Fright Nights - 2015

my comments were not hostile or sarcastic. I didn't reply to FM999 to avoid a silly forum battle.

Look at the context of your messages. " how do you go through life?" Or " high and mighty rubbish." It seems a little hostile to me and I'd appreciate it if you weren't like that towards me please. Second, the comment you made about dropping the measuring wheel in the maze came across as sarcastic. I'm not starting an argument. I'm just asking you to please not be sarcastic towards me or too put down other people's opinions that's all ? if you don't agree with them that's fine but don't put them down or immediately say that their opinions are wrong. That's all, man. No problem.

Edited by FoolishMortal999

This reminds me of that segment from Mad Magazine; Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions

I honestly don't give two hoots either way about it, but if a stupid question is asked then fire away. The question in question is a bit of a fine line. Wanting to know the actual dimensions would be a stupid question IMHO. How are we meant to know? But if it's in regards to the feeling of length in the maze, then I don't think a snappy answer would be all too justified.

At the end of the day, I think that this is one where both parties are right and wrong simultaneously. Was the question the best? No, not really but it's certainly not the most stupid/. Was the sarcasm justified? Well, yes and no. How about we leave it at that? 

Look at the context of your messages. " how do you go through life?" Or " high and mighty rubbish." It seems a little hostile to me and I'd appreciate it if you weren't like that towards me please. Second, the comment you made about dropping the measuring wheel in the maze came across as sarcastic. I'm not starting an argument. I'm just asking you to please not be sarcastic towards me or too put down other people's opinions that's all ? if you don't agree with them that's fine but don't put them down or immediately say that their opinions are wrong. That's all, man. No problem.

my last comment on this topic because I'm done with the ridiculousness of it all.

my 'high & mighty' and 'go through life comments' were not to you, and were said after you had posted I was hostile. 

Sarcasm is not rude, it's not offensive, It's just sarcasm. 

As far as I'm concerned you asked a ridiculous question, so I met it with an equally ridiculous answer. 

I also dont don't put down others comments unless they are ridiculous in nature with no grounding.

anyway, let's get back on topic, which is what I was trying to do before Push got involved 

I was there yesterday, and I was surprised to see the fountain is back to normal (the last time I was there it had an upside down car on it, which I had thought was going to be part of Fright Nights).

Anyway. Car gone. Fountain back. Anyone know what the car was for?

We had guessed it's a recreation of the first scene in Zombieland ( except in the film it's not on a water fountain). Movie World stated on their website that this is where the Zombieland scare precinct will take place. Also, the common theory is that they had set it up for the commercial then taken it down until it gets closer to the event. I'm sure it will be up in the next week-ish just before Fright Nights starts. 

I was there yesterday, and I was surprised to see the fountain is back to normal (the last time I was there it had an upside down car on it, which I had thought was going to be part of Fright Nights).

Anyway. Car gone. Fountain back. Anyone know what the car was for?

was only there for 48 hrs during filming of the commercial and then removed. Will no doubt be put back probably the night prior to opening.

no other noticeable changes in the park on wednesday when I visited. No movement or noise from inside the show stage either 

I'm surprised they haven't posted anything about shows or panic rooms or food yet.

I'm surprised they haven't even announced the hours of operation. I'm sure it would be the same as previous years, but it would be still good to see a core part in the operation of the event to be addressed.

Also, any clues as to why they have decided to use Zombieland as a precinct? I understand the appeal for zombies and how they are currently the "monster of the year" but the Zombieland franchise doesn't exactly have the same gravity as some classic names (i.e Friday the 13th). Not to mention the fact that no sequel or related media is being released soon, which rules out the possibility for this to be advertising. I'm not complaining but rather trying to find the reasoning behind this specific choice.

Well there was always going to be a zombie precinct given they are the most common fright nights characters. Zombieland was probably an IP they had available and figured they could add in a recognisable name. I'm thinking there won't really be any movie ties in the precinct (the car over the fountain isn't really zombieland-esque, however a major scene is in a theme park.)

Apparently there's a Zombieland 2 coming soon? Maybe that's why? They've done the walking dead twice so maybe MW wanted a different zombie based IP? 

Isnt it ironic that Zombieland will be in the same area where Batwing is - which is similar to the ride Emma Stone gets stuck on in the film. 

Do you think they'll upload more commercials for Wyrmwood, Wolf Creek 2 & Evil Within?

Well they usually do every year don't they? My guess is that they will. I'm going on the 3rd of October (the second night) instead of my usual date of going the weekend before Halloween. Any advice to beat the lines in case they get real bad? 

Do you think they'll upload more commercials for Wyrmwood, Wolf Creek 2 & Evil Within?

Don't they usually only do one commercial per year? Last year we had an extended cut as well as a shortened version of the same commercial. The year before that we only got one. Even what is arguably the largest Halloween event in the world, Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando, only has one commercial per year. I don't know why you're thinking that there would be multiple. Anyway, the commercial is of high quality, unlike some other years. One gets the job done.

Also, I'll be attending opening night so I'll be able to give you guys a early review of what each maze and zone is like.

Don't they usually only do one commercial per year? Last year we had an extended cut as well as a shortened version of the same commercial. The year before that we only got one. Even what is arguably the largest Halloween event in the world, Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando, only has one commercial per year. I don't know why you're thinking that there would be multiple. Anyway, the commercial is of high quality, unlike some other years. One gets the job done.

well, they produced six commercials/ adverts promoting FN last year. They had two for Evil Within, Two for Wolf Creek 2, One for Cannibal Clowns and one for Rage Rampage ( even tho it didn't get chosen for the " Choose The Maze" Competition ) + they had posters all around the Gold Coast and Mick Taylor's Radio Quiz. 

The year before they had three behind the scenes promos + two commercials ( one shorter than the other) Plus they had the preview show at the parade. 

In 2012, they posted some promo videos which lead up to Jake Thrupp turning into a zombie plus the commercial. 

Any advice to beat the lines in case they get real bad? 

Purchase the fast track passes or get yourself the Ultimate Terror Tour package.  Reminder : Entry isn't included in these packages.

I'm guessing I'm going to get mixed reviews about the following statement but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it but I actually prefer Fright Nights instead of HHN.

Movie World posted this on their Facebook earlier today. You can tell it was taken in Crime Alley ( next to Village Bean - always referred it to Crime Alley cause that's where Batman would have his meet and greets) because of the posters and the Caltex ( I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong) sign in the background. A nice recognisable nod to the film.

image.jpeg

I'm guessing I'm going to get mixed reviews about the following statement but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it but I actually prefer Fright Nights instead of HHN.

Have you been to HHN? I'm not trying to get up you or anything, but the weight behind that comment differs depending on whether you've been to the event in person, or just judging from youtube.

Have you been to HHN? I'm not trying to get up you or anything, but the weight behind that comment differs depending on whether you've been to the event in person, or just judging from youtube.

No, I've been to the event. I'm not saying I don't like HHN, they've done an awesome job in the past  but I prefer Fright Nights. 

No, I've been to the event. I'm not saying I don't like HHN, they've done an awesome job in the past  but I prefer Fright Nights. 

I don't mind if you prefer HHN or Fright Nights, It's just me being critical. You can sort of see where I'm coming from when I say that making that statement with no experience doesn't really provide much weight. It's like writing a thesis and referencing "John Doe at Info4KoolKidz" or "Dr Paul Smith's PHD thesis". One's going to be more highly regarded than the other.

^So why do you prefer FN? Is it the atmosphere, mazes, scare zones, scare actors?

Please do answer this. I would love to pick your brain as to why you've come to this statement. 

^So why do you prefer FN? Is it the atmosphere, mazes, scare zones, scare actors?

alone gave me the absolute chills and all that was was a few empty wheelchairs and an elevator on the other side. Same with Wolf Creek. Instead of having Mick jump out in every scene, MW decided to build the suspense level. I was waiting for him to pop any second ( especially in the cop car, campground or house/ forest set.) The suspense was driving me crazy haha ?The performers in the streets are also amazing. The zombies, the nurses ( I swear, one looked like Nurse Ratched), the rednecks and the guy in the cage did a great job. I just received a level of creeped out that I don't usually receive at other similar events. I definitely get frightened at other events like HHN but I prefer FN. 

I prefer if someone didn't 'pick' my brain but I will voice my opinion ?

Tbh, it's the mazes and the atmosphere. The costumes, makeup, masks and scare tactics are so well done it feels like you just walked into a horror film - look at Evil Within last year. The hospital corridors alone gave me the absolute chills and all that was was a few empty wheelchairs and an elevator on the other side. Same with Wolf Creek. Instead of having Mick jump out in every scene, MW decided to build the suspense level. I was waiting for him to pop any second ( especially in the cop car, campground or house/ forest set.) The suspense was driving me crazy haha ?The performers in the streets are also amazing. The zombies, the nurses ( I swear, one looked like Nurse Ratched), the rednecks and the guy in the cage did a great job. I just received a level of creeped out that I don't usually receive at other similar events. I definitely get frightened at other events like HHN but I prefer FN. 

Sorry guys, I'm having technical trouble with typing on this forum so I have to type on notes then copy and post it on here. My device is glitching a bit. Please  disregard the first part of the post I made.