Planet Coaster

Reanimated35

• 2 weeks later...

Great to hear!

Sadly my "main" park is killing my PC, it's only half built and not going to be that big of a park. My Graphics card is a year old, but my CPU/mobo/RAM are almost 4 years old and letting me down. It's got me running at under 10 FPS as the CPU can't deal with the processing of 1200 individual guests' decision making, path finding etc. The alpha currently inserts 200 guests per ride into the park. Thinking of deleting rides and focusing on themeing instead.

Might just make a new park, but think Aussie World in size, not Disney.

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Edited by Glubbo

A lot of the pros are keen for Alpha2. I coincidentally have that week off work.

My graphics card is the Radeon R9 200 Sapphire. My CPU is the weak, WEAK (don't laugh!) part of the system, a duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz and only 4GB of ram. I'm looking at my Tax Refund for a CPU/motherboard/RAM upgrade. I'm using a SSD and that helps only so much..

Here's my list of players to MUST watch. Links to their YouTube channels:

Others I check in on occasionally:

Lots of good stuff out there, check out the Planet Coaster Forums, the Planet Coaster Reddit and YouTube.

Planet Coaster post on Twitter and Facebook.

4 hours ago, Glubbo said:

A lot of the pros are keen for Alpha2. I coincidentally have that week off work.

My graphics card is the Radeon R9 200 Sapphire. My CPU is the weak, WEAK (don't laugh!) part of the system, a duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz and only 4GB of ram. I'm looking at my Tax Refund for a CPU/motherboard/RAM upgrade. I'm using a SSD and that helps only so much..

Here's my list of players to MUST watch. Links to their YouTube channels:

Others I check in on occasionally:

Lots of good stuff out there, check out the Planet Coaster Forums, the Planet Coaster Reddit and YouTube.

Planet Coaster post on Twitter and Facebook.

Ouch, only 4gb ram??!?!

3 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

update on my park, took these on my phone 

Looks good. 

1 hour ago, jjuttp said:

Nah, in RCT3 you could get a ground view of the park through the guests eyes, but it was limited as to where they wanted to go, unless you used the car cheat. Is it the same, or is there a full you-control guest cam?

There's a free view camera mode, where you can fly around and see the park from any angle you like. If you want, you can roleplay being a guest with this camera.

I've had no issues with jumping into a guest's head and looking around as they walk. The "1st person" mode is available, but the movement speed is not limited to guest speed, it's still at park design overall mode speed. Being in this mode won't lock you to guests' head height, if your angle of view is up or down you'll move towards that altitude.

Here's some fantastic work, the creator has even recreated an art piece of old docks in the game.

Paths look like they're easier to use, but I'm still really hoping for a way to make plazas in any shape I want. Pretty much just the ability to have square edges or sharp corners, as well as a way of connecting two areas of path together. For instance, in that livestream they have two shops next to each other, and the paths leading to them are separated. It'd be great to be able to fill that in and just have one flat surface.

Same goes for huge plazas, having to fill in the pointless gaps with plant beds when you want to build a plaza fatter than the thickest path is getting time consuming.