What can Movie World do to reduce the strain?

7 hours ago, pin142 said:

On paper it would be but I am sure they will find a way to screw it up :P

Yeah, plenty of scope for epic failure there. Do like La Ronde: get all the people off the train, out the exit, wait a little longer just to be annoying and then open the air gates. Now LaRonde is a crazy place - you have a B & M invert, so you go out and get a 2nd hand Vekoma SLC (BTW took an hour to get on with a gold q-bot on moderate crowd day).

Went to MW this morning, and queues were surprisingly not too bad. SE queue was only about 5 minutes (went to it first), and found today that operations were fairly quick. Almost as soon as one train went, the 2nd one would come through and would be loaded. GL queue was only about 10 minutes, but today, of all the rides, I found the loading process the slowest. They weren't doing things instantly, as soon as the car came in, and people get off the platform, the next load should be getting on. And surely by the time the two cars on the track are on the brake run, the next 2 cars should be going. I'm not complaining, but just an observation, and thoughts, but I can't judge, as I've never worked in the parks. SCSC was about a 30 minute wait, and I never released they do this, but I joined the queue at 11, and was given a card to give to the ride attendant at the loading station so they know how long the queue is. And I saw the 4D show for the first time, and thought it was the best one they've had showing since Shrek.

"To reduce the strain", yes, add more rides. But I want this expansion to be Eastwards (apart from the potential ride near SDSC/WWF). To do this, the car park should be reduced in footprint by making it a 2 or 3 level carpark.

This may affect visibility of the park from the M1, but the foliage along that road has almost done that already for the southbound lanes, and trees on Entertainment Rd has almost done it for the Northbound Lanes.

I do apologise, having been away from Parkz for almost a decade, but is the new external entertainment area going to be similar to entertainment areas such as Universal's City Walk, or Disney Village at Disneyland Paris? That can pull some 'locals' from the park itself.