Virtual Reality on Motocoaster at Dreamworld

New display name

11 hours ago, AlexB said:

... i'm disappointed they've chosen what I imagine is a generic off the shelf VR system. I'm sure that the alien invasion VR is designed to fit onto any coaster and it just modifies the turns and twists to suit the ride it is on - so this won't be the only park in the world you can experience it. I think its a greatly missed opportunity that they did not theme the VR to motorcycles, but of course that would have meant designing the VR experience from the ground up.

Actually, I think the whole VR system was custom-made:

“We looked at some ‘off-the-shelf’ products from overseas but decided we could do something even more engaging and amazing by making our own"

Even the VR video I think is custom-made:

“Rotor Studios make commercials, animations and computer generated content every day, but partnering on a virtual reality rollercoaster is something else altogether,” he said.

Actually, there are a few quotes that point to a custom-made VR experience.

Well, they could always run the Alien experience whilst they develop their own motorcycle VR in house, and then relaunch it as MDMC II in a year's time...

I really hope this is the case - that Skyrider is a temporary experience but so far, it looks fairly permanent.

3 hours ago, Jackson13Walasek said:

Did I hear first of many?? 

What other rides do you think VR could appear on??

Yes, you did! To answer the 2nd question, given DW has so many rides, I'll just say any ride that does not have any extensive or critical on-ride theming.

• Aqualoop vs. Wedgie

In my opinion, I think The Wedgie is a good alternative to Aqualoop.

On 20/09/2016 at 7:30 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

And I thought DW having themed lands/rides placed in the wrong places was terrible - making a ride have 2 themes is just ridiculous. Let's hope this won't become a trend:

“All going well, we hope to introduce VR as an option on other rides and attractions in the park to further extend and enhance the guest experience.”

Round 2! And the trend (thankfully) doesn't exist!...yet.

Dreamworld Brings The World’s Oldest Culture To Life Through Modern Technology

New immersive Corroboree virtual reality experience now available

Immerse yourself in a world of Indigenous storytelling, song and dance as Dreamworld’s all new virtual reality Corroboree experience brings the world’s oldest culture to life right before your eyes. 

The first of its kind on the planet and featuring 360degree viewing, Corroboree VR takes you inside the inner cultural sanctum of a local Indigenous family, with Elders and parents teaching weapon making, basket and string making, traditional dance and body painting to the younger members of their tribe. 

The production was directed by local Yugambeh member Luther Cora and features local stories and songs performed by traditional families and dancers from the Gold Coast.

Corroboree VR is now available free to Dreamworld guests ages 13 and over at Dreamworld Corroboree, limited numbers per session. 

This is the second application of home-grown virtual reality technology applied to the Dreamworld’s attractions with the park now trialling the VR thrill ride SkyRider on the Mick Doohan Motocoaster.