Fright Nights - 2015

I have a feeling that might be a panic room or something

Perhaps, not sure why they would place it in the middle of main street, lines would be a mess. I would have thought scooby would be ideal for what ever the 'Panic Room' is. Could the sign on the wooden wall just be a general 'Attraction coming soon' sign? 

Edited by maxito

it's possible... however it's also possible that the hoarding was previously painted red and white for some other reason - such as when it was used around the ice cream shop (pure speculation, i don't recall if they did) - i'm leaning this way at present because there is some plain wood there - if they did stripe it specifically for this particular hoarding, one wonders why they didn't stripe ALL of it, and left some with plain wood...

of course - it's also possible that they just didn't finish painting it last night, in which case I'd expect to see another photo of a fully-striped hoarding in the next few days...

kjsd.thumb.PNG.279dc747df283e608e7e51c32

The website has been updated and we have the first maze 'Friday the 13th'! Eager to find out the 3 others. Panic Rooms will cost extra but I will definitely give them a go. As for the Precincts there someone within these forums were right about Zombie Land, this will be an upgrade from a generic Zombie Scare Zone at least. Anyone have any guesses what the other 3 precincts may be and where would they go in the park? 

Edited by maxito

Hoping I can go, between sporting commitments, weddings and the annual Halloween USA trip - it's going to be tight.

The Ultimate Tour was the tipping point to get my coming up for the first time last year, here's hoping it's back.

Tickets for the UTT have become available again. You can purchase them here: https://themeparks.com.au/box-office/fright-nights.asp

Yeah Ultimate Terror Tours are back this year! it sucks that the Panic Rooms are not included within the tour from the booking list of things included but you never know they might be? Should be fun and it seems like Fright Nights are going all out more than ever this year :D

Hey guys i only just realized but it says on the booking of The Ultimate Terror Tour that park entry is not include! does this mean we have to pay extra on top of the $120 or what? I am so confused and need someone to clear this up

I can't remember... is this the first year that Movie World has announced the introduction of scare zones? I know they've had stuff on the way to the studios, but I can't remember if these were official scare zones or not?

Yes, last year they had Hillbillies Unleashed out the front of showstage ( as well as Western Town), Main Street is usually full of ghouls and the NightCrawlers and I do remember seeing the clowns take over the Scooby Doo court yard briefly. 

They did have 'Scare Precincts' last year but (My opinion) I wouldn't say they were very successful if they were supposed to be similar to Scare Zones. 

Yes, last year they had Hillbillies Unleashed out the front of showstage ( as well as Western Town), Main Street is usually full of ghouls and the NightCrawlers and I do remember seeing the clowns take over the Scooby Doo court yard briefly. 

I feel as though they could of done a lot better at making them identified as specific zones, and lacked in theming. They are advertised on the web page as a specific attraction instead of briefly stating that there will be Precincts like 2014. I think the Scare Precincts will be worked on a lot more and will be an overall improvement then previous years. 

Can anyone that has been on the UTT in previous years confirm that booking admission is needed as well? Thanks 

Edited by maxito

Did anyone do the UTT last year? I heard a rumour that during the cast briefing the guests were informed- In the mazes, the actors have a no touch policy but it was only effective inside the mazes and that was the cue for the maze cast to place a hand on your shoulder or smear fake blood on your arm. Was that just a rumour or did that actually happen? That's sounds creepy but funny. Wouldn't want Jason Voorhees to place his hand on my shoulder. 

Yeah, I did it last year too. I got a FN ticket with my VIP gold pass. Might need to upgrade my membership for this one. So excited! Hope the food is just as good or better this year, my fav was the grave cake with the white choc skulls. 

Thinking of going in the first or second week as it's cheaper.  

I hope with Scare Precincts that they use some areas like Arkham Asylum section at the back. There is lots of room there and could be used also one near Wild West falls could be done.

The trouble with a precinct in Arkham's Courtyard (now that Chinatown Alley is closed) is that the only reason you're there is because you've just gotten off the ride. It's a dead end, not likely to have high traffic flow, and probably a wasted opportunity.

Now if there was a path leading around behind Scooby to take you up towards a new woodie next to Wild West, that would make more sense... or at the very least - opening up ChinaTown Alley at least to scooby, if not to main street - which would then give people a reason to walk that way.

As for Wild West Falls - I'm not sure whether it was involved last year, but in past years, the entire western area (from the "Wild West Falls" Vulture sign) was fenced off. Something about nighttime, large bodies of water and alcohol service that just suggests it's not a very good idea to have that section open.

It's not insurmountable to use that area, whilst still having WWF isolated, but it then has a similar issue to the Arkham courtyard. If there is no reason for people to go up there, you're not going to have the traffic flow in the area to make it worth it.