noticed the trick with priority queues, is to not connect it back to the queue too close to the ride entry. Allow enough queue length between the re-join and the ride entry for a full coaster train worth of guests. This way there won't be any delays in getting guests to fill the gates in the station.

exactly. would be better if it had it's own queue and entrance though they are a pain to add. and if you add them have to add them right away if you try to add them while the ride is open it will clear the queue.

Edited by bladex

@TomiJ - I quite liked Uthris' Alpha 3 Renaissance Fair, Silvarret's Grizzly Valley (Alpha 1 he was doing stuff very few could match), and E.A.G.L's Western Park in Beta was quite good.

If anyone's struggling with how to build coasters and stay true to the style of the manufacturer, Silvarret has started a series called Coaster College. So far he's done Woodies and Hybrid Woodies. Others are starting to upload their tutorial videos too.

Silvarret, Keralis and De-Lady-Signer have started a collaboration, a Polynesian themed park. They share the save file and release a video of their progress one player, one week at a time.

AdfoTV, Rudi Rennkamel, Freethebear and Pharohs started a group before them, and have called it Team Schematics. They've released only 2 videos so far.

Really?

Your loss then.

I've been thinking of making a park that's Dreamworld, but only the entry/fountain/train station/Rocky Hollow/Blue Lagoon/Gold Rush, in order for us to make out own Gold Rush/Blue Lagoon replacement. But making that would take me a few days with the ability I have to play PC. Want to make that for us, Bladex?

you can only play sandbox with no challenge so many times before you get bored silly. i'm not the only one that thinks this too on steam. also the lack of rides and shops don't help either. you can't even play maps you create in challenge mode it's sandbox OR GTFO...

Edited by bladex

I figure it's one of those games you can go back to months/years later and still enjoy. Up until PC was announced I was still playing RCT3 on and off again. I've never actually played scenario mode in either game. I just mess around making sub-par attractions in sandbox mode and never opening the park haha. 

I haven't tried much of the new update yet as I'm working on a western area in an existing park. Given I can't add the snow to the current biome, I'm not sure how soon I'll get to play with the new stuff in this park and I don't really want to start again.